If You Were To Start Your Own Religion...

I realize I'm not exactly answering your question, but my ideal religion would probably have a lot in common with Buddhism.

I love this quote, and I love Einstein. :heart:

Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: It transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural and spritual; and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things, natural and spiritual, as a meaningful unity. -Albert Einstein

I realize I'm not exactly answering your question, but my ideal religion would probably have a lot in common with Buddhism.

I love this quote, and I love Einstein. :heart:

that all sounds good, but not enough nudity.

First Temple of Krypton.

Messiah: Kal-el

Born from the godly loins from his father Jor-El and sent to earth to be our savior, this "super" Man fights the evil sins of common man while teaching us his love through Bullet proof strengh.

With the good spell being spread by his disiples, as told in the Books of Jimmy, Lois, Perry and Bruce, we learn that "You will be different. Sometimes, you will feel like an outcast, but you will never be alone. You will make my strength your own. You will see my life through your eyes as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son."

Join us and be one with Kal-El.

And please send a check for $14.95 to the First Temple of Krypton to gain your salvation TODAY!

There are a few underlying details to work out around morals and all that hub-bub, but my religion would definitely involve human sacrifice. Primarily of those that I deem stupid. And people who drive mini-vans. :up:

jag

The First Synagogue of Jewish Comedians

Ed Asner is our Messiah. He shall lead us to the way of righteous comedy and true enlightenment that can only be found in quality entertainment.

Mel Brooks be praised!

Pentism

With five dieties, none a "Perfect" god, they rule.

Agis is God of speed, revenge, and the air

Miolin is Goddess of wisdom, judgement, and steel

Rahs is God of Strength, defense, and earth

Zoken is god of ingenuity, mirth, and water

Raivox is god of ruthlessness, cruelty, and fire

The first three sit in judgement of all souls upon their death. Agis arguing against their admittance into Tir Na, the joyful lands. Rahs argues for their admittance into Tir Na. Miolin listens to both and passes judgement on the souls. those that are barred are cast to Raivox's land of pain, Myr Na.

Only one soul has ever escaped. He out witted even Miolin and returned to Earth alive. He brought with them knowledge stolen from the gods. "The Standards" were the criteria which Miolin kept hidden from even the other gods on which she judged the souls brought before her. This one being who escaped the gods became known as Diyls. Diyls brought the Standards to Earth so that all may live by them.

The First Criterion: A mortal worthy of admitance should wish to give Comfort to their fellow mortal.
The Second Criterion: A mortal Worthy of admitance should be humble
The Third Criterion: A Mortal worthy of admitance should not with to take life
The Fourth Criterion: A mortal worthy of admitance should not delight in the causing of pain
The Fifth Criterion: A mortal worthy of admitance should be proud of the way they live their life

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"