NZ Filming Delayed?

narrows101

Reaction score
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4346999a1860.html

X-Men Queenstown filming date top secret

Queenstown residents are gearing up for the arrival of the crew from a new mega-budget action movie, but studio bosses remain tight-lipped about when filming will start.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine, the fourth movie in the hugely popular X-Men series, is currently in pre-production at Sydney's Fox Studios.

Initially scheduled for release in America in May 2009, movie insiders have said there are rumours of a delay in the project.

Hugh Jackman will reprise his role as the movie's title character with his company Seed Productions at the helm.

Scream star Liev Schrieber and Hawaiian beauty Maggie Q are also rumoured to have been cast.

Gavin Hood, who directed Reese Witherspoon in last year's thriller Rendition, has been confirmed as the film's director.

The proposed locations for filming include Queenstown, Deerpark Heights, Skippers Canyon, Glenorchy and Milford Sound.

However, a spokesman for the Wolverine production office said the exact date that filming will begin in Queenstown was being kept secret.

"At this stage I can't release that kind of information but we should be able to tell you more later in the month," he said.

Wonder if the strike is affecting this one after all...

There's a post on the IMDB MB from someone who sounds in the know who posted, when the dates of Jan. 9 and 14 were mentioned as starting dates, that there are "too many things happening behind the scenes to be shooting that early in January" so perhaps it's true.

I recall seeing those locations on IMDB yesterday. I should have posted them, but I wasn't sure if that info had already been released:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0458525/locations

Arcadia Station, Glenorchy, Otago, New Zealand

Deer Park Heights, Queenstown, Otago, New Zealand

Fox Studios, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
(studio)

Kingston Beach, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Milford Sound, Fiordland National Park, Southland, New Zealand

Queenstown, Otago, New Zealand

Skippers Canyon, Queenstown, Otago, New Zealand

I recall seeing those locations on IMDB yesterday. I should have posted them, but I wasn't sure if that info had already been released:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0458525/locations

Arcadia Station, Glenorchy, Otago, New Zealand

Deer Park Heights, Queenstown, Otago, New Zealand

Fox Studios, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
(studio)

Kingston Beach, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Milford Sound, Fiordland National Park, Southland, New Zealand

Queenstown, Otago, New Zealand

Skippers Canyon, Queenstown, Otago, New Zealand
Yeah, those have been on there since the end of November I believe, or early December. I thought people had posted them a while ago otherwise I would have put them on here.... Ooops.

I am hearing from one of my friends that the start date on filming has been pushed back, can't find out how long yet though.

Good thing they have 'till May 2009 for the film. No need for them to rush if they're not ready to go full steam ahead :up:

Exactly, which is why I am not panicing over the matter. They still have LOADS of time... :D Its apparently not being pushed back majorly (as in, it won't be starting in April or anything), but possibly a late January/ early February start if they can't iron out a few of the kinks that they have currently (nothing major).

Weren't they supposed to be doing re-shoots for Australia later this year? Since Nicole Kidman just announced that she's pregnant, maybe they're moving up the re-shoots and pushing Wolverine back a few weeks?

Just guessing.

Weren't they supposed to be doing re-shoots for Australia later this year? Since Nicole Kidman just announced that she's pregnant, maybe they're moving up the re-shoots and pushing Wolverine back a few weeks?

Just guessing.

I'd forgotten about that! There was some news that possibly they would be doing reshoots in March, but I'm thinking maybe the reason they didn't finish until Dec. 21 was because they KNEW she was pregnant and wanted to finish everything up then since they couldn't do it later - although if it was only for closeups it may not matter. But this could be a possibility also - she just dropped out of filming another movie that was supposed to start this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"