• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

So... A Fire Just Broke Out At Six Flags America...

Reaction score
Where I happen to work... The fire broke out right across from the set my show happens to be playing in. The smoke overtook the sky above our set, and even started heating up our set a little bit.

It especially got scary when we heard there were three propane tanks on the wall of the building that caught fire...

And that there were two propane tanks right by our dressing room.

Not much is known as of yet:

http://www.nbc4.com/news/17043268/detail.html?dl=mainclick

What was the show?

It's a Wild West stunt show. We've become wildly popular at the park, so it's a pretty fun show to do with as big of crowds as we've been getting.

What's with all the propane tanks?

As far as the propane tanks at the building that caught fire, I have no clue. It's a haunted house for a Fright Fest show as far as I know, so that likely has some fire in it.

Our propane tanks are at our set because we have an "explosion" in our show. The shack that "explodes" is only about 8 feet away from our dressing room (with the tanks about 15 feet away)... So we were a bit worried

Hopefully things will be back in order when I return to the area next month. I was hoping to go there when I got back.

Hopefully things will be back in order when I return to the area next month. I was hoping to go there when I got back.

Hell, I imagine they'll be back in order tomorrow... Unless the fire spread, although I don't think it did. The building that caught fire isn't used during this time of the season, so I don't think any operations will be stopped unless an investigation is called.

So nobody died? Not worthy of a thread then.

At least this wasn't "A fire is breaking out next door, what should I do?"

So nobody died? Not worthy of a thread then.

At least this wasn't "A fire is breaking out next door, what should I do?"

Right, I'll be sure to tell management that in the morning.

As of the time I left the park, we didn't know whether or not anyone was hurt in the park, although like I said, it was unused, so likely nobody was.

And really, I don't think it matters much whether you deem it worthy. I'm glad none of my coworkers and friends were hurt/killed by the fire, but it's in the news and I witnessed it firsthand, so I posted it here.

That park needs to die.
Okay, I haven't been there but I here it's really ghetto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"