"DC Comics storms the film world"

maybe you need to be a little more optimistic about it than thinking in pessimism, Tonie.

Green Lantern has gone through a turnaround like crazy with DC thanks to Geoff Johns and his lead into Blackest Night. I'll go and say that he's probably the second most profitable character in DC..he just now needs the movie to boost him up even further. With the movie out next year and a potential Green Lantern cartoon, it's only gonna get better.

I'm sure Green Lantern will do well as a movie. Thor as well. (Some people would give me that 'June is a bad month' BS and I say lock them up.)

Plus, with Superman, yeah he has a reboot. So what. As long as they proactively produce movies like Green Lantern that can lead in with The Flash or WW, I'm fine.

To be fair Tonie, other than Swamp Thing and Constantine, Warner Bros. has never really put out any of its other b-lister super heroes in live action film form (and using Hellblazer was really a stretch at that). The thing with Warner Bros., is that they have a lot of films that have come out (some of which have been successful) that have absolutely nothing to do with super heroes. Movies like A History of Violence or Road to Perdition. So people get the impression that Warner Bros. can do nothing but Batman and Superman. The reality, is that DC has done more for the comic book movie medium, than Marvel ever will. If Marvel were left alone, all we would have, is super heroes.

It sucks that it took this long for Warner Bros. to get around to doing more of their super hero content, but as a whole, they have really put out a lot of content for their b-lister properties. Just not their b-lister super hero properties. On that note, it is unfair to compare the likes of Fantastic Four and Iron Man, to Green Lantern, because we have no box office comparison to base it off of. So lets wait and see what the public reaction is, then we can see if it is time to start with the eternal doom and gloom.

Long Live Vertigo Comics, the Creative Outlet of DC comics!

Maybe it's just what I grew up with. All I remember in the 90's was Fox kids and their non-stop airings of those Marvel toons, as unwatchable as some of them were, they were around, which is why I believe so many Marvel properties got made one after the other the following decade. I was never an avid comic book collector, but when I did stumble on the issues, it was Marvel title after Marvel title whether it was my collection, brothers, cousins, or a friends. Outside of the big two, I could not find a DC superhero comic if my life depended on it. That's probably where the bias comes from. As for the toons these days, they are unwatchable for me since I grew out of it so I can't really comment. Let the ratings speak for themselves. At least the JLA series was popular. Animated movies, DC has upped the ante, but it's still animated and a limited market. So while I feel it is important getting these solo movies out, I proceed with caution and I'm skeptical they will hold long running franchises.

Last edited:
To be fair Tonie, other than Swamp Thing and Constantine, Warner Bros. has never really put out any of its other b-lister super heroes in live action film form (and using Hellblazer was really a stretch at that). The thing with Warner Bros., is that they have a lot of films that have come out (some of which have been successful) that have absolutely nothing to do with super heroes. Movies like A History of Violence or Road to Perdition. So people get the impression that Warner Bros. can do nothing but Batman and Superman. The reality, is that DC has done more for the comic book movie medium, than Marvel ever will. If Marvel were left alone, all we would have, is super heroes.

It sucks that it took this long for Warner Bros. to get around to doing more of their super hero content, but as a whole, they have really put out a lot of content for their b-lister properties. Just not their b-lister super hero properties. On that note, it is unfair to compare the likes of Fantastic Four and Iron Man, to Green Lantern, because we have no box office comparison to base it off of. So lets wait and see what the public reaction is, then we can see if it is time to start with the eternal doom and gloom.

Dude how many times was I trying to tell you that?!? :argh:

for me i am a fan of all and will try/watch any film/cartoons based off comic characters. as for comics i am more a marvel fan there and read more marvel stuff. but i do read a few dc stuff from time to time. all i want is to see some decent/faithful adaptions to these characters.

From Geoff Johns panel at Wodercon:
Next fan asked if DC's film side was planning on anything similar to Marvel's plans for an Avengers movie—specifically, Justice League. "Ask me in San Diego," Johns replied.

well they probably do want to do jl but it will probably still be a ways off.

i care more for the other DC movies,who gonna make 'em and when they will be released. Justice League can wait.

yea totally i can totally wait for a jl film. i just want to see each dc guy/girl get treated in a serious and faithful manner.

90% of Webhead's post are just agreeing with the previous poster. :p

Seriouly.................bring on Flash. I remember DC/WB saying that they had an announcement at the end of January. Here it is April and still no freakin word. I say if Iron Man 2 does well, we will get a Flash announcement............not some freakin Hawkman. :argh:

well sorry docker, whats the problem if i agree with something someone says?

Now that The Losers has gotta film we all know what they should do next from Vertigo...

100 BULLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd look forward to a Y if the director of Clash wasn't rumored to do it.

I'd look forward to a Y if the director of Clash wasn't rumored to do it.

He is? :csad:

The only thing he should be thinking about doing is begging Marvel to let him do a sequel to TIH (offensively underrated in my opinion).

luis will probably not take Y didnt he say something along the lines it really isnt the type of film he would want to do or what not. If it happens it will probably end up going to another guy. But as for the vertigo stuff yea they do love to do those more then the mainstream DC stuff(hopefully that will change with gl and if flash gets going for real). So what are some other vertigo stuff that would make a good screen adaption?

The f-ing Sandman! Why he doesn't have a movie is beyond me! :argh:

The f-ing Sandman! Why he doesn't have a movie is beyond me! :argh:

Because Neil Gaiman said that every script he saw for it was ****ing terrible!!! It's a shame, but...

No Sandman movie >>>>>>>>> Bad Sandman movie

I don't blame him but the question that Webby asked was what Vertigo title would title would make a great movie and Sandman fits it best. Why it hasn't had a movie yet compared to if it would be a great adaption is two different things.

well hopefully that character could get turned into a good film or heck tv/animated adaption.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"