Social Security Card, Where Do You Keep It?

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
So for years my mother told me to keep my SSC in my wallet and I never questioned it until I read online that you should have it at home in a safe or file cabinet somewhere. I don't know why my mother said what she did, but now I'm concerned about her identity getting stolen. This brings me to the question: Where do you guys put your cards? Wallet or Home?

They usually ask for Driver's License and Registration.

I think keeping it in your wallet was the old school method. My parents also told me to keep mine in my wallet. But yeah it’s probably not safe to do that.

I think keeping it in your wallet was the old school method. My parents also told me to keep mine in my wallet. But yeah it’s probably not safe to do that.
I think it was to help people identify you in case something happened and that went the way of the dodo with the rise of the internet and identity theft.

I don't think it matter as much as to where you keep it. The odds are infinity higher you will have your identity stolen with a data breach along with hundreds to hundreds of thousands of others in some poorly maintained database online than some random mugging on the streets, Krypton's recent experience of an attempted mugging not withstanding.

Keep it in your wallet, keep it in your house, in the glove compartment of your vehicle, in a safe at the bank, it is likely to get stolen somewhere digitally before any of those places are hit.

Too bad you didn't asked feedback about where to buy "good" wallet.
Hint: Amazon is not where :)
To answer the question: in my wallet.
Stuff I keep duplicates of at home : ID card and Passport.

it's in my house. i've never carried it on my person

I carried mine in my wallet when I was younger but now keep my social along with my birth certificate in a small safe I bought at Academy for $10.

Wallet.

I wouldn’t know what to do with your Social Security number even if I had it.

Wallet Gang!

I keep it my safe along with my mint collection of silver Star Wars coins.

I'm 50 and I've had my card since I was 16. I have no idea how I've managed not to lose this thing. I've misplaced it many, many times. I only had to find it for my driver's license renewal in May, and I promptly misplaced it. I found it again about a month later, lmao.

Mine was in my wallet. My wallet was in my back pocket. My back pocket was in the pool. Now it's on a table sitting in the sun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"