• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Slushy and Neko Punk Go To White Castle.

Slushy

Superhero
Reaction score
11 years ago, I watched the first Harold and Kumar movie. Having lived in Las Vegas most of my life, I didn't know White Castle was an actual food chain (it was the first in the US). I thought it was something they made up for the film. When I found it about its existence, I wanted to try it out because of what I saw on screen as well as word of mouth from a bunch of my friends on the East Coast, but I never got the chance to do so because the closest location to me was in St. Louis.

Last year, they announced there would be a location in Vegas, their first one in the Western part of the US after their successful sales test at the annual Foodie Fest over the years here, which would usually be a three hour wait in line. After hearing about the grand opening today, me and my buddy drove over there as fast as we could. After a one hour wait in line (which shocked me as I thought it was going to be longer), we had arrived.

1014052_10203883669000027_8199705100386663980_n.jpg

10923518_10203884001208332_3221688246626053148_n.jpg

10483987_10203884025808947_3320175525483423608_n.jpg

10956047_10203884092170606_4426356648265600914_n.jpg

We tried to take the Harold and Kumar Challenge: 30 sliders, 5 fries, and large Cherry Cokes and we couldn't do it! We finished halfway before our stomachs tapped out from being full, but let me just say after waiting the years, the months, the days, the hours, the minutes, and the seconds, I took the first bite out of their slider and it was totally worth it. :woo:

Sadly, the only White Castle we had in Brooklyn closed down not too long ago. And it was in a prime location too. I guess with all the building of new apartments and whatnot, they had to close down. The place where White Castle was is now being filled in with another new place altogether.

I've been to White Castle twice in my life. The first time was in Indianapolis a few years after the film came out , it was glorious. The second time was in Ohio on a road trip. I insisted we go and sung it's praises the whole way. I learned two things when I got to that location : You can have a catered wedding inside White Castle and the food isn't always great , the burgers there tasted like greasy wet sludge. epic fail.

When I lived in FL they had this place called Krystal's which was essentially the same thing.

Last edited:
I went back and tried the chicken rings. They were okay.

Enjoy the midnight run to the can.

Funny enough, I farted a lot due to the onions, but didn't suffer toilet torture like I do after eating Taco Bell!

I always wanted to get a Crave Case but now it just wouldn't feel right with me eating the whole case by myself.

Nearest one to where I live is 70 miles away, so when I go, I go with purpose. Last time I bought 3 Crave cases (plus an extra dozen for the trip home. It's a long drive)

There was a Krystal much closer but they got closed down because rats (so I heard). It's not the same tho. Krystal is like the Go-Bots of tiny burgers.

Even though I live in the land of 24 hour diners, I'd rather have White Castle after drinking.

The closest White Castle is only a half a mile away from where I live.

The microwave white castle burgers are surprisingly good and similar to what you get in stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"