Sony E3 Conference 2009

I thought it was a good show from Sony. Already said most of this in the main E3 thread, but they showed a ton of content, and still managed to pull out a few titles we didn't know about.

I haven't played an MMO for a bit, so FFXIV might be a buy for me. Modracers looked fun as well. The Last Guardian should be awesome as well. Beyond that, the GOW3 and Uncharted 2 trailers were awesome and just got me that much more hyped.

The PSP stuff got me excited for gaming with my PSP again as it's mainly been used for listening to music lately. The motion controls I can take or leave.

I don't know...I mean there were a few other things I expected. I was hoping a few more titles would be fleshed out and given time frames. Like DC Online or Heavy Rain. Still tho, the conference got me excited for PS3 and PSP gaming for this and next year...so atleast for me Sony did their job.

Like I said in the other thread tho...I wish they hadn't used the word Megaton. Nothing I saw lived up to the hype they set up.

yep i was expecting gameplay that would at least set it apart from the first two. if i didn't know better i would think it was gow 2.

Did you expect the second game to be radically different from the first?

BTW, anyone else watching the G4 coverage (TV or live) that heard Kevin Pier....whatever his last name is, *****ing while the Sony pres. was still speaking after they cut off the GOW3 segment? Then he mentioned something like, "20 minutes more? Awesome". Just thought it was hilarious that somehow his mic picked up after the speach was off. He must really love GOW3.

Great conference. I loved the GOWIII footage, MAG footage, Uat2 footage, GT portable,and The last Gaurdian. I wish we had seen more of Heavy Rain and I'm not sure about the motion control. All and all I give them a B+.

I'll wait till the end of E3 before handing out grades, but I must say Sony had an excellent press conference.

Showing strong support for both the PSP and PS3 is no easy task.

So, I can't tell, are you trying to bait or what?

So, I can't tell, are you trying to bait or what?

I am very excited to get Perfect Dark 64 but at the same time I hope Sony does some wow's to convince me to get a PS3

Last edited:
Well I just finished watching it i thought it was a okay show Microsofts show was better,

Pro
-Uncharted
-MAG
-Mod Nation
-PSP Go
-God of War III

Cons
-No Price Cut(way to f**ck up sony)
-God of War III announced in March 2010 my PS3 might break by then!!!
-No Heavy Rain
-Motion Controls looked really corny

What i wanted was
-A Youtube service when you r done with a match you can post them up on Youtube
-A Price Cut
-PS2 classics

Last edited:
So a detail I missed during the press conference was the PSP GO! is going to be selling 250 bones! WTF, Sony?? Have they not yet realized that there is a minimum that people are willing to pay for any given device. You just don't go over $400 for a home console, and $200 for a handheld is really pushing it. When will they learn?

It is pretty expensive, how much is the PSP-3000 right now

If the rumors of a PS3 Slim are true, especially if they want a Fall release of it, I understand why they don't reduce it. Who's going to want to buy a PS3 if they can wait a few months for the Slim especially if it's cheaper? I would think they would want to clear the shelves of the regular PS3.

So a detail I missed during the press conference was the PSP GO! is going to be selling 250 bones! WTF, Sony?? Have they not yet realized that there is a minimum that people are willing to pay for any given device. You just don't go over $400 for a home console, and $200 for a handheld is really pushing it. When will they learn?

Yeah, it's too expensive. However I think Sony knew what they were doing. It's a sleek looking piece of tech that's more geared toward digital distribution, their target was the tech freaks who have to have anything new, sleek, and high tech. That's not to say a normal gamer wouldn't enjoy it, I just don't think that was their core audience. For the rest of us, the regular PSP is still selling and at a good price.

PSP Go looks pretty, but IMO it's a step backwards with the negation of a UMD slot. Of course a step forward with a bigger internal harddrive and bluetooth. It's just that I wouldn't buy it over the regular PSP 3000 anyway.

I am questioning the PSP Go myself. they didn't really show what it can do at E3 i wanted to see if you can go on Youtube and see if u could you hook it up to a TV those r My two biggest questions for Sony.

And sony should have announced the PS3 slim with a price drop of $299

All I care about is Uncharted 2 and especially God of War III.

GOW III looked amazing and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. It's too bad the people playing the demo sucked beyond imagination.

Yeah, it's too expensive. However I think Sony knew what they were doing. It's a sleek looking piece of tech that's more geared toward digital distribution, their target was the tech freaks who have to have anything new, sleek, and high tech. That's not to say a normal gamer wouldn't enjoy it, I just don't think that was their core audience. For the rest of us, the regular PSP is still selling and at a good price.

PSP Go looks pretty, but IMO it's a step backwards with the negation of a UMD slot. Of course a step forward with a bigger internal harddrive and bluetooth. It's just that I wouldn't buy it over the regular PSP 3000 anyway.
how is it a step backwards? The UMD exclusion is a step in the right direction. Only step backwards I see in the system is the smaller screen

how is it a step backwards? The UMD exclusion is a step in the right direction. Only step backwards I see in the system is the smaller screen

Because it loses a feature while not gaining anything significant in return. I'm not talking about Bluetooth tho, as that is a good feature. I mean the harddrive in place of the UMD slot. A regular PSP still can accept 4+ GB memory sticks. So it can do the same as the GO in terms of storing digital data. The Go however loses the ability to play UMD games which the regular PSP still has. If I go to Gamestop and see a $5 used UMD game/movie, I can buy it and pop it in, the Go can't. If I see a game I want to dl off the PS store I can do that with Go, but I can also do that with the original PSP.

I know UMD's are being phased out. I still see it as a step backwards tho. I mean if the PS3 stopped coming out with a BR drive, and instead had a huge terabyte drive, I'd still want the PS3 with the BR drive.

I get what your saying but I think it would be counterproductive for the Go to have a UMD drive. The main feature about the system is its enhanced portability and with that a UMD drive is not needed. Its an extra cost to producing the system which they are trying to phae out of it. Its a good thing that they arent have this be the only PSP model but instead keeping 2 of them out there for consumders. However I wouldnt be surprised if the PSP-3000 is discontinued next year with the GO getting a $50 price drop and completely replacing it.

I get what your saying but I think it would be counterproductive for the Go to have a UMD drive. The main feature about the system is its enhanced portability and with that a UMD drive is not needed. Its an extra cost to producing the system which they are trying to phae out of it...

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing. The Go is targeting a different part of the audience. It's sleeker, has a bigger hard drive, is small, lighter, and will probably be more battery efficient without the UMD drive. Just meant for me personally it's a step back. I myself would rather have my current PSP, or a PSP 3000 (still using a launch PSP), than switch over to a Go.

I do think the Go looks sexy. I hold nothing against anyone that wants one. Especially if it's the buyers first PSP and they have no interest in already released titles, only future ones. I just like having the ability to pop in older games if I want.

Last edited:
I would rather get rid of my PSP and switch to a Go. I'm not very fond of the design, and it looks like it's a bit odd to hold, but not having to carry around UMDs sounds like a great way to live.

A portable console with only digital content seems like the only way for portables to move forward, carrying cartridges and discs is cumbersome.

I am still debating whether to get a Go or Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I mean i can really use a Go since i am going to College next year and would be a nice little thing to have for Entertainment But i really don't think its worth it. I mean it has the same graphics of a PSP 3000 and i could just buy a 16gb memory stick from a store and put it in my PSP.

I am still debating whether to get a Go or Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I mean i can really use a Go since i am going to College next year and would be a nice little thing to have for Entertainment But i really don't think its worth it. I mean it has the same graphics of a PSP 3000 and i could just buy a 16gb memory stick from a store and put it in my PSP.

Save all that cash for parties at college. There's plenty of entertainment to be had at college outside of a PSP. The games, by November you'll be too broke to buy them.

Why would you want to play video games when you can play with real girls? :huh:

It's entirely possible to do both, just usually not at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"