• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Media Reactions + Reviews

I wasn't expecting much from the character, was hoping they would dive deep into the back story but was not expecting it. Hela was quiet good but they didn't really go far in a backstory and created their own. I don't think Bale would want something intense now in comics after doing Batman, maybe just a quick fun pay day.
i wasn't expecting a deep deep dive, but it's christian freaking bale, you gotta utilize talent like that lol

the gorr arc in thor is some of the best too. really hope they get everything sorted for phase 5

Like I've said before, when the short runtime was revealed I KNEW which character's screentime would suffer from it the most.

None of these reviews are saying anything that surprised me.

So far it seems there is a good story there, but it is overwhelmed and sidelined by the jokes that can come over the top. The actions and cinematography also seem good. If one likes the jokes this is going be a film easy to like and if one doesn’t, the jokes will become the dominating issue, ripping also the plot and everything else apart. I’m curious.

So far it seems there is a good story there, but it is overwhelmed and sidelined by the jokes that can come over the top. The actions and cinematography also seem good. If one likes the jokes this is going be a film easy to like and if one doesn’t, the jokes will become the dominating issue, ripping also the plot and everything else apart. I’m curious.

Truth

Which makes the reviews saying the film needed another 5-15 minutes to flesh things out for certain characters/storylines seem pretty accurate. Beginning to think part of what made Ragnarok work was Taika didn't write the full script, which limited him from putting too much of his tendencies in it.

Last edited:
Looks like the RT score has stabilized and it's not gonna fall off a lot from where it sits right now. That's good at least.

Looks like the RT score has stabilized and it's not gonna fall off a lot from where it sits right now. That's good at least.
I wouldn't say that quite yet. Doctor Strange 2 was at 80% after 160 reviews and ended up at 74 after 432 reviews.

I wouldn't say that quite yet. Doctor Strange 2 was at 80% after 160 reviews and ended up at 74 after 432 reviews.

Yesterday I was thinking it might end up in the 50s and that's not happening anymore so I call that a win haha.

Yesterday I was thinking it might end up in the 50s and that's not happening anymore so I call that a win haha.
I'm glad that's not happening but it certainly seems it's got a chance to hit TDW's score, something many didn't think possible with Waititi at the helm again after Ragnarok. It's tied right now for biggest RT drop between films with Iron Man 2, which dropped 22% from Iron Man.

Which makes the reviews saying the film needed another 5-15 minutes to flesh things out for certain characters/storylines seem pretty accurate. Beginning to think part of what made Ragnarok work was Taika didn't write the full script, which limited him from putting too much of his tendencies in it.

.....yeahhhhh they might need to go back to doing that for the 5th film.

Yeah doesn't sound like it was serious. He even says it probably never would've ended up in the final film even if they shot it. Just sounds like they were playing and having fun as part of the creative process.

ok

Or maybe they cut too much which undercut parts of the film and certain character arcs.

I wonder if it could match The Dark World's RT rating.

I totally didn't eXpect it to score lower than In the Multiverse of Madness.

Or maybe they cut too much which undercut parts of the film and certain character arcs.
I'm almost certain that in the stuff they cut, we'd easily find scenes that connected/filled in many of the gaps the critics are talking about with specific scenes.

This is a weird point for that Twitter user to bring up. Those are brief blurbs in multi paragraph reviews. If you read the actual reviews I'm sure they line up with the score.

Briefly looking through that user's Twitter feed says why he thought he was being smart by sending that tweet.

And it seems for the overwhelming majority, they did like the jokes.

reading reviews and watching my go to youtube review people, i came with the conclusion basically they wished they got more Gorr and less silly comedy :(

Still hyped to see it but dam

I liked a lot of the jokes, especially Korg's.

I think my main issue though was, sometimes I think in pushing the humor, it was being a bit too flippant about various things. Like some story progression and moments came at the cost of the humor.

Almost nobody expected this film to score 71% on RT. Thought it would be between 90% and 100%.

You can't hit a homerun every time you're at bat.

This sounds like this may be another one of those cases in which audiences may say , " Its fine" , "Solid" , or " It's good enough".

My guess is that audiences will like the film overall at the very least.

And it seems for the overwhelming majority, they did like the jokes.
LOL like seriously what were people expecting. Ragnarok had the perfect balance of action and comedy. A majority of the general audience took to it with critical praise. Taika was only going to use the same blueprint for Love and Thunder. This will be a people pleaser regardless and will make serious bank. I don't really get why people think Marvel/Disney will change there formula. Theres no need for phase 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"