Some of SR in OYL

Reaction score
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/com...iews-intro.php?topic=c-interview_geoff-johns1

Neal: That's part of what made the businessman Lex so it actually moved the character forward, and that's what you're trying to do. That's part of my question about the, how enmeshed...your "Up, Up, and Away" so far, I've only seen one issue, is enmeshed in continuity that was basically the Byrne stuff, and then it became, it seems like you're trying to set that base so that you can move forward from it without stepping on toes. It's kind of nice.
Geoff: What we want to do, there will be a few bombs that we'll drop in Superman's life. But again, I'm a firm believer of trying to look at what elements that work and what people have done that I like and people like and building onto that and adding our own. Kurt and I were, I mean look, if people enjoy the story and the idea of, we have, we introduce a new element from Krypton called "sunstone", which is the crystal technology, and we've named it, and if that sticks around, I'll be happy.
Neal: People have kind of referenced that and said it's kind of like the movie. Was the movie any inspiration for that?
Geoff: Absolutely.

ummmm wasnt the crystal technology in Superman the movie????

oh ok...Keep on truckin

I'm pretty bored of the crystal motif, myself. I never really liked the look of the Fortress of Solitude in the movie.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I'm pretty bored of the crystal motif, myself. I never really liked the look of the Fortress of Solitude in the movie.
And I always loved it. Still do. But wasn't Supes' Fortress changed like... years ago?

I don't know. I don't really mind the crystals themselves, just the layout in the movie. It always seemed so cramped and empty. I like the sprawling Fortress filled with lots and lots of stuff shown in the comics and STAS. I was pretty bored with the Fortress in Smallville, though. I heard the Fortress of Solitude would appear, but instead of an interesting new design, it was basically a crystal-by-crystal recreation of the movie's.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I don't know. I don't really mind the crystals themselves, just the layout in the movie. It always seemed so cramped and empty. I like the sprawling Fortress filled with lots and lots of stuff shown in the comics and STAS. I was pretty bored with the Fortress in Smallville, though. I heard the Fortress of Solitude would appear, but instead of an interesting new design, it was basically a crystal-by-crystal recreation of the movie's.

if its supposed to be a sequel to the first two movies and Smallville ties into it I'd imagine tey'd all have the same FOS...the comics on the other hand dont have to be

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"