Sequels Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is Tony Revelori eventually going to become Venom? Because he looks like he could give Tom Hardy a run for his money on the intimidation front:

cKFvUMn_.jpg

e735a51b0cb9874871cd668473d7739f.jpg

Maybe we'll even get Venom vs Venom, or one of them will become Anti-Venom.

Who do you think would win in a fight? I'm guessing everyone will vote for Revelori.
Tbh Revolori could have been the classic Flash if they wanted him to. There was nothing stopping him from bulking up besides Marvel. And he could have wore two inch lift shoes to match Holland's height.

But yeah, Hardy is the perfect choice for Brock, couldn't have gotten anyone better. I
That totally works for me :)

As long as we get Hardy vs Holland, I'm cool

Tom vs. Tom. Holland vs. Hardy. Son of Stark vs. Symbiote of Sony.

I see this being like someone said earlier, the MCU has various sections. The MCU films, Netflix, ABC, and I guess now the Sony MCU. I do not forsee this ever mattering to anything not related to Spider-Man, and even there the Spider-Man folms themselves prob will not reference Venom and such. Like Netflix it will be its own section. That said, that does make me more interested.

Tbh Revolori could have been the classic Flash if they wanted him to. There was nothing stopping him from bulking up besides Marvel. And he could have wore two inch lift shoes to match Holland's height.

But yeah, Hardy is the perfect choice for Brock, couldn't have gotten anyone better. I

Tom vs. Tom. Holland vs. Hardy. Son of Stark vs. Symbiote of Sony.

we could have lengthy discussion how supporting cast in homecoming came out very puzzling.

hardy is a coup for eddie brock.seriously who could seriously complain about this casting.

Can't say I blame him. He knows these spins offs are bad ideas.

Can't say I blame him. He knows these spins offs are bad ideas.
Yeah I wouldn't blame him at all. The rushed nature of the Venom movie is something I'd want to stay away from in his position.

In the end Marvel has their out. Once the Avengers movies are done and the second Homecoming movie, they can wash their hands of Sony and their messy spinoffs. And that will still have given us a nice taste of Spidey in the MCU so it won't have been a total waste.

Agreed, but Marvel cannot really lose here if Sony wants to call it connected. If Venom.is awesome, Marvel can use the good will and story points. If it sucks, just never speak of it. I doubt any story points related to these movies will make it into the MCU proper anyway. I at least get the Venom spinoff, but the Silver Sable/Black Cat one is an awful idea.

I'm not sure Feige and Pascal are on the same page on this subject.

How you guys want Venom to look? I think he looked ok in Spider-Man 3 but the symbiote didn't seem alive. It looked too dry. It might look better in a movie like that but I think they should try something like this:

Around 1:20. It moves a little bit. I'm not sure if it would look good in live-action.

Sony's Venom movie shares much in common with the Venom symbiote. Both are dangerous parasitic entities feeding off and threatening the continued good health of the host entity.

Sony's Venom movie shares much in common with the Venom symbiote. Both are dangerous parasitic entities feeding off and threatening the continued good health of the host entity.

Lol. You know, Marvel tv/Animation also shares much in common with the Venom symbiote.:sly: Ok, that was harsh on Marvel tv. Marvel animation post Disney purchase is trash though.

So are we still rooting for this to fail? Seems like SONY has a contingency plan.

Maybe Venom is going to represent the relationship between Sony and Marvel: something that has grafted itself onto another and is now leaching off the host's life force. :o

If this movie were in any other hands I'd be pretty excited for it. An R-rated Venom movie with Tom Hardy as the lead? On paper, that's a movie I'd want to see.

That's the thing. The bolded alone is a dream for me, but at this point, I'm hoping that it's decent and then with potential MCU connections, it's allowed to flourish and find its footing in future sequels.

Huh...so not only am I going back and forth between being MegaCautiouslyOptimisticCauseHardyHuzzah©, but now we're not even sure how connected the movies will be?
For all we know it could be similar to how the Netflix shows are in the same universe as the movies, but never truly cross over except for the odd reference here & there
That's honestly what I'm thinking.

In terms of Spidey cameos I think we'll see Brock having a flashback, maybe some reused footage of Pete swinging, little shots here and there, a crumpled newspaper with the Sin Eater headline but nothing major as it currently stands.

I see it as Venom referencing things in the MCU, but the larger MCU not saying anything about that corner of the universe.

How you guys want Venom to look?
Around 1:20. It moves a little bit. I'm not sure if it would look good in live-action.
I want him to look like classic 616 Venom, black though with some blueish purple highlights to make it look otherworldly depending on where the light catches it. A little movement, during important actions (suiting up, a moment of supreme rage, etc) would be fine, but I don't want it to be constantly flowing or him to look like Ultimate at all.

Save the constant motion for Carnage since he's so wild and crazy.

Also, keep Brock a large, fit man, no 10 foot tall blob monster-hulk. Let's go with a good sensible mix of practical fx and cgi.

Also...no cannibalism.

It's incredibly clear that Sony wants to use Marvel to rehabilitate Spider-Man and then use that rehabilitation to jumpstart their own universe. The key question as to how well they can pull that off really relates to how the contract is drawn up with regards to Sony using Tom Holland's Spider-Man on their own during the time of the partnership.

I see one of 3 scenarios:

1. If Sony can use Tom Holland's Spider-Man however they want, they basically try to work Tom Holland into Venom and Black Cat/Silver Sable, at least as cameos. This Spider-Man won't mention his escapades with the other Avengers, and no events that happen in the MCU will impact these characters, and no events that happen in these movies will impact the MCU, but this version of Spider-Man will be a constant.

2. If Sony can't use Tom Holland's Spider-Man during the partnership, but can after the partnership, then I would guess that Sony would work in a Spider-Man cameo via flashback into Venom and Black Cat/Silver Sable. Tom Holland's face wouldn't be shown, but it can establish that these characters have a history with Spider-Man. Just like the first scenario, no events in one film series impacts the other. Then, whenever the Marvel/Sony arrangement is over, Tom Holland is incorporated into whatever Sony has built at that point (so in a way, that vague faceless Spider-Man was Holland all along, just without showing it). Again, this Spider-Man never mentions his antics with the Avengers, they are unrelated with one character crossing over.

3. If Sony can't use Tom Holland's Spider-Man at ALL without Marvel's approval, then Sony is basically just trying to imply a connection that doesn't really exist to try to get people excited for their ill-advised films. Or Pascal is trying to force Feige's hand by playing on the public's excitement to allow Holland to appear in her movies even if that isn't how the contract is written up now.

We need another interview now with Kevin Feige making an announcement with Amy Pascal sitting by nervously twitching and then smiling the fakest smile she can when asked an awkward question.

I kinda took Feige's reaction a little differently than mostly everyone else. Everyone assumes Feige doesn't know what she's talking about because he doesn't say nothing.

We all know Feige and the MCU like surprising people when they feel like it's time to. Plus it's highly likely the Sony and Marvel partnership will extend past Spidey 2.

So to me it came across like she was letting the cat of the bag before Feige wanted. Thus the reaction to her talking about it.

For all we know this was in the plans for a long time. Plus we have the untitled Avengers Infinity War 2nd film as well. For all we know the big set up for Venom and his connection to the MCU and Spidey could come through those films.

If I had to guess Pascal let slip something big they weren't ready to announce or reveal to the public yet. Something that had it been revealed in theaters in a non Spidey movie would have had everyone buzzing about afterwards.

Since everything to this point has been misleading us to think they weren't in the same universe. Plus I would have to agree with some here. I had no interest in seeing a Venom movie not connected to the current Spider-man franchise in the MCU. Venom is one of my favorite villains/anti-hero's.

If they had separated the two and not made this announcement or done something to connect them beforehand. I probably would have stayed home during the run of the film but now it's likely I will go see it and get hyped for it.

Last edited:
Feige has spent years working to put the whole MCU together. 15+ movies. Now Sony wants to movie in and steal credibility starting with 2 movies, and I'm sure branching out from there. I'm surprised he's not more upset.

Sony damaged their product almost irreparably, Marvel offered what was meant to be a mutually beneficial olive branch, now Sony is getting greedy. They should just subcontract their Spider-man rights back to Marvel Studios, take a diminishing percentage, until the rights completely revert back and move on. That's the dream and what I'd like to see personally.

However, Sony's bigger problem is that they have nothing else. They need a decent franchise any franchise, and they don't have one. Ghostbusters was supposed to be that something now they're back to nothing. Until they create a Harry Potter verse, or Fast & Furious verse, or DC verse, or anything

Then again I'm also hoping Amy is just trying to use that as a negotiation tactic. Also how much stroke does she have? Tom Rothman is running the show there now. Could she just be trying to poke the fan-base?

Poor Feige. All he wanted was to get Spider-Man to join the MCU :hehe: I think this Venom movie can be good or at least interesting with Hardy in the lead, but that Silver and Black movie...I dunno. It seems like Sony is just following trends here.

To a certain extent its understandable what sony are doing because they obviously wanna squeeze the cash out of this cash cow and while marvel (and even fox) are producing several movies a year now all Sony really have is spider-man and unless marvel agree to throw in all this set up for venom, black cat ect ect then all sony can really do is wait every 3 years for a new spider-man movie to cash in on and they probably do not wanna do that.

Best comparison to make is how the Netflix shows operate.

Not really, since the Netflix shows are very clearly set in the MCU. Whereas this Venom movie is. . . apparently set in a world where Homecoming happened, but not anything else?

But who knows maybe some behind the scenes discussions have happened? Sony trying to save face and Marvel trying to keep their hands on Spidey's secondary characters? At best I think we could get a Defenders situation where the shows are "in the MCU" but not REALLY in the MCU.

Okay, again, this is flat out false. The Defenders shows are, 100%, in the MCU. "Cameoing in the movies" is *not* the sole determinant of whether a show "counts".

People should stop complaining about too much Tony Stark in the Spider-man movie, while simultaneously saying that anything without constant movie crossovers is "not part of the setting". Those are contradictory and hypocritical.

Poor Feige. All he wanted was to get Spider-Man to join the MCU :hehe: I think this Venom movie can be good or at least interesting with Hardy in the lead, but that Silver and Black movie...I dunno. It seems like Sony is just following trends here.

Feige is like the rich father of the bride, with Tom Holland the young man who is marrying his daughter. Amy Pascal is like the mother of the groom who wants a say in the wedding. And Venom is like the drunk uncle who shows up at the wedding unannounced because he was invited by Pascal, and Feige has to just grin and bear it in order to not make a scene.

But why wouldn't Feige and Marvel want Venom involved at some point? I don't get it. Wouldn't doing a proper Venom vs. Spider-Man movie be huge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"