Some Details on Filming - including a scene

That Silvestri drawing is one of my favorite Logan images! :D

Yeah, it is pretty badass. :up:

Sounds good now let's get some casting news.:wolverine
Wowzah. A barn explodes. Could it be any more Hollywood formula and generic action movie?!

Depends on the context of this scene and what happens before and after, but I hope we get more than a generic Die Hard Wolverine flick.
It's a summer action tentpole so i'd expect an explosion or two. Let's not overreact.:cwink:

Sounds good now let's get some casting news.:wolverine

It's a summer action tentpole so i'd expect an explosion or two. Let's not overreact.:cwink:

Ohhhhh. Please, can I overreact a little? It's what everyone else on here does! :ninja:

Howdy

I have to agree on being saddened that it's starting in the 70's. I was hoping for some Silver Samurai an maybe some hand. I have always loved his Japanese background an his true love is in that period.

Mek

as much as i loved reading that story back in the day, its not something I want to see in the movie. Besides, I already saw Last Samurai.

as much as i loved reading that story back in the day, its not something I want to see in the movie. Besides, I already saw Last Samurai.

Howdy

Noted....I just don't see how you tell Wolverine's story from the 70's when he's been around for 100+ years...Do you keep making pro logs to the pro log?
I think you need to tell his stories from the start.

Mek

Having the story take place in the 1970s does give them at least 20 years to play around with before the start of the first X-Men movie's storyline.

I love that it's taking place in the 70s. :up:

You think they are making them into mutants for this film? I hope not.

Are they not mutants? You're probably right. I sometimes think of Alpha Flight as sort of the Canadian mutant team, but if I remember correctly, most of them aren't mutants.
My bad.

Of course, Juggernaut wasn't a mutant either, so it wouldn't surprise me if they made a lot of the superpowered characters into mutants.

Are they not mutants? You're probably right. I sometimes think of Alpha Flight as sort of the Canadian mutant team, but if I remember correctly, most of them aren't mutants.
My bad.

Of course, Juggernaut wasn't a mutant either, so it wouldn't surprise me if they made a lot of the superpowered characters into mutants.
That's alright, we all make mistakes! You could be right about them making them mutants though, just to "dumb it down" for some of the audience, I hope not though.

That's alright, we all make mistakes! You could be right about them making them mutants though, just to "dumb it down" for some of the audience, I hope not though.

I doubt they will make the Hudsons mutants. The concept of Weapon X is human/mutant augmentation through various enhancement procedures to create supersoldiers. The Hudsons and the Vindicator/Guardian battle-suit would fit into that well. Let's hope they keep the idea of experimenting on mutants and humans and trying to enhance human capability.

But some changing of the Alpha Flight characters' origins may be necessary. Would the general viewer buy the idea of Snowbird being born from a wrinkly Inuit goddess who took the seed of a human explorer? Possibly not. But make her a mutant with some mysterious and mystical background and it would work. Of course I really just want to see Snowbird on screen - her animalistic metamorphic powers would make for some great effects and action sequences.

hugh-jackman-shirtless-01.jpg

Just try and tell me that's not Logan.

Really hope that James and Heather are appearing, considering that they played such a huge role in Logan regaining his humanity after Weapon X; and are excellent characters in their own right.

Paul Gross as Mac!

...Wait, is this movie taking place before or after Weapon X? I've been getting the feeling that he will be involved with Department H. Or are they merging the two (considering Stryker said he came in volunteerily)? Maybe they really are merging them and the adamantium bonding isn't even in the movie. He pretty much loses his memory after that whole thing. I'm expecting to see bone claws.

If it does take place after the bonding process then there's no way that Sabretooth is in this movie because he'd remember him in X-men...Besides, Xavier said it's been 15 years since the incident and since this movie takes place in the 1970s I highly doubt the "not too distant future" of the X-men movies were the late 80s/early 90s.

HAHAHAHA rofl!
Am I the only one sad it's set in the 1970s?

I guess it's somewhat realism.Wolverine's backstory was partially written by Claremont in the 1970's..but i don't like it either.They could have done a film in the present,but went back to the 70's to stay safe..like that will do any good.

...Wait, is this movie taking place before or after Weapon X? I've been getting the feeling that he will be involved with Department H. Or are they merging the two (considering Stryker said he came in volunteerily)? Maybe they really are merging them and the adamantium bonding isn't even in the movie. He pretty much loses his memory after that whole thing. I'm expecting to see bone claws.

If it does take place after the bonding process then there's no way that Sabretooth is in this movie because he'd remember him in X-men...Besides, Xavier said it's been 15 years since the incident and since this movie takes place in the 1970s I highly doubt the "not too distant future" of the X-men movies were the late 80s/early 90s.
You raise a couple of interestng points.

In the script I have read (and I imagine loads of others have as well),
Logan's memory is erased after he undergoes the adamantium bonding process and tracks down Sabretooth
. From a couple of interviews Benioff has done, I think it's safe to say he's not going down the bone claws route. No mention is made of the Hudsons either, but after all the 'polishes' that have been done to the script, who canbe sure?

As for it being set in the 70s...I just don't see it as being something that the movie will adress - Hell, all it needs is just 'The Past' to flash up on screen; Logan is old enough to make the supposed
'Nam
scene work no matter when it's set. And, with the point you raised due to Professor X's comments, it really isn't possible for it to work in the 70s either.

I'm not too keen on this rocket scene unless maybe it comes during a battle with a Shiva robot or something.

I hoped the Hudsons would be included, they could work directly for Stryker or an associated department not necessarily Department H.

As for sabretooth and wolverine not recognizing each other there's various scenarios that could explain this, maybe triggers from a shiva robot, wolverine puncturing creed's brain, influence from a young jason stryker (i dont know how old he's supposed to be) or a mutant like psi-borg.

Well the man's been wondering for 15 years and the X-men moivies take place in our not too distant future so if anything the Weapon X incident happened sometime in the 1990s. This movie takes place in the 70s. There is absolutely no way that Wolverine will have adamantium claws unless they ignore the hell out of their own continuity. Everything with Sabretooth, his work with Stryker, it all happened before he woke up with steel claws and freaked and made a run for it.

I'm sure that they'll show the events leading up to the adamantium process but I doubt they'll show anything else.

UNLESS (now here's a theory) only part of the movie takes place in the 1970s. There could also be his origin in the 1800s and his present situation. Maybe the 70s is all his espionage work with Sabretooth and Maverick and every now and then they'll cut to after the Adamantium process. Maverick's in this movie as Agent Zero from what I hear (and as a villain no less) so it WOULD provide a great contrast. These guys being old buddies and now having to fight each other and all. Sabretooth not being trusted from the beginning and with his memory gone STILL being that same jerk. Yeah, I think they can loophole their way into having the adamantium claws in this one.

Plus Wolverine always loses his memories during traumatic events. Maybe Silver Fox is in this movie and her death is what triggers it. Maybe her death was what happened 15 years ago and not the adamantium bonding process.

EDIT: By the way, just re-read Weapon X last night and Wolverine is f**kin'...Frankenstein! He is the modern Frankenstein's monster and if they show the escape in full this time then they really have to focus on that. It was like reading a horror comic. Like "The Thing" or something. Everybody's trapped inside during a winter blizzard with this absolute beast slaughtering them. He was a scary bastard. That's what I want in this movie!

Well the man's been wondering for 15 years and the X-men moivies take place in our not too distant future so if anything the Weapon X incident happened sometime in the 1990s. This movie takes place in the 70s. There is absolutely no way that Wolverine will have adamantium claws unless they ignore the hell out of their own continuity. Everything with Sabretooth, his work with Stryker, it all happened before he woke up with steel claws and freaked and made a run for it.

I'm sure that they'll show the events leading up to the adamantium process but I doubt they'll show anything else.

UNLESS (now here's a theory) only part of the movie takes place in the 1970s. There could also be his origin in the 1800s and his present situation. Maybe the 70s is all his espionage work with Sabretooth and Maverick and every now and then they'll cut to after the Adamantium process. Maverick's in this movie as Agent Zero from what I hear (and as a villain no less) so it WOULD provide a great contrast. These guys being old buddies and now having to fight each other and all. Sabretooth not being trusted from the beginning and with his memory gone STILL being that same jerk. Yeah, I think they can loophole their way into having the adamantium claws in this one.

Plus Wolverine always loses his memories during traumatic events. Maybe Silver Fox is in this movie and her death is what triggers it. Maybe her death was what happened 15 years ago and not the adamantium bonding process.

EDIT: By the way, just re-read Weapon X last night and Wolverine is f**kin'...Frankenstein! He is the modern Frankenstein's monster and if they show the escape in full this time then they really have to focus on that. It was like reading a horror comic. Like "The Thing" or something. Everybody's trapped inside during a winter blizzard with this absolute beast slaughtering them. He was a scary bastard. That's what I want in this movie!

Actually most of Wolverine's rampage through Weapon X was actually a memory implant. The professor decided it would be easier to control weapon x if Logan thought he had killed him. Logan escapes shortly after when he kills a bengal tiger and two wranglers. He breaks into the control room and then wanders through the snow. We know the professor, Hines, and Cornelius survived however from the Shiva and Omega Red stories that follow.

X-men 1 came out in what 2000? So its not hard to imagine that the not too distant future from WWII was mid or late 90s. Which could place the bonding process and escape in the 80's and the events which would lead up to it in the 70's.

Well the man's been wondering for 15 years and the X-men moivies take place in our not too distant future so if anything the Weapon X incident happened sometime in the 1990s. This movie takes place in the 70s.
I know what has been said about it being set during the 1970s, but how do you know that the time-line is ever going to be addressed? Lord knows it wasn't in Weapon X.

Savage said:
There is absolutely no way that Wolverine will have adamantium claws unless they ignore the hell out of their own continuity. Everything with Sabretooth, his work with Stryker, it all happened before he woke up with steel claws and freaked and made a run for it.
But again that's only if it's addressed that the movie is set in the 70s. All they need to do is at the start of the movie have a caption saying '20 years earlier' or something similar and it all falls into place.

Oh that's right. That was the fake escape. Every time I read it, I forget that for some reason. :yay:

And it still doesn't address the point that he lost his memory after the adamantium process so there's no way he could have known Sabretooth or even Stryker after the event. Unless his actual memory loss occurs during a traumatic event that takes place AFTER he gets adamantium claws, I really don't see him having them in this movie. That is of course they do a lot of flashback sequences or something trippy with time like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"