Singer Saw X3

narrows101

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,197369,00.html

X-Men 3 Will Pass ‘M:I: III’ Today

By the time American audiences have finished passing through movie theater turnstiles today, "X-Men: The Last Stand" will surpass “Mission: Impossible III” – possibly known as "Tom Cruise’s Last Stand," in tickets sold.

It is predicted that the final “X Men” movie could hit between $124 and $127 million dollars on its fourth day of release. M:I:III should end the holiday weekend at a total of around $116 million on its 25th day in theaters.

The numbers tell the story. Each are good action flicks, with plenty of wild special effects. But the "X-Men" cast of nine or so principals welcomed the public, while the "M:I:III" main star did everything he could to turn us off.
Ironically, "X-Men" director Brett Ratner was one of the names briefly considered to direct “M:I:III” during the shuffle of events that brought J.J. Abrams, of “Alias" fame, to that movie and original “X-Men” director Bryan Singer to “Superman Returns.” Ratner, of course, was up for the latter job before Singer, as Singer was supposed to finish his “X-Men” trilogy.

And here’s a little movie gossip for you: On Friday night, Ratner bought a bunch of tickets and took his friends, who included former fiancée Rebecca Gayheart, her husband, Salma Hayek and Ratner’s girlfriend Alina to Mann’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood to watch “X Men 3” with a real audience. When the show was over, they ran into Singer, who’d snuck in to see what Ratner had done with his franchise.

“He kept saying, It’s unbelievable, it’s unbelievable,” says a source who was present at the accidental meeting. Singer, of course, must be kicking himself that he abandoned X-Men. (And who does that, by the way? What was he thinking?)

The big winner here is Hugh Jackman, who plays Wolverine. Now that “X-Men: The Last Stand” has proven to be a mega hit, Jackman will clean up with a sequel based on his character and perhaps featuring cameos from the others, if not a full-fledged romantic pairing with either Storm (Halle Berry) or Jean Grey (Famke Janssen).

Ratner’s stock also shoots up very high, as “X-Men: The Last Stand” enters the record books. He starts filming “Rush Hour 3” (he also did the first two) for New Line Cinema in August, with locations in Paris and New York. That means that next summer, Ratner could own either Memorial Day (again) or July 4, making him the thinking man’s Michael Bay, if nothing else.

"It’s unbelievable, it’s unbelievable...

.. how they could screw it up so badly."

:)

Of course he loved it. It kept faith to the story arcs from the previous movies. This movie didn't suddenly veer off in another direction.

LadyVader said:
"It’s unbelievable, it’s unbelievable...

.. how they could screw it up so badly."

:)
or

"It's unbelievable,

no nsync music, lame wire fu, ******ed Sabertooth, or Dr. Pepper ads!"

:O

:rolleyes:

This board has far to many whiners, when it's clear a majority LOVED this movie.

They never clarify what Singer meant by "Unbelievable." I'd love to know what he meant.

Do any of you think Singer would bad mouth Ratner in public about the film?

Well i hope he liked it, but i still cant believe he left X-men to Superman.

I doubt Singer would be saying ''It's unbelievable. It's unbeliveable." and mean it badly in front of his friend, Ratner.

The movie mad alot of money Why would he not like?Singer is showing respect...

narrows101 said:
Singer, of course, must be kicking himself that he abandoned X-Men. (And who does that, by the way? What was he thinking?)[/B]

In all fairness he was obviously torn but it is well documented about his love for Superman, so I forgive him and look forward to a Superman film that rocks.

narrows101 said:
And here’s a little movie gossip for you: On Friday night, Ratner bought a bunch of tickets and took his friends, who included former fiancée Rebecca Gayheart, her husband, Salma Hayek and Ratner’s girlfriend Alina to Mann’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood to watch “X Men 3” with a real audience. When the show was over, they ran into Singer, who’d snuck in to see what Ratner had done with his franchise.

Maybe Ratner could offer Salma a part in X4.

Oh great. Now you whiners are trying to FORCE your opinion on Singer. If he liked it, then good for him. It shows that he's a smarter man, than I once originally thought.

Bastilla,

Wouldn't you leave the franchise if the head of the studio's ego got in the way of making a great product?

I mean, Rothman gave Singer no choice we he showed lack of confidence in his work with the previous films eventhough they made millions off it at Fox.

The funniest part of that story is that he refers to Rebecca Gayheart's "husband". Her husband is Eric Dane, who plays Multiple Man and is a key player in the movie.

That could mean a multiple number of things, so hopefully in the near future when he's interviewed someone will ask him.

Even if someone does ask him, he's not going to bad mouth the film. He and Ratner are friends and I'm sure he understood the pressure Ratner was under to deliver the film in the amount of time he had.

So, we'll never hear what he really thinks about it.

Unless we tap his phones or hack his computer or something. And we would never do something like that...

Would we? ;)

its funny that singers only smart if he likes X3.....

JustABill said:
I doubt Singer would be saying ''It's unbelievable. It's unbeliveable." and mean it badly in front of his friend, Ratner.

I doubt Singer really thinks it's unbelievable. He knows X-2 is better.

It appears that Singer can't win if he liked the movie, or if he didn't. Each side will say he is stupid either way (I am not like that, but from this thread, I can tell who is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"