So I finally got a Gamecube...good decision?

enterthemadness

The Triumvirate
Reaction score
Bought one today at Walmart with a memory card. I'm asking if it was a good decision because I could hardly find any games for it. Are stores not selling gamecube games anymore? I'd like to buy a few more before the Wii and PS3 come out.

Right now I have Die Hard Vendetta and Godzilla Destroy All Monsters.

Buy them used off Ebay or stores like Electronics Boutique.

it's a cute system...I'm an Xbox girl, if I had to go that way (World of Warcraft, baby1)

I hollowed mine out and made it into a gerbil cage :up:.

Metroid, metroid Prime, Zelda: Windwaker and the disc with the complete versions of 4 others from other systems, Super Smash Melee

As much as I hate to admit it (I'm a huge Nintendo fan) most stores only stock a limited amount of Gamecube titles cuz the console is all but dead and forgotten.

This is a shame because some of the best games can be found on this console; Metroid Prime, Zelda Wind Waker, Star Fox Adventures, Smash Brother's Melee and my fave game of all time "Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem"

That is why I played it safe and boought a GameCube, Xbox and PS2. I covered all my bases

Holy Crud! I could I forget to mention Resident Evil 4?

i loved the pikmin games, shouldnt this be in games?

I played Pikmin. I did not like pikmin. I prefer to have a gun or sword and hack / shoot people into little bloody pieces

Get Resident Evil 4 and it will have been completely worth the price. Easily the best game on the system, not to mention the best game of last generation, period.

Get Super Smash Bros. Melee too.

enterthemadness said:
Bought one today at Walmart with a memory card. I'm asking if it was a good decision because I could hardly find any games for it. Are stores not selling gamecube games anymore? I'd like to buy a few more before the Wii and PS3 come out.

def jam fight for new york > vendetta.

get resident evil 4 (it's better looking than the ps2 version) and metal gear solid, the twin snakes. that's reason enough to own a cube.

You know I never liked the Res Evil games. I thought the movies were great but the games just bored the hell out of me. The controls are terrible, the camera angles atrocious and if I have to look at that stupid door opening image thingy one more time I'm going to throw my copy of Res Evil at the guy who created it.

wolfsfang said:
You know I never liked the Res Evil games. I thought the movies were great but the games just bored the hell out of me. The controls are terrible, the camera angles atrocious and if I have to look at that stupid door opening image thingy one more time I'm going to throw my copy of Res Evil at the guy who created it.
You obviously haven't played RE4 because it erased all of the problems that you mentioned.

enterthemadness said:

LOL.....TALK ABOUT "LATE TO THE PARTY". BUYING A 'GC' NOW, IS LIKE SHOWING UP IN TIME TO HELP CLEAN UP, AND THERE'S NO CHIPS...JUST CRUMBS, THE DIP IS FILMED OVER ON TOP......WITH HAIRS IN IT.......AND THERE'S NO ICE LEFT, FOR THE FLAT SOFT DRINKS. :down:O

ToddIsDead said:
You obviously haven't played RE4 because it erased all of the problems that you mentioned.

But therein lies the problem. Because the other RE games were so crap in my opinion I just don't feel motivated to try RE4.

Ok according to the reviews the game is one of the best ever, but they said that about the others and they all bored me to tears. I hate the RE games as much as I hate Superman, and people who know me know that that is a lot of hate.

Shouldve just waited for the Wii. Say it people Wii!

wolfsfang said:
But therein lies the problem. Because the other RE games were so crap in my opinion I just don't feel motivated to try RE4.

Ok according to the reviews the game is one of the best ever, but they said that about the others and they all bored me to tears. I hate the RE games as much as I hate Superman, and people who know me know that that is a lot of hate.

shut up and get the damn game :mad:

he can still buy the games for the wii

The Last Meatbag said:
shut up and get the damn game :mad:

Now now. That kind of talk is not really going to inspire me to buy RE4 is it? I'll think about buying it and that is all I can do at the moment as I have a list of games that I want more than that one.

Still if I do get it they better have improved it since the others (yes I know you all say they have but I would rather wait and see for myself if that is ok)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"