The Dark Knight So there is going to be trial?

Cinemaman

Avenger
Reaction score
"The next one would have Batman enlisting the aid of Gordon and Dent in bringing down The Joker...but not killing him. In the third [movie], The Joker would go on trial, scarring Dent in the process." - David S. Goyer, BATMAN BEGINS screenwriter, 2005

http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmov...inssequel.html

So Joker will be on trial and scarring 2Face.

What your thoughts are about this?

I dig the idea of connecting the strongest characters and leaving out ones whose history cannot be explored in 2 2-hour movies. All we need are the heavy-hitters, the who's who of Batman's mythos.

Brian2887 said:
I dig the idea of connecting the strongest characters and leaving out ones whose history cannot be explored in 2 2-hour movies. All we need are the heavy-hitters, the who's who of Batman's mythos.
Tru that....

Double Tru

Well, the Joker was already Joe Chill, so now he'll be Boss Moroni. The same as Ra's was Ducard. I'm sure it'll work better than it sounds.

well...I assumed Dent would be scarred at the end of the 2nd....but in the 3rd is all the same to me.....

this just means that Batman and Dent will get to know eachother better as they partner for the movie after Rachel dies...

El Payaso said:
Well, the Joker was already Joe Chill, so now he'll be Boss Moroni. The same as Ra's was Ducard. I'm sure it'll work better than it sounds.

I know what u are trying to say, but your not lying.

Who really knows how much of that will change by the films release. It might end up that way, and it might not (I hope not). I'd prefer Maroni being the one to scar Dent, and I think it'd work better at the end of the second one. It'd be kind of a surprise to the general public who isn't expecting this guy to become Two-Face.

I say we all discussed it a year ago, when Goyer originally made the comment.

The trial scene should really be apart of the sequel. Originally, if they were to keep it true to The Long Halloween, then Maroni should be the one who does it of course. Especially if Maroni does end up being a character used in the sequel, with all the rumors circling that he will. But I can't help feeling a bit curious as to how Goyer or Nolan would interpret it, if Joker was the one who throw the acid instead. Leaving Dent with a personal vendetta against him, and how it would play out in the third.

I'd prefer Maroni as well, but I honestly wouldn't mind Joker as long as it was done right.

Batman said:
The trial scene should really be apart of the sequel. Originally, if they were to keep it true to The Long Halloween, then Maroni should be the one who does it of course. Especially if Maroni does end up being a character used in the sequel, with all the rumors circling that he will. But I can't help feeling a bit curious as to how Goyer or Nolan would interpret it, if Joker was the one who throw the acid instead. Leaving Dent with a personal vendetta against him, and how it would play out in the third.

I'd prefer Maroni as well, but I honestly wouldn't mind Joker as long as it was done right.

Yeah I mean what should we worry about? It's Nolan and Goyer for cryin' out loud. :o And if it's in fact Bob Hoskins as old Salvatore, that be even MORE kick ass.

........Honestly, why does this film have to come out in 2008? :(

Capt Throbberson said:
I just hope to god Batman isn't sitting in the courtroom.

I agree with that, I think it'd be a bit more "dramatic" and the "effect" between Joker and Harvey (if it's them two) would really be shown to the people watching the film. :up: :up:

Darkness89 said:
I agree with that, I think it'd be a bit more "dramatic" and the "effect" between Joker and Harvey (if it's them two) would really be shown to the people watching the film. :up: :up:

He'll be there, but in disguse.

Darkness89 said:
Yeah I mean what should we worry about? It's Nolan and Goyer for cryin' out loud.

It's the Goyer bit. Don't want some awful one-liner when it's uncalled.

El Payaso said:
It's the Goyer bit. Don't want some awful one-liner when it's uncalled.

Not that one-liners were a problem in the first place, but regardless, Goyer will not be writing the dialog for this film. Goyer will supervise the script treatment and be an advisor, but it's Jonathan Nolan who will be penning the actual script.

I like it, gives Batman even more reason to detest Joker.

I think that the second movie should open with a trial scene of one of the villains from BATMAN BEGINS (Falcone probably), with Harvey Dent as the D.A. Then, have after the trial a media buzz outside the courtroom as he walks out, calling him, "Mr. District Atourney", "Mr. Dent", "Apollo"..etc. Then have the camera pull back through a telivision tube, and we see Bruce Wayne watching the broadcast.

-R

I am all for the idea. I am willing to let go a Joker/ Two-Face callaboration. Not that they really liked each other to begin with.

Robin91939 said:
I think that the second movie should open with a trial scene of one of the villains from BATMAN BEGINS (Falcone probably), with Harvey Dent as the D.A. Then, have after the trial a media buzz outside the courtroom as he walks out, calling him, "Mr. District Atourney", "Mr. Dent", "Apollo"..etc. Then have the camera pull back through a telivision tube, and we see Bruce Wayne watching the broadcast.

-R

:up:

I think the trial should be at the end of sequel with 2Face's appearance.

And in 3rd movie 2Face will be trying to kill Joker, but Gordon and Batman will use Joker as a victim to get 2Face.

Batman also will be need some information about 2Face from Joker.

When 2Face know that Batman protects Joker, he will try to kill him.

At the end Joker will escape Arkham and try to connect with 2Face. Then he will make him against Batman and become 2Face's partner.

The whole film, 2Face will be making his plan how to destroy Gotham. At the final fight, Batman will arrest 2Face and then fight with Joker, who made the whole main stuff to just make a fun on Batman.

And by accident Joker will be finally killed.

This is how I can see it.

Cinemaman said:
And by accident Joker will be finally killed.

Joker will never die. He cannot die. As long as Batman still breathes, The Joker will continue persist.

Rynan said:
Joker will never die. He cannot die. As long as Batman still breathes, The Joker will continue persist.

Yeah Yeah :rolleyes:

BB3 will be the last part in this trilogy, so Joker should just die with some hint that he will come back soe day.

They've already done better then Batman 89 and Batman and Robin.
I trust Nolen.:up:

Cinemaman said:
Yeah Yeah :rolleyes:

BB3 will be the last part in this trilogy, so Joker should just die with some hint that he will come back soe day.

No. I believe it will be Harvey who will have an unresolved death.

Like Dark Victory.

Kritish said:
They've already done better then Batman 89 and Batman and Robin.
I trust Nolen.:up:
Don't trust people if you can't spell their name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"