So the CIA was accepting applications at my college....

Carter

Avenger
Reaction score
Theres a job fair at my college every year. I go to the best criminal justice college in the states.
At the job fair the CIA, FBI, ATF, etc have tables and accept applications.

I don't have a very impressive resume. Mainly because I'm not even 20.
I have a couple more years to prepare for the next job fair and I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions about what I should do to build up a resume.

I plan on taking arabic classes next semester.

Suggestions? Comments? Flaming?

Take arabic classes...its a good move, they need it...so you're on the right track. I looked into it, its EXTREMELY competitive

Anybody around here speak Arabic fluently?
I'm under the impression it's incredibly difficult to learn

The CIA has a presence in more places than the middle east. Learn a couple of european languages maybe and try for those areas?

Carter said:
Theres a job fair at my college every year. I go to the best criminal justice college in the states.

I have a couple more years to prepare for the next job fair and I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions about what I should do to build up a resume.

The best advice I can give is to talk to the recruiters and email the CIA headquarters expressing your interest to them and ask what they are looking for. Also, begin to think about which department you'd like to involve yourself in so you can target your courses explicitly for that department.

Since you know where you want to work and if you know which department you'd like to specialize in, you could also borrow books from the library or even buy textbooks to read for difficult courses in upcoming semesters so you can familiarize yourself with the subject material beforehand.

Stay out of my house, because I haven't done anything.

Carter said:
Anybody around here speak Arabic fluently?
I'm under the impression it's incredibly difficult to learn

Any language that isn't Germanic or Latin is difficult for English speakers to learn, especially if you haven't immersed yourself in that language since being a kid.

Write a really good synopsis of the last ten years of political history. Two versions, one that is obvious and one that is veiled.
If you want some field work, martial arts, martial arts, martial arts, poli sci, 3 languages other than English at least, one allied, 2 in the "not sure" or nearly at war, or at war with categories. As well as a stong grasp of cryptology, computers, networks, and a very strong understanding of other cultures. It's not all fighting a war, in most cases its preventing one.
I've had freinds in the business from various orgs.
In house work has different qualifications, the major one, understanding new, foriegn, or deliberately confusing ideas, and being able to adapt your thinking to match any changes in a situation. Think fast, efficient, and most importantly clearly.

I'm definately taking notes here, thanks.
Sounds like I have a lot to do.

Luckily I am proficient in Cisco networking

Carter wnats to be a cop so he can arrest the guys who made fun of his bowtie at senior prom:(

If I get rejected by the feds (which is incredibly likely) I'll just be a cop and abuse my power

Carter said:

One word: Intern

The NSA and CIA get very few apps for their intern programs mostly because not many people know about them. (I was told this first hand by and NSA officer).

Intern for the CIA and it will do three things...1) get your foot in the door, ANY company from Microsoft to the US gov. will be more likely to hire someone who has worked for them (albeit unpiad) before. 2) Beef up your resume 3) make for a very cool story. I did a limited internship with them and it was sweet...especially to say you "worked for the CIA" ;)

That is the best advice I can give.

Superman79 said:
One word: Intern

The NSA and CIA get very few apps for their intern programs mostly because not many people know about them. (I was told this first hand by and NSA officer).

Intern for the CIA and it will do three things...1) get your foot in the door, ANY company from Microsoft to the US gov. will be more likely to hire someone who has worked for them (albeit unpiad) before. 2) Beef up your resume 3) make for a very cool story. I did a limited internship with them and it was sweet...especially to say you "worked for the CIA" ;)

That is the best advice I can give.

If you become the best intern any senator, representative or president could ever have, you're in.

Like Flynn.

I looked into finding out how i could get whatever job Solid Snake has. But i found out it didn't exist. I then cried.

Carter said:
If I get rejected by the feds (which is incredibly likely) I'll just be a cop and abuse my power
Things like that have a way of catching up to you. I'd be careful if I was you.

50270a1a.jpg

Carter said:

Why did you not ask this at the job fair? You could have gotten a better answer there than anyone could give you here.

Stewie Griffin said:
Why did you not ask this at the job fair? You could have gotten a better answer there than anyone could give you here.

I've given that advice already.

Hey, how are you?

You guys think a Dane can apply for the CIA:D

I sent in an aplication to the CIA as well. They were looking for Systems Administrators. Anyway, I won't work for them. Once you're in you're are "IN". At any time they can move you to any part of the worlf and quite frankly the pay was crap, but I'm sure the benefits and perks would have been amazing. I just can't see myself with a laptop under one arm and a AK-47 in my other.

I think... that I would join the Marine Corps work for them a couple of years and then apply to the CIA.

Carter said:

Listen,listen closely.This is something Metal Gear Solid cant help you with,your government is duping you into the military.Since their resources are low,what other reason would they be there?Have you ever thought about that?Dont go.I repeat,dont go.Trying to avoid them will be the greatest mission of your life,if you succede,you will be awarded the title of "Big Boss".:marv:

Hudson said:
I think... that I would join the Marine Corps work for them a couple of years and then apply to the CIA.
Yeah I agree with this. Most field work in the CIA is done by ex-marine's (green berret's, army rangers, etc.). People here mention martial arts. Your CIA recruiter won't give a f--- if you're third don at your hole in the wall kung fu studio down the block, we use GUNS now.

Yes fighting ability is a part of it, but they'd much rather see a few years in the service learning how to fight. This is not James Bond or a Steven Seagal movie. Military combat training is much different than martial arts, it's incredibly basic (i.e practical, as opposed to something more flashy). In fact most CIA get the bulk of their martial arts instruction after joining (obviously they have some service training generally).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"