Sony to buy Bungie for $3.6B

So 2/3 of the $1.2B in deferred payments to employees will be paid out by the 2 year mark. There might be a bunch of rich Bungie guys ready to leave after that lol.

I havent played Destiny 2 since it came out but I feel the issue is that a lot of the "Raids" have barely a semblance of a story to go along with it, and through the Raid itself there isnt a narrative unless you dug through Codexs (at least in D1 and D2 launch). I guess playing WoW for years made me expect a story to go along with a raid since each Dungeon, especially in the later xpacs, had a story progress through the dungeons.
Sounds cool. I want to get into Warcraft at some point

I havent played Destiny 2 since it came out but I feel the issue is that a lot of the "Raids" have barely a semblance of a story to go along with it, and through the Raid itself there isnt a narrative unless you dug through Codexs (at least in D1 and D2 launch). I guess playing WoW for years made me expect a story to go along with a raid since each Dungeon, especially in the later xpacs, had a story progress through the dungeons.

Never played WoW so can't compare, but honestly some of the best story is actually in the raids, these days. They last few expansions they've really fleshed out the raids to impact the overall game world too. E.g. in the Dreaming City, the entire biome is either pretty and pure or totally corrupted, depending on how many players cleared the evil in the raid that week etc. Stuff like that is a nice touch to make all the game modes feel like they actually exist in a shared world.

I didn’t realise Destiny 2 was so big these days. Definitely want to catch up on both games when my friends group is ready to. Played a lot of the first but not sure if I’ve started 2 at all.

You listed them in order of size. :yay: Sony could afford Sega but I'm not sure if they would be interested unless they are really committed to the pc side. I think they're a better fit for Microsoft's pc game pass ambitions adding the likes of Total War, Football Manager and Championship Manager to Starcraft and Warcraft. Relic, Creative Assembly and Sports Interactive added to Blizzard (and their Age of Empires studio World's Edge) would likely start getting some pc gamers to take notice.
I was just thinking of the IPs that those publishers own. This way Sony would own GTA, Tekken, Final Fantasy, and Persona. That would even out the playing field as far as industry consolidation goes.

I was just thinking of the IPs that those publishers own. This way Sony would own GTA, Tekken, Final Fantasy, and Persona. That would even out the playing field as far as industry consolidation goes.
I think they could technically afford both Sega and Square Enix if they wanted to go all out. The others seem too big, especially if combined with anyone else. Square Enix seems like the best fit, but at the same time they are managing to get a bunch of their stuff exclusive without having to pay much. I’m sure many conversations are going on right now, for deals in general rather than just acquisitions. Maybe Capcom in the mix too.

I think they could technically afford both Sega and Square Enix if they wanted to go all out. The others seem too big, especially if combined with anyone else. Square Enix seems like the best fit, but at the same time they are managing to get a bunch of their stuff exclusive without having to pay much. I’m sure many conversations are going on right now, for deals in general rather than just acquisitions. Maybe Capcom in the mix too.
If Sony doesn't buy them, Microsoft will. Nobody is gonna want a Ps5 if GTA 6 is exclusive to Series S|X

Adapting ahead of regulation: a principled approach to app stores - Microsoft On the Issues

To be clear, Microsoft will continue to make Call of Duty and other popular Activision Blizzard titles available on PlayStation through the term of any existing agreement with Activision. And we have committed to Sony that we will also make them available on PlayStation beyond the existing agreement and into the future so that Sony fans can continue to enjoy the games they love. We are also interested in taking similar steps to support Nintendo’s successful platform. We believe this is the right thing for the industry, for gamers and for our business.

They could just mean the future of Warzone, that's it.
After reading the whole link it seems they are trying to be as open as possible on this Activision deal, likely to make getting it past regulators more easily.

After reading the whole link it seems they are trying to be as open as possible on this Activision deal, likely to make getting it past regulators more easily.
yeah I heard they wanna put call of duty on the Switch. that makes it sound like there never even has been one on that system before if that's the case I didn't even know that

yeah I heard they wanna put call of duty on the Switch. that makes it sound like there never even has been one on that system before if that's the case I didn't even know that
Hopefully it works out fine for you and CoD on PS. :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"