Sir Elton: "Ban organised religion"

I think "banning" people to practice their religion is ridiculous, however I do believe that Governments should be secular and not use religion to justify or influence their politics. Politics and Religion are two separate issues and should stay like that. For example, the issue of gay marriages, it should simply be made legal and then left up to the individual church ministers to decide whether they wish to marry the a couple or not. And thus, everybody is happy. Except for the Pope, but he's never happy.

maxwell's demon said:
what rationale can you possibly have for justifying that stance?

What sexual position a homosexual chooses to take is of no importance to me.

War Lord said:
What sexual position a homosexual chooses to take is of no importance to me.

har har. anyhow seriously, please answer the question. because i sometimes sense a twisted sort of logic in your posts.

also you never addressed this: what i find strange is how you square off your demonstrated belief in God, the bible, and religion, with your belief in "playing god" i.e. genetic engineering.

I'd think he'd say God gave us the gift of intelligence, as a tool, and that it doesn't necessarily contradict his will when we use technology to manipulate nature, I'd guess.

maxwell's demon said:
har har. anyhow seriously, please answer the question. because i sometimes sense a twisted sort of logic in your posts.

also you never addressed this: what i find strange is how you square off your demonstrated belief in God, the bible, and religion, with your belief in "playing god" i.e. genetic engineering.

We play god all the time. We spend a fortune trying to cure cancer and other diseases.

It's merely fashionable that we've normalized homosexuality.

War Lord said:
We play god all the time. We spend a fortune trying to cure cancer and other diseases.

It's merely fashionable that we've normalized homosexuality.

wait, is that second statement meant as a response to the question about your rationale?

maxwell's demon said:
wait, is that second statement meant as a response to the question about your rationale?

You asked me about how I can equate my belief in the Bible, yet play God when it comes to genetic engineering.

It doesn't matter what I believe, it's a fact that we play God all the time.

right, but about the other question. about why a gay persons belief that they don't need any ungay-ification doesn't matter to you. what's your justification there?

maxwell's demon said:
right, but about the other question. about why a gay persons belief that they don't need any ungay-ification doesn't matter to you. what's your justification there?

His position in and of itself, I don't care.

I just don't want to pay for his mistakes.

how does my life as a gay affect someone else on these boards in a substantial way? :huh:

its a mistake and it will cost Jonty approximately $4.67 each week until you stop making that mistake.

newwaveboy87 said:
how does my life as a gay affect someone else on these boards in a substantial way? :huh:

Let's just say that I think everybody should be free to live as they wish and if the consequences of their mistakes are dire, it's not my problem.

but that doesn't answer the question of what you truly meant by you don't want to pay for someone else's mistake. :o

newwaveboy87 said:
but that doesn't answer the question of what you truly meant by you don't want to pay for someone else's mistake. :o

It's a generic answer that covers everything one can think of. If somebody dies of AIDS, or lung cancer, because they choose to have habits that weren't necessarily the brightest, I don't want to pay for it.

If people want to be free to do what they want, then they should be responsible for their consequences.

he likes pepperoni combos. alot.

06173m-large.gif

War Lord said:
It's a generic answer that covers everything one can think of. If somebody dies of AIDS, or lung cancer, because they choose to have habits that weren't necessarily the brightest, I don't want to pay for it.

If people want to be free to do what they want, then they should be responsible for their consequences.

compassion is a trait that should die out for the good of the human race!:cmad:

War Lord said:

you do realize that people can get lung cancer from not smoking right? that you can still get lung cancer and never smoked a single cigarette or been near second hand smoke a day in your life.

also, someone's life that you don't know, how are YOU going to have to pay for the consequences of it? you're not. you just don't want people to be different from you, you're obviously afraid of that. whether you'll admit that to yourself or not. which you probably won't and will probably tell me something along the lines of how i don't really know you and shouldn't make judgements like that, i still feel as if i am right.

how does that feel?

maxwell's demon said:
compassion is a trait that should die out for the good of the human race!:cmad:
i like you. you entertain me.

War Lord said:

:huh: what does that have to do with anything.
straight people are affected bny VD's as well.
so....ummm, you're not making any sense.

LOL.....yeah, what am I thinking?

War Lord said:

Not just gay people get AIDS.

I have to wonder... this is a website about COMIC BOOKS! It surprises me how many homophobic X-Men fans there are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"