• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Student Draws Controversy with American Flags

No, I'm saying that it's asinine to say the swastika means only one thing, despite the evidence that shows it means something else.

But we're getting off topic since this was about a damn flag

No, I'm saying that it's asinine to say the swastika means only one thing, despite the evidence that shows it means something else.

It's true that the Swastika means more than one thing, but there are many words, phrases, symbols, etc. which have different meanings. You're basically saying that people shouldn't be offended by the Swastika, that they should know what the other meaning of it is and stop *****ing about it. Because apparently, if they read up on it, that will erase the hardships the Jewish people endured during WWII, and the horror which extended to over two-thirds of Jewish families across the world under that symbol. These people don't need to buy some book denoting the history of every symbol used by every culture, because their culture has been adversely affected the Swastika in one way and one way only. That is the way they remember it, and rightfully so. And for anyone to call the Jewish people "stupid" or to say that they should "**** off" because they can't see the meaning which preceded the modern day meaning of the Swastika is utterly despicable, and reduces your credibility as a rational-thinking member of the human race.

And since this is said on an internet message board, it means nothing

And since this is said on an internet message board, it means nothing

So, what does that mean? That you hide behind message boards to express how you view people like the Jews? Do you have a problem with doing it in person?

So, what does that mean? That you hide behind message boards to express how you view people like the Jews? Do you have a problem with doing it in person?

As I said earlier, I loathe everyone equally. If that offends you since you have sympathies for a particular group, good.

I don't do it in person because I don't engage in conversation with people in person. I ignore everyone and have no desire to meet anyone from this or any other message board.

As I said earlier, I loathe everyone equally. If that offends you since you have sympathies for a particular group, good.

It doesn't so much offend me as I'm sure it does the millions of people whose families have suffered losses under the flag of the Nazi army. The "I loathe everyone equally" line went out of style when the 1990s came to a close. Now people actually think about the repercussions things like these have on a society and realize that, yes, there can be multiple meanings to things and, yes, one meaning can overshadow another if it holds some sort of relevance over the preceding meaning. That's why the majority of people feel insecure with displaying images of the Swastika, and that's why people are moved to tears when insincere jackasses dress up as Hitler or a Nazi for Halloween. And for you to say that an entire society of people should "**** off" because you never personally endured that sadness goes beyond the level of neutrality you condescendingly try to pass off with the phrase "I loathe everyone equally."

I don't do it in person because I don't engage in conversation with people in person. I ignore everyone and have no desire to meet anyone from this or any other message board.

First, I didn't imply that you should meet with anyone in person from these boards. I'm sure no one has the desire to meet anyone here in person.

Second, I feel sorry for you if you can't have a live discussion with people in person. I'm sorry you will never have a face-to-face conversation with a Jew or anyone who suffered tragedy underneath the Swastika. And I'm sorry you will never engage in personal conversation with anyone who sees outside of the molecular box you've surrounded yourself in.

All of the conversation in real life is fluff anyway. "Didja see the game last night?", "Have you seen (insert movie here)?", "Didja see (insert tv show here) last night? What the hell was that all about?", and millions of other things to kill time because of whatever. It's not "a molecular box" I "surround myself in". It's simply removing pointless discussion from my day and getting pleasure from showing my disinterest in them or what they wanted to talk about.

Besides, I don't have to sit down and talk to someone who has suffered any tragedy because other people have already done it and wrote a book or made a documentary about it.

All of the conversation in real life is fluff anyway. "Didja see the game last night?", "Have you seen (insert movie here)?", "Didja see (insert tv show here) last night? What the hell was that all about?", and millions of other things to kill time because of whatever. It's not "a molecular box" I "surround myself in". It's simply removing pointless discussion from my day and getting pleasure from showing my disinterest in them or what they wanted to talk about.

Besides, I don't have to sit down and talk to someone who has suffered any tragedy because other people have already done it and wrote a book or made a documentary about it.

See, you do surround yourself in a molecular box because you are unwilling to admit that these topics even come up in come up in conversation. You're under the impression that the only conversations people engage in are "fluff," that no one has any in depth discussions and that they shouldn't have to because someone "wrote a book or made a documentary about it."

God forbid we look to the guidance of our fellow man to help us in a time of personal sorrow or questioning. That belief, again, proves that you lack a certain level of compassion most people actually have.

I take pride in that :yay:

Oh, I already knew that, considering you were quite proud with your claim that the Jews should **** off for being upset or offended at images of the Holocaust. Anyone who wasn't proud of their inability to connect with their fellow man wouldn't have acted in the same manner.

So yeah, what about that student with the flag project

Maybe she should have placed a handful of Jews in a room covered with images of the Swastika. Maybe a couple in their twenties, a few in their middle age, one or two Holocaust survivors as well, as well as some family members of Holocaust survivors. Then she could have shouted "**** OFF!" really loudly at them once they started crying or expressing their outrage.

Wow, I was thinking that with all that talk about how you enjoy disassociating with others, and gleefully derive pleasure from not having meaningful contacts with real people off of a message board about superheroes, you would be still in highschool.

Wow, I was thinking that with all that talk about how you enjoy disassociating with others, and gleefully derive pleasure from not having meaningful contacts with real people off of a message board about superheroes, you would be still in highschool.

zoing!

Well, when I was in high school, the conversations were just as pointless as they were in grade school. Same thing when I went to college, and same thing at work in real life. I'm paid well at my job, I have a comfortable apartment and enough left over after my bills for material goods.

I derive pleasure from plenty of things. Avoiding fluff is life one of them. Keep the fluff on the internet

Well, when I was in high school, the conversations were just as pointless as they were in grade school. Same thing when I went to college, and same thing at work in real life.

See, when I went to college, I found that my conversations went from being pointlessly absurd to engaging and important when I reached college. And once I got employed (and granted I'm still in college), they reached an even higher level. Maybe it's the profession?

I'm paid well at my job, I have a comfortable apartment and enough left over after my bills for material goods.

Good for you?? :huh:

I was listening to music rather than having conversations with people. The music was much more interesting and could be muted at any time.

I was listening to music rather than having conversations with people. The music was much more interesting and could be muted at any time.

Wow, you're, like, so philosophical there.

Music is better than people. People need to be muted. Music is so much nicer than listening to people...(!)....It's so incredibly transcendental to me.

Where did you get that philosophy from? Bill Hicks?

Wow, you're, like, so philosophical there.

Music is better than people. People need to be muted. Music is so much nicer than listening to people...(!)....It's so incredibly transcendental to me.

Where did you get that philosophy from? Bill Hicks?

Wow jmanspice can you be more condescending......if you dint like the way Addendum runs his life or they way he thinks, that's your problem. Stop the self-righteous routine. And on topic, i say good for the student...

Wow jmanspice can you be more condescending......if you dint like the way Addendum runs his life or they way he thinks, that's your problem. Stop the self-righteous routine. And on topic, i say good for the student...

Hey, he has the right to his opinion, however one-sided and careless as it may be. But I've got a problem when someone wants to tell millions of people to "**** off" because they find the Swastika offensive, and when that same person considers those millions of people "stupid" because they refuse to appreciate an outdated meaning of the symbol...

Actually, I tell everyone to **** off, no matter what religion or culture. And I find billions of people in the world to be stupid

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"