Singer Saw X3

In my opinion, Ian McKellan owned the movie. All of his scenes were amazing, even the non-action ones. Hey, he's a Shakespearean actor. What could've possibly gone wrong?

The convoy scene was definitely one of my favourite scenes from the movie. Just to see him crushing those cars like paper, it was like seeing the comics coming to life.

ShadowBoxing said:
This may come as a huge shock to you. But Rambo III does not start a lot of water cooler discussion in the US, nor does T3, Predator 2, Batman and Robin, Charlies Angels, or AVP. However Alien/Aliens, Terminator 1 and 2, Rocky I, Batman Begins, Predator 1 and Spider-Man do. Why, what do all these films have in common. They are more character driven. When you watch a movie one of two things happen. You either walk out and think wow that was cool/sucks and forget about it. Or you think wow and it sticks with you for a long long time. Good action movies are a dime a dozen. Most (even entertaining ones) are about as memorable as car commercials.

To make a good action film that you watch 100s of times over (like BB, T2, Predator 1) you have to create characters who the audience are emotionally attached to. This in turn helps the action because it creates suspense. In the case of X3 (for me) yeah the action rocked, but I kinda shrugged when I saw someone die or win a fight. I did not care who won, because I was not emotionally attached. Same with AVP, T3 and Charlie's Angels (my girlfriend wanted to see it:( ). In X2 when Jean died I almost shed a tear right then and there, and years later it still gets me choked up. Batman Begins I actually get tense thinking will Bruce Wayne make it in time to save Gotham:eek: . Why, because I actually have a vested interest in him winning.

X3 will by and large fall into that forgettable category, because while it has it's fanbase even they don't say they had a huge emotional attachment or even rave about the characterization.

So no, if you want a good film character development, story and dialogue come first, then you add the action.

Don't tell me u didn't had a single drop of tear when Prof Xavier died. X3 was much better in terms of emotion compared to X2. That jene scene at the end of X2 was a JOKE. I felt nothing for her. To be honest with you i was laughing when she was dying because everyone acted horribly at that moment in X2.

X3 was much much better in terms of emotion.

antariksh said:
Don't tell me u didn't had a single drop of tear when Prof Xavier died. X3 was much better in terms of emotion compared to X2. That jene scene at the end of X2 was a JOKE. I felt nothing for her. To be honest with you i was laughing when she was dying because everyone acted horribly at that moment in X2.

X3 was much much better in terms of emotion.

No way!!! Jeans death at the end of X2 is far, far better executed than Prof.X's in X3, they dont even compare!!!!!

cyclops_narrowweb__300x375,0.jpg

awww...kinda creepy Cyclops. lol weird. I found this under google while searching for Cyclops lol...

CapBeerCino said:
Bryan couldn't have sound more "Meh" if he tried.
Singer states a fact (I thought when you have to balance all of those characters and then you have to introduce new characters on top of that as well as service all of the characters that have been created. It's a momentum task.) He never say Ratner achives that. If anything to me it sounds like he's saying 'too many characters'.
I don't see an ounce of enthusiasm. He said he was impressed (Hey, so was I - badly impressed by this movie)
So much like his "unbelievable" remark, this doesn't say he loved the movie.

Notice how quickly he changed the subject as well? ;) He didn't dislike the film clearly, but he clearly didn't love it. He was basically impressed with how Ratner was able to incorporate all the characters...but nothing else was mentioned. That's it.

Singer's obviously trying to tiptoe around the subject. Probably wants to stick up for his friend (Ratner) but doesnt want to lie either.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
No way!!! Jeans death at the end of X2 is far, far better executed than Prof.X's in X3, they dont even compare!!!!!

I couldn't agree more.

First time I saw Jean death within the context of the story, made me feel for her a whole lot than being turned off by her death and not being a x-fan to begin with. I cried when she died, I admit it and Famke-when she was all sniffling as she turned her head and looked back at the others made me want to yell "DON'T DO IT!!" "AAAAAAAAH WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" but she did anyway... and it cost her life... ... see it takes a lot to upset me, but Jean's death was so hard to take and it changed the way I felt toward her in the cartoons...and comics. Same goes with Scott. meh Logan is okay.

I find it hard to care for anyones death. As they were predictable with or without knowing spoilers & everything happened so damn fast you just dont care at all

tonytr1687 said:
Singer's obviously trying to tiptoe around the subject. Probably wants to stick up for his friend (Ratner) but doesnt want to lie either.

Unless anyone was with them and listening to the conversation, no one knows what he thought.

spideyboy_1111 said:
funny how the polls STILL speak differently

Actually, if one were to consider the notion that Singer wouldn't just be thinking that The Last Stand sucks, but rather that he would be thinking that he could have done a better job, and one more agreeable among the general consensus of people, like with X2 . . . then the polls on the Hype (and everywhere else) wouldn't speak differently, as Singer's work via X2 is always illustrated as more favorable than X3.

Regardless, I essentially agree with danoyse . . . obviously no one knows what he thought, especially since he barely answered the question.

^^ i know what he thought... he was genuinely impressed. I'm only guessing this because..er uhm Thats what he said.

The character development was doing rather well at the beginning of the movie, but seems to totally drop off the map after Xavier dies. Then there's only a tiny bit of character "moments" i.e. Bobby and Kitty on the frozen fountain, but Jean is practically a standing vegetable till the very end. It drives me nuts that her character wasn't developed and utilized more throughout the film.

Does anyone know what the script was like before Singer's departure from X3? I can all but guarantee that Singer would've added much more material letting us actually care what happens to any of the characters by movie's end.

Singer does seem to skirt around the answering to the question, and quickly switches subjects. Coincidence or is he not telling everything he truly feels about the movie? I choose the former than the latter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"