Comics How would you guys have got rid of MJ if JOe Q forced you to do it?

are her parents still alive? I'd have her leave for Europe where she goes to reconcile with her mom/dad or some crap.

No, apparently when women in Spidey's life leave for europe, they only do so to pop out bastards and then abandon them... God, I HATE JMS.:cmad:

As a fan of wrestling as well, I realize jobbers like Stilt Man are important.

Doug Ramsey was awesome, though.

That isn't lame. I am still in love with Gwen. :oldrazz:

I have no problem with fans liking Gwen. My problem is with writers constantly bringing her up some 35 years after her death and insinuating that Peter will never be as happy as he would have been with Gwen. That's the lame part. Why bother introducing other love interest if you're only going to compare them to Gwen? If Marvel is trying to make the character appeal to new readers, it might be a good idea to stop referencing a character who died before many of their parents were born. I'll say it again: It's time to move forward.

People remember Gwen for two reasons.

1) She was Peter's main girlfriend during the character's classic era.
2) She died.

Reason #2 is what really made Gwen into a memorable character. If Conway had simply written Gwen out of the book instead of killing her, Gwen would probably be forgotten by now.

I wonder what would she say about Peter is Spider-Man. She knows Spider-Man was there when Gwen died.

This could've been addressed after the unmasking. It still can be addressed in the future if Peter became involved with Jill down the road.

I have no problem with fans liking Gwen. My problem is with writers constantly bringing her up some 35 years after her death and insinuating that Peter will never be as happy as he would have been with Gwen. That's the lame part.
Don't forget Gwen died about ten years ago in Peter's life.

If Conway had simply written Gwen out of the book instead of killing her, Gwen would probably be forgotten by now.
I think you wrong with it. Gwen's death was a memorable and great story but just because Gwen was a great girlfriend of Peter. Stan Lee's characterisation of her was amazing. If she live today, I'd want her back to Peter every day.

How about Kristy, MJ's cousing she gets lost in Mexico during Spring Break, and MJ (Who Magically learned Spanish) goes down south to look for her cousin... Then they become lovers or some wird Quesada Plot twist...

How about Kristy, MJ's cousing she gets lost in Mexico during Spring Break, and MJ (Who Magically learned Spanish) goes down south to look for her cousin
that would get mj out of the picture alright

that would get mj out of the picture alright
Yeah, just moving MJ down south, takes her out of Peter's life,but it lacks that Joe Q flavor and pizzazz, making MJ an incestuous, lesbian, with possible pedophilliac inclinations would give MJ that Joe Q "oomph!" This isn't our parent's Spider-man anymore... *wink wink* *Gun fingers*
Besides I already used the going down south phrase... it lent itself to be used in that other way...
I think I shouldn't have posted that Idea... now Joe Q might use it...

If he forced me to do anything, he would lose a writer. But that's beside the point. If I had to make her "go away," I'd have it be through a death we definitely see. Have one of Spidey's villains kill her in cold blood and really draw out the hopelessness in saving her. None of this diminishment of character bull they're pulling now. It'd preferably someone upper-tier in the rogue gallery who does it, to add guilt to Peter that he didn't take matters in his own hands before. Then, when it looks like Spidey's going for eye-for-an-eye...show the audience why he's Spider-Man and not an anti-hero.

If you're going to do something, do it with the utmost respect of the character that you're taking out of the game. The people behind Superman's death are a great example; they were killing off Superman, but they made sure to tap every emotional well possible to make it a fitting finish for the character. Superman was eventually resurrected, but the World Without and Return arcs are still memorable to this day because of their lean towards quality over shock tactics.

I have no problem with fans liking Gwen. My problem is with writers constantly bringing her up some 35 years after her death and insinuating that Peter will never be as happy as he would have been with Gwen. That's the lame part. Why bother introducing other love interest if you're only going to compare them to Gwen?
Because that is how LIFE works... We ALL compare past experiances to relate to/judge new experiances.
People remember Gwen for two reasons.

1) She was Peter's main girlfriend during the character's classic era.
2) She died.

Reason #2 is what really made Gwen into a memorable character. If Conway had simply written Gwen out of the book instead of killing her, Gwen would probably be forgotten by now.
Arguable. For me, she was a memorable character for her strength and because she was such a good match for Pete inellectually and morally. If she'd just been written out, I could have NEVER accepted his relationship with an empty-headed bimbo like MJ. It was Gwen that was really Pete and MJ's only commonality other than a mutual attraction... and really, they STILL have nothing at all in common now except what used to be Pete's secret.

Seriously I'd get Aunt May shot by a sniper, then have Peter ask for all the science/magic based characters to save her, then Mephisto comes to him and MJ (Separately) and offers them a chance to save May but Deleting the marriage from history... oh wait... That's what Marvel's doing... nah! Really?
How about Peter wakes up one day he goes to the shower and when he pulls off the curtain we reveal that Gwen is alive and that all of Spidey ever since the Death of Gwen Stacy never happened... It was all a dream... sure I'm ripping off Dallas, but at least Gwen's alive and there are no Goblin babies, or stingers or unmasking... Hell! Gwen doesn't even know that Peter is Spidey...

Just a moment!

WTF am I getting out of this?

I mean, I am PURE EVIL... so I liked the unmasking, Goblin babies, stingers and ****e Gwen.

haha...Mephisto!...

If Reed Richards ever needs to save a life of one of his elderly reletives...since he is married...he can do that too...since you're mainly out to ruin marriages these days...what a villian you are.

No conquering worlds or empires for you. Marriage devestation is an amazing power and I am sure Thanos and Dr. Doom only dream of that kinda power.

:woot:

Thanos & Doom are my Beeeyatches!

They only WISH they could make loved ones forget one-another like I can! Who needs World or Galactic Domination when I can create Marital Discord!! BWAHAHAHAHAH...er... No, seriously, WTF is in this stupid deal for ME??

I'd have some random mugger shoot and kill MJ while Peter was away fighting some Super baddie on the other side of town

Because that is how LIFE works... We ALL compare past experiances to relate to/judge new experiances.
Arguable. For me, she was a memorable character for her strength and because she was such a good match for Pete inellectually and morally. If she'd just been written out, I could have NEVER accepted his relationship with an empty-headed bimbo like MJ. It was Gwen that was really Pete and MJ's only commonality other than a mutual attraction... and really, they STILL have nothing at all in common now except what used to be Pete's secret.
DoomX wants Gwen to still be alive. He only majored in psych to deal with the trauma of her passing.:csad:

I want Peter to have sci-fi based powers, to have his secret identity... secret, to not be the magical chosen one by the spider-gods, have him married to MJ... Also I want Quesada to accept that he doesn't know jack about Spidey and revert all the messes he's made.

I majored in theatre so I could pretend none of this ever happened...

Mephisto: Thanos & Doom are my Beeeyatches!

They only WISH they could make loved ones forget one-another like I can! Who needs World or Galactic Domination when I can create Marital Discord!! BWAHAHAHAHAH...er... No, seriously, WTF is in this stupid deal for ME??

haha...this storyline DOES sound overly SILLY when you think about....Mephisto: A big time villian is out to cause Maritial Discord with Spider-Man and MJ of all people....???!?!?

WHY???

LOL

On the scale of major super villians and the evil deeds they've done in this past year....that's kinda a weenie-like thing for someone so bad and powerful to be showing up to do in the marvel universe...isn't it???

IS that the best he can do?

I want Peter to have sci-fi based powers, to have his secret identity... secret, to not be the magical chosen one by the spider-gods, have him married to MJ... Also I want Quesada to accept that he doesn't know jack about Spidey and revert all the messes he's made.
agreed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"