World Silver Sable & Black Cat film

mclay18

Avenger
Reaction score
Apparently, Sony is reviving their "secret female spinoff project", which centers on famous Spider-Man supporting characters Silver Sable and Black Cat. The studio hired Christopher Yost (Thor: Ragnarok) to rewrite Lisa Joy's draft, and hope to have the project out to directors for a fall start date.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-tackling-silver-sable-black-cat-movie-988065

It's being produced by Matt Tomach and Amy Pascal, so Avi Arad won't have his paws all over this. But it won't connect to the Spidey MCU at all.

Depending on age maybe have Katheryn Winnick as Silver Sable and Eliza Dushku as Black Cat?

Depending on age maybe have Katheryn Winnick as Silver Sable and Eliza Dushku as Black Cat?

I'd like an older actress for Sable and younger actress for Cat. It'd be cool to see that dynamic, I guess.

I'm interested in reading what creative direction they decide to take with this; I'm surprised with the team-up notion but will be interesting see what kind of movie they want to make out of this. I don't think they've ever teamed up in the comics have they?

I just looked at another website seeing this piece of news and there sure were annoyingly predictabe laughing memes and immaturity (was a comics news site so perhaps why). I'm thinking with all the superhero movies that have been coming out there's room for variation so am open minded about this even though would've preferred a solo Sable movie going with the notion of a female spin-off movie as perhaps easier to sell as "Silver Sable and the Wildpack" with 80's styled advertising and so-forth but we'll see.

I'm interested in reading what creative direction they decide to take with this; I'm surprised with the team-up notion but will be interesting see what kind of movie they want to make out of this.

I'm guessing maybe the largely positive reception to the proposed Gotham City Sirens movie (and possible Birds of Prey follow-up) might have played a part.

I'm guessing maybe the largely positive reception to the proposed Gotham City Sirens movie (and possible Birds of Prey follow-up) might have played a part.

I don't know about that cause this script was long in development before those DC projects unless major tweaks were made at the last moment.

It's ok though. It'll be interesting to learn more on this as the production shouldn't be too far off apparently.

Edit: One lesson hope Sony takes from WB is not to meddle with the movie too much post-production. Have a vision in mind as well as a comfortable budget can stick with to sell a good untampered with final product.

Last edited:
I mean I love both characters, and I've been waiting to see Black Cat in one of these movies for a long time now. But, Sony's recent tract record hasn't been all that impressive recently.

So, I'm taking a wait and see approach for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"