Sin City Reboot

2kt09

Snyder Rent-Free
Reaction score
http://deadline.com/2017/05/frank-m...zara-len-wiseman-stephen-lheureux-1202104935/

TWC/Dimension is developing a TV reboot of Frank Miller’s iconic comic series Sin City. This one will hew closely to the graphic novels, with a fresh take by writer Glen Mazzara, the showrunner whose resume includes The Shield, The Walking Dead and The Omen.
Underworld helmer Len Wiseman, whose TV credits include Sleepy Hollow and Lucifer, will direct. Stephen L’Heureux (Sin City: A Dame To Kill For) will oversee this and produce with Miller, Mazzara, Wiseman and Bob & Harvey Weinstein.

The intention is to be a far departure from the films, introducing original characters and timelines within the Sin City universe. Stay tuned.

Meh. I feel like Sin City could've been a great franchise at one point, that first movie was a strong starting point, but then the whole thing got squandered.

I like the first movie. The second movie was pretty bad. Mazzara made some bad choices with The Walking Dead and Damien was trash. I hope it's good, but...

Last edited:
"A far departure from the films, introducing original characters and timelines within the Sin City universe"...because that worked out so well in A Dame to Kill For. :o

The idea of this is exciting. I enjoy the first movie but I would love a less stylized approach. No green screen just a down and out noir series.
I would love that
Meh. I feel like Sin City could've been a great franchise at one point, that first movie was a strong starting point, but then the whole thing got squandered.

Yeah it's really weird they waited so long

I'm interested but the timing is way off .Should've done it way earlier than this.

The intention is to be a far departure from the films, introducing original characters and timelines within the Sin City universe.

So Sin City in name only? That doesn't exactly fill me with enthusiasm - sounds like they want their own Gotham. I like the Sin City films (even the second one) but this is too late. My feeling is that they'll produce a mediocre crime series, stick the tag 'Sin City' on it in big bold lettering and hope that's enough to pull people in - because hey, it's based on a comic. If it happens I give it one season.

Last edited:
So Sin City in name only? That doesn't exactly fill me with enthusiasm - sounds like they want their own Gotham. I like the Sin City films (even the second one) but this is too late. My feeling is that they'll produce mediocre 'noir-ish' crime series, stick the tag 'Sin City' on it in big bold lettering and hope that's enough to pull people in - because it's based on a comic. If it happens I give it one season.

With the talent pool involved that may be the case. Might put more emphasis on the look of the show than the actual writing.

Television is the best venue, considering the material.

I hope they can bring Miller in once a season to pen an episode, like GRRM on 'Thrones.

Plus, I hope they maintain the aesthetic from the comics (and films, of course.)

With the talent pool involved that may be the case. Might put more emphasis on the look of the show than the actual writing.

Which would be a real shame. A series faithful to the comics, that replicated their feel and quality in the same way that the first movie managed to could be great.

I wouldn't mind a straight noir black and white look as opposed to the stylized film look, as much as I loved that. It would help separate it.

It's definitely going to have far less CGI backdrops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"