SONY quote of the day - "We dont need GTA"

PS2 hardware have been very stable at above 200k, in fact Kingdom Hearts II didn't give it a boost, or a significant one. THe system has only sold under 200k a month 3 times in its life and they weren't recently.

Zenien said:
in fact Kingdom Hearts II didn't give it a boost, or a significant one.
Sure Zenien. "We don't need an exclusive Kingdom Hearts, either" - Sony.

Zenien said:
PS2 hardware have been very stable at above 200k, in fact Kingdom Hearts II didn't give it a boost, or a significant one.

WHATEVER......YOU CAN'T DENY LOGIC FOREVER, 'Z'. THE ONLY REASON FOR PEOPLE TO CONTINUE BUYING THE 'PS2' IS FOR EXCLUSIVE TITLES.......OR BECAUSE THEIR ORIGINAL 'PS2' IS WORE OUT, AND THEY DON'T THINK THEY'LL GET A 'PS3' FOR AWHILE.

Obviously, I never said that, but it didn't boost hardware sales much or significantly. It's the same way some titles sell well, but just don't have an overall effect on boosting the hardware sold in that month, and for whatever factors Kingdom Hearts II is one of those titles.

Deny logic? I never challenged your logic that exclusives help drive hardware sales and the console. Not once, because Exclusives DO help drive hardware and GTA not being exclusive is worse for SOny then having a timed exclusive in their favor.

Seriously, read.

Zenien, you have to get a good avatar for once in your life. :(

Zenien said:
Obviously, I never said that, but it didn't boost hardware sales much or significantly. It's the same way some titles sell well, but just don't have an overall effect on boosting the hardware sold in that month, and for whatever factors Kingdom Hearts II is one of those titles.

Deny logic? I never challenged your logic that exclusives help drive hardware sales and the console. Not once, because Exclusives DO help drive hardware and GTA not being exclusive is worse for SOny then having a timed exclusive in their favor.

Seriously, read.

YOU INFER MORE THAN YOU ACTUALLY TYPE.......IT'S YOUR WAY OF AVOIDING REAL ISSUES. :p

Your avatar has always been horrible. :(

THWIP* said:
YOU INFER MORE THAN YOU ACTUALLY TYPE.......IT'S YOUR WAY OF AVOIDING REAL ISSUES. :p

Didn't mean anything else beside what I posted, in retrspect saying "I agree with your theory, but the example is off" would have saved us a lot of wasted time.

Zenien said:
Didn't mean anything else beside what I posted, in retrspect saying "I agree with your theory, but the example is off" would have saved us a lot of wasted time.

JUST SAY THAT FROM NOW ON, AND WE'LL SAVE A TON OF WASTED TIME. :D

Pardon my crass nature, but....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

They don't need GTA like Dubya doesn't need a scapegoat.

In fact both of your avatars are horrible. :(

And you guys totally left out his most inflamatory quotes;)

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/sony/sonys-jack-tretton-whips-out-the-claws-gets-catty-182501.php

In what is turning out to be the *****iest console war in recent memory, Jack Tretton, co-chief officer of Sony Computer Entertainment America, is spewing venom all over Microsoft. In an interview with financial news site The Street, Tretton didn't pull any punches, repeatedly laying into Msoft. Here are the choice quotes:

"I guess if price is the only consideration, then we've won the war, because we've got a $129 PlayStation 2 that outsells the Xbox 360 today."

"We're looking to sell 100 million-plus worldwide. We're looking to sell 50 million plus in North America. So, if a competitor gets to 6 to 10 million worldwide, I would not consider that to be a significant advantage or a significant disadvantage as far as we're concerned."

"There's no question they have a higher pain tolerance. I think most companies, if they'd lost the billions that Microsoft has lost on the Xbox, would question whether or not they belong in the business. Obviously, they have a different standard of success."

Grab a bowl of popcorn, 'cause there are more fireworks after the jump.

"If we had suffered the struggles that Microsoft had, I'd question whether we'd be serious about the business today. Fortunately for us, we've never been in that position. And I guess until we get in that position, it's difficult to determine how we would react."

"There's no question that having the Grand Theft Auto franchise helped us a lot and helped us sell some units, but I don't think the battle would be any different with or without Grand Theft Auto."

"I think it's a fact that Sony Computer Entertainment software has far outsold Halo, because Halo was the one and only title to come out there. So, do we have a title? I don't know."

"I guess I'd have to look at the numbers on Gran Turismo vs. the numbers on Halo. But I can guarantee you that Sony Computer Entertainment's first-party software far and away outsold Microsoft's first-party software."

Zenien said:
In fact both of your avatars are horrible. :(
War has started. You have NO idea what you have begun.

Come on THWIP*. Ultra-Violence... ACTIVATE!!!

WhatsHisFace said:
War has started. You have NO idea what you have begun.

Come on THWIP*. Ultra-Violence... ACTIVATE!!!

*PFFT* MY AVVY OWNS HERS, WITH A DOUBLE-HEADED SPIKED *****. :down:o

WhatsHisFace said:
Sure Zenien. "We don't need an exclusive Kingdom Hearts, either" - Sony.

Dear God, I hope so :(

WhatsHisFace said:
Zenien, you have to get a good avatar for once in your life. :(

Look whose talking :o

I had a PS2 back in the day...guess why I bought it. That's right...GTA. When it came out for X-Box with better graphics and custom soundtracks, I sold my PS2...now seeing as there's no GTA that's exclusive to PS2 for any amount of time, and in fact the 360 will have exclusive content for it, guess what...that's right, I'm not gonna get a PS3 :o

The Joker said:
I had a PS2 back in the day...guess why I bought it. That's right...GTA. When it came out for X-Box with better graphics and custom soundtracks, I sold my PS2...now seeing as there's no GTA that's exclusive to PS2 for any amount of time, and in fact the 360 will have exclusive content for it, guess what...that's right, I'm not gonna get a PS3 :o

^^^^ WELL, THERE YA HAVE IT, 'Z'.......THE ONLY PROOF WE NEED; CASE CLOSED........NEXT! :D :p

Gammy v.2 said:
It appears you would know how that feels :(

HELL NO......I HAD THAT THING CUSTOM MADE FOR HER, AND HER LOVER. :down

THWIP* said:
HELL NO......I HAD THAT THING CUSTOM MADE FOR HER, AND HER LOVER. :down

orly2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"