"DC Comics storms the film world"

Fandom is highly opinionated and opinions vary, so there'll be some critical responses no matter what they do.

Best choice for writers for Flash:

David Keopp as screenwriter, Mark Waid as consultant

i know flash has writers and all that, i was asking you black who would you have wanted on flash.

I don't think he's particular 'strong' but more in the lines of competent. I guess his scripts are only strong as the director that make them, i suppose.

I did like Jurassic Park, Carlito's Way and his work on Stir of Echos though. I think maybe it's the question of how David handles the project: Either he cares (Ghost World, etc) or he becomes a writer-for-hire (Indy 4) and comes in to fix previous drafts of a script.

Last edited:
Fandom is highly opinionated and opinions vary, so there'll be some critical responses no matter what they do.

Yeah and Nolan's brother directing Superman opens it up even more because writer turned director worked out so well for Goyer on Blade Trinity! I can't wait to see fans explode when the follow up to TDK falls WAY below expectations. Nolan will go from an ace to a hack overnight just like Sam Raimi did in too many eyes.

well we have no clue what type of director jonah would be if he directs superman.

I hope WB can get their act together because I love the Superhero genre. Batman has been cool but I need Superman done right! GL is looking fantastic, and dead on! Oh' SuperMax sounds like a winner w/GA.

The animated movies have been home runs, so somebody understands.

yea i too hope we will see a brighter future with live action dc films in the next few yrs.

The Flash set for 2012, with Batman 3?

Quote:
While nothing is officially on the calendar yet, I’ve heard in 2012 we’re getting not only a new Batman movie…but The Flash! I’ve heard the studio is currently talking to directors and they’ll announce who it is when they’ve found the right choice. Again, The Flash isn’t confirmed, but I’m telling you, it’s the next new superhero movie at Warner Bros. and we’re going to hear about it soon.

http://www.collider.com/2010/03/18/w...pole-releases/

FirstShowing
WB's Alan Horn also said that as Harry Potter ends, they'll be focusing on DC Comics properties more. Ooohh things getting interesting.

Makes sense. It's about time that DC as a whole (not just Batman) starts getting a little respect.

I thought Flash already had its millionth director?

There will be a CB blood bath if all these movies land on schedule... here is what I will lay down assuming the current plans hold:

Wolverine 2 Holiday 2011 or 2012
Flash April-June 2012 or Fall 2012
Avengers May 2012
SM4 June-July 2012
BB3 July 2012

Public is going to start yawning pretty soon with the mention of more CB movies. Even I'd get a little tired of it. WB would be wise to wait on Flash, well after they are comfortable with the results they get from GL. It won't survive in that climate. I think that's just common sense.

he was never confirmed. he was just approached for the gig (supposedly).

I've got a feeling he's not gonna do it. again, if all else, I think a fresh new director will get the directing gig, just like how Sony got Marc Webb for Spider-Man.

So either it's a new but talented director, or a known name that will hopefully please the masses

There will be a CB blood bath if all these movies land on schedule... here is what I will lay down assuming the current plans hold:

Wolverine 2 Holiday 2011 or 2012
Flash April-June 2012 or Fall 2012
Avengers May 2012
SM4 June-July 2012
BB3 July 2012

Public is going to start yawning pretty soon with the mention of more CB movies. Even I'd get a little tired of it. WB would be wise to wait on Flash, well after they are comfortable with the results they get from GL. It won't survive in that climate. I think that's just common sense.

1) Spider-Man 4 is no more. Raimi got the boot, as did the rest of the cast. Sony is working on a franchise reboot that will focus more on Spidey's teen years, as well as being darker (which is curious given that Spider-Man is a comedic character).

2) I don't see why people would get tired of comic book films. Do they get tired of sci-fi movies? Do they get tired of period films? Do they get tired of comedies? Comic book films are a genre, that can contain many other genres within them. For instance, The Dark Knight is a comic film, but it is also a crime drama. It is clear that comic books are now reemerging in pop culture. Between the slew of cartoons (Wolverine and the X-Men, Spectacular Spider-Man, Batman The Brave and the Bold), the video games (Batman Arkham Asylum, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, DCU Online etc) and the films (enough listed), I don't think comics stories will be going anywhere for a while.

Do you think Disney spent $4 billion on Marvel because they think comics are going to start wearing on the public tolerance? If anything, comics are the salvation of our stagnant movie industry. I am already tired of Hollywood's endless slew of remakes of Japanese horror films and old films. At least comic book movies are something different.

i think he meant the Spider-Man reboot which will be released (as of right now) in Summer 2012.

I wouldn't count the reboot as Spider-Man 4, since they are abandoning everything that Rami and co have accomplished thus far (which means we will never get the conclusion to the plot that was left open at the end of Spider-Man 3).

Oh god, WB. All future tentpoles in 3D? Green Lantern I get, but the Flash? Really?

I don't think the public will give a **** about a Spidey reboot that revisits the high school years this soon with a new cast. Obviously there is a large fanbase and the teen demographic, but I don't see it doing much more than 50% of say SM2's box office. At least Raimi's team would have kept the public's ears and eyes attuned for one more film, IF they had a good story, which they obviously didn't. People will have the same reaction they had with TIH. Another Wolverine movie is a yawn, but maybe Japan will offer something different. Won't do anywhere near Origins IMO. Flash is a character that is similar to what we have seen, not in terms of abilities, but just the climate and nature overall. I think it will be a similar gross to FF. I don't think those numbers will be at all impressive if that turns out to be the case and that would be indicative of an overall lack of interest compared to the past.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"