So.....Are we gonna Enter?

Roughneck

Avenger
Reaction score
Are we gonna go in as a group and enter the Toy Fair Scavenger Hunt?

I looked over the list and I can get a good bunch of these items. (the Greeting card in another language other then English or Spanish should be easy since I'm in Canada) I can naba luggage tag any time. and other stuff.

I figure if some of us poo out resources we could have a fighting chance at it.

But I won't go it alone.

So we need to see who's in and pick a captain. (I would but you guys shipping stuff to Canada then me shipping it all out would be silly)

The only real problem would be dividing up the swag should we win.

Anyway someon who has the most recent Toy Fair should post the stuff. I will if I get my Net fixed.

Then we could all post what we have (so we can remove them from the list) and post what we can get (so we can highlight them on the list) then crack some whips to get the rest.

I was seriously thinking about doing this myself, but there's alot of things on the list that are very much US orientated. Like I know for a fact I wont be able to pick up a home enima kit & a bottle of hot sauce from the same place! lol Also, a few of the other items on the list I've never seen over here in the UK. Even so, I might still gove it a shot. Might be fun. :)

Oh, & here's the list that you asked for Roughie. :up:

TFTreasureHuntList.jpg

what the hell is the prize for doing all that? also, how would you get a photo of you and the team together???

SpiderHulkThing said:
what the hell is the prize for doing all that? also, how would you get a photo of you and the team together???
1st prize is 10K's worth of stautes, bust & loads more. Basically, this lot...

TF-Treasure-hunt-Grand-Priz.jpg

There's also 2nd & 3rd prizes along with 100 runners up prizes. Not bad. :up:

Roughneck said:
Are we gonna go in as a group and enter the Toy Fair Scavenger Hunt?

I looked over the list and I can get a good bunch of these items. (the Greeting card in another language other then English or Spanish should be easy since I'm in Canada) I can naba luggage tag any time. and other stuff.

I figure if some of us poo out resources we could have a fighting chance at it.

But I won't go it alone.

So we need to see who's in and pick a captain. (I would but you guys shipping stuff to Canada then me shipping it all out would be silly)

The only real problem would be dividing up the swag should we win.

Anyway someon who has the most recent Toy Fair should post the stuff. I will if I get my Net fixed.

Then we could all post what we have (so we can remove them from the list) and post what we can get (so we can highlight them on the list) then crack some whips to get the rest.

I have nothing to offer, as usual.

i'd do it.. but... arn't we all going to fight over who gets what? cuz i know id want anything spidey hahaha

this sounds like alot of fun
im down

sure, i'm in.

I live on the coast of Maine and there are 3 lobster places within 5 minutes of my house, so leave the lobster bib to me. I might be willing to give up one of my AIM agent heroclix, I have to see how many I have first.

i can get a couple of those things.

I'm down for the group effort. Just need to see the list of stuff so i can see what I can get.

I can get the Business card...... :p My father's initials are CC :p and I have 3dglasses as well.... and Airline tags.... and pez....

I'm down.

Let's do this.....I already cut out an airline tag from a guests bag :( it made me happy.

OK, first we need a team captain. Also we need to designate who's gonna get what. We need to accumulate what we have and see who needs to get/do what.

Lets move!!

so um... again i ask.. how are you all going to get together to get a picture?

OK, after looking at this list here's the stuff I'm pretty positive I have, can get easily or make easily:

Mr Potato head piece
toy w/ suction cup
Burger King crown (and maybe an unused cup)
used lotto ticket w/ Lucky 7s theme
Chinese menu w/ the word dragon
homemade Valentine card to a hero
green army man minesweeper
AIM agent heroclix
Chuck Norris drawing
famous movie poster made from cardboard, macaroni and glitter

I may be able to get the black yoyo, 8 track tape andthe bootleg toy. I can do the A-Team rap, I just need A-Team theme song. Also, I could probably do most if not all the photos.

Well, if push comes to shove then one of us can just enter everything under one name.

It seems the easiest way to bypass the guidelines. Thing is whoever is going to do that will have to most of the homemade stuff (like the ATeam rap, the Chuck Norris drawing, the photos)

I am willing to be that man.

can someone type up a list? so that way we can all copy and paste what we know we can get? so we know whats left to hunt for?

I've Got Dibs On The Business Card!!!

TOYFARE TREASURE HUNT CHECK LIST

[] A Mr. Potato Head piece….any piece
[] Your school or yearbook photo (good/ clean photocopy or print is OK)
[] Any toy w/ a suction cup that’s part of it (not a dart)
[] Sew-on patch of a band that was active in the 80’s
[] A black yoyo
[] A balsa wood toy airplane kit
[] A Burger King crown (no movie tie-in, just plain crown)
[] Miniature golf scorecard (filled out)
[] Placemat with a picture or map of Italy on it
[] Fake dog poop
[] A used, non-winning scratch off lottery ticket with a “Lucky 7’s” theme
[] A tacky gift store souveneir w/ name your name on it (nothing fragile)
[] A restaurant placemat or napkin that features a mascot that’s the same type of animal as one you’d eat at that restaurant
[] A lobster bib w/ picture of lobster on it
[] Chinese menu w/ an item with the word “dragon” in it
[] A Pez dispenser (weirder the better)
[] A magazine clipping about a Baldwin brother other than Alec (no copies or printouts)
[] Scratch N’ Sniff stickers (the grosser the smells the better)
[] A handwritten recipe for the best cookies in the world
[] A tiny, pink, paper drink umbrella
[] An eraser in the shape of food
[] A luggage tag from any airline
[] 3D glasses
[] A toy that moves in a method other that rolling when you wind it up
[] A coupon for SPAM (clipped coupon, not one you printed or scanned)
[] A letter of recognition (30 words or less) from your mom, boss or teacher on why you should win the contest
[] A trading card of a fat wrestler
[] An animal sponge that will get bigger in water (in original, dry state)
[] A Weeble
[] A refrigerator magnet w/ a monkey on it
[] A matchbook w/ any bird on it
[] Bootleg toy that’s a knockoff of an actual toy
[] A spork that’s not black or white
[] A black Nintendo game sleeve that’s from an 8-bit NES game
[] A Superball that’s only yellow
[] Five different unused fast food paper cups, each from a different restaurant (cups must have logos)
[] A plastic vending machine bubble w/ green bottom lid & toy still inside
[] A homemade Valentine’s Day card made out to your favorite fictional character
[]A green Army man minesweeper
[] An A.I.M. agent HeroClix
[] A corn cob pipe
[] A 8-track tape
[] A puppet. Any kind. The more depressing the better
[] A magazine w/ David Hasselhoff on the cover
[] A postcard from your town or city. Write on the back of it the most frustrating “adventure” you had while completing your treasure hunt entry
[] A greeting card in a language other than English or Spanish
[] A cardboard drink coaster that advertises a product that’s not alcohol on atleast one side
[] A rhyming poem by you about how awesome you are (must be no atleast 3 verses
[] A drawing, by you, of Chuck Norris
[] Any bumper sticker instructing people to “honk” for a particular reason
[] An ad with a typo (must be a physical ad, no print-outs, no photo-copies)
[] A ticket stub from any movie featuring Kate Hudson, Julia Roberts or Meryl Streep
[] The crappiest DVD you can find w/ ninjas or robots on the front cover (both on cover equal double points)
[] Business card from someone whose first and last names start w/ the same letter
[] Bazooka Joe comic w/ the character Mort in it
[] A fortune cookie w/ atleast 2 of the “Lost” numbers (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42) among the lucky numbers
[] Recreate a famous movie poster using only construction paper, macaroni, glue and glitter (be careful mailing it!)
[] A shopping receipt w/ only the following items on it: rubber gloves, a home enema kit, Vaseline, hot sauce and Preparation H.
[] Tape or CD of you singing/rapping your own lyrics about the A-Team to the A-Team theme

Photos
All pictures must be original photos unless otherwise noted. If you’re entering as part of a team, only one team member of the team needs to be in a photo unless otherwise noted.

[] A photo of you w/ a local sports team of any type
[] A recent photo of you onstage w/ a microphone in your hand
[] A photo of you mostly buried in a ball pit
[] A photo of you next to a business sign whose letters have been rearranged to say something funny
[] A photo of you shaking hands w/ a bald guy with a mustache and no beard
[] A photo of you in your car taken from inside a drive-through window
[] A series of six photos of you doing a dance in a public place
[] A photo strip of you and a friend swapping t-shirts. No taping strips together. Must be done on one strip.
[] Current photo of you (or team photo with you in it w/ separate photo of captain)

I have a grand total of 2 things so far (monkey magnet & 80's band patch). Yeah, go me! lol

But I'll be going shopping later & picking up a few more I hope.

[] Your school or yearbook photo (good/ clean photocopy or print is OK)
[] Any toy w/ a suction cup that’s part of it (not a dart)
[] Miniature golf scorecard (filled out)
[] 3D glasses
[] A puppet. Any kind. The more depressing the better
I know i can get these

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back