Comics So what the heck happend to Pete and MJ's baby?

JesusOfNazarath

Civilian
Reaction score
I heard its with Kaine...or sombody else. Yet Joe Q keeps saying either they never had one or something about it just being gone. Me and this guy were talking about it and he said its still alive. Do Pete and MJ think its dead? Do they even know what happend to it? Did they have a funeral for it? Why isn't MJ and Pete grieving over the loss? Pete grieves over the loss of Gwen more then the kid. Pete has dedicated things to the memory of Gwen but not there lost kid? WTF :confused: Shouldn't they still be in a state of grief since Marvel U time is slower then ours. Also its like Ben was never alive too.:( Weren't they like brothers?

It's best not to try and think about Marvel's stance on the Clone Saga and how they just forgot it ever happened aside from a throw away joke about Peter hating clones every now and again.

It is weird. From what I've heard about the Clone Saga ranges from the idea of it being good but it just went on for way to long to Marvel simply wanting to ignore those years as best as possible.

I don't get the ignoring part. Joe hates the idea of the clone saga and Pete being married, but then okays Spidey pulling a Baraka and then biting someones head off.

Not to mention no mention of a kid when they held whats-her-name's baby in NA Annual. Basically, she just fell into limbo and that was that. A danglin' plot line that only older Spiderfans will ever remember.

Awe man I forgot about the part in NA. When I read that I was like wtf...whatever.:rolleyes: The book was good, but they totally missed a good moment with that. It was like she didn't even remember being pregnant let alone having a baby MIA.LOL

Maybe Joe should do some research on it....I mean all he would have to do is go to Spidey's profile on there own website to find that she was pregnant out.http://www.marvel.com/universe/Spider-Man_(Peter_Parker)

LOL why is that so hard. :mad: All the kids who go there now are going to find out.

Or it simply wasn't a missed chance. Perhaps they simply just ignored it. I think that might be the case. Bendis is doing a clone saga for Ultimate Spider-man and has said he was researching the older version. Seeing as he wrote the New Avengers Annual, I don't think he would have forgotten the baby. It could be possible that writers are told not to even touch it or even acknowledge it.

Speaking of which has the clone saga or the issues where the baby was stolen/died/etc been collected into a TPB or if there are plans for that?

Wouldn't be surprised if there weren't.

Yep, they pretty much forgot about her and hoped that you did too. :(

JesusOfNazarath said:
I don't get the ignoring part. Joe hates the idea of the clone saga and Pete being married, but then okays Spidey pulling a Baraka and then biting someones head off.

LOL!!!!! Good one. MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!:)

Joe Q is an idiot.

Anyway, In the issue when MJ tells Peter that she's pregnant, Peter was jumping and hopping all over the place for joy. You could tell he really wanted to be a parent. I would love to see that happen for Peter and MJ. Unfortunately it won't ever happen.

So yea, your better off just forgetting about the whole thing...the same way Marvel did. :(

Nope, no collections. You want them, you better just buy th' backissues now. Subscribe to Mycomicshop.com's mailing list an' wait fer their extra Spidey discount rotation.

"May Parker (daughter, deceased)" - Taken from the Marvel Universe website. Definately seems like they are just sweeping it under the rug.

The last time Peter's daughter was relevant was somewhere around 1996. She DIED. What do you want? A memorial issue every Halloween?

No, but its stupid that he's still grieving over the loss of Gwen when that was even further back in the past. Plus you'd think if MJ would be alittle depressed.

Sweeney Todd said:
The last time Peter's daughter was relevant was somewhere around 1996. She DIED. What do you want? A memorial issue every Halloween?

I would like for them to mention her AT LEAST ONE TIME!

That's what we would want.

As much as Baby May could've served a very useful purpose, and it's sad how Marvel just kind of tossed her aside like a bad subscription, I don't think I want them touching her now. :o After everything that's been going on? I want her to stay happily in a crib in limbo with Kaine and far, far away from the current staff.

It does tick me off that people write all these Gwen mourning and Uncle Ben mourning scenes and all these ****ing bridge scenes, but you think Peter would be a LITTLE more anguished about the death of his newborn, baby daughter.

Just shows you how lazy and stupid Spider-man writers and editors are.

TheVileOne said:
It does tick me off that people write all these Gwen mourning and Uncle Ben mourning scenes and all these ****ing bridge scenes, but you think Peter would be a LITTLE more anguished about the death of his newborn, baby daughter.

Just shows you how lazy and stupid Spider-man writers and editors are.

Woah, someone likes Joe on these boards other than me? :eek: :up:

And yeah I agree that the current staff shouldn't be touching May or Kaine, however one day it would make sense to bring the character back into current continuity, seeing how theirs about 100 + issues dedicated to the character in an alternate uni :confused:

To my memory, Norman Osborn had doctors orchestrate a still birth for the Parkers child. I do not know if that has since been retconned. You know Marvel...if Spider-Man hasn't been the wrong person for over two decades worth of books, then you have an Aunt May that never died, because Norman hired an actor with plastic surgery, to fake her death. When in doubt of Spidey's continuity, you have a 70% chance of being correct, if you merely blame things on Norman Osborn, and then move on.

Arach Knight, I love that sig. One of my favorite bits of dialogue from USM.

As for the baby issue, that was screwed up so bad they cant bring her back without having Norman involved, and most people hate using Norman to fix everything. Plus you know the staff at marvel could never stomach writing Spidey slinging through the city for pampers or strapping the kid to his back at 4am cause she cant sleep. (though i think some stories like that could have been fun now and then)

She's alive and well... In Spider-Girl. And that's about it. Bastards.

It's not true dat she did'nt get mentioned after she supposedly 'died'. Anyone remember gathering of the five or something like that? After Norman thought he become some sort of super-goblin, he fought spiderman and after that spiderman tracked him back to his mansion, norman told him that was the place where he held May. Now peter thought he would find his daughter there, but to everyones surprise he finds his dead aunt may instead of his daugther.....

yeah they brought back the wrong may:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"