Bungie what now???

Okay, I'll spoil as little as possible...

After the typical ending of Halo 3...

...you then cut to an exterior view of the
Chief's half of the ship
drifting through space. As the camera pivots, following the ship, we see a planet emerge from the corner of the camera's eye. As it comes into full view, a nearby star illuminates the surface of the planet, revealing it's surface is completely covered by network of futuristic structures. That's basically the description of the planet/ship Marathon.

Intresting??? I still haven't been able to get Halo 3 but I already know so much. Hmm, Marathon and Halo are one in the same. I wish they would create an entirely new game that linked the two together.
YUM Halo and Marathon mixed two please

Intresting??? I still haven't been able to get Halo 3 but I already know so much. Hmm, Marathon and Halo are one in the same. I wish they would create an entirely new game that linked the two together.
YUM Halo and Marathon mixed two please

I was lead to believe that
MasterChief is just re-awakened from cryosleep after about 200 years and becomes the player character in Marathon.

Well, WHF....I'm not sure about that.
I kinda got the impression that

751371.jpg

1155819180244.jpg

1162883988462.jpg

See, thats what I was thinking, Gammy

Hey, here's an idea. What about the ULTIMATE PREQUEL to Halo:

A game based on what happened to the Forerunners. Political intrigue. Betrayal. Why humanity had to rebuild itself. It could be quite enlightening.

Why do people keep saying they're going to return to Marathon, or that they want them too? You'd be switching out one sci-fi FPS for another sci-fi FPS. If Bungie is leaving Halo on the shelf for a while, I'm sure they're going to pursue something other than what they've been doing for 7-8 years now.

Why do people keep saying they're going to return to Marathon, or that they want them too? You'd be switching out one sci-fi FPS for another sci-fi FPS. If Bungie is leaving Halo on the shelf for a while, I'm sure they're going to pursue something other than what they've been doing for 7-8 years now.

But they really don't have to make another Halo/Marathon FPS game. It could be a different type of game set in that universe.

Or it could be another new IP. But I really doubt Bungie is done with the Halo/Marathon universe. They'll just make other things too.

Halo could support 1-2 different genre's, marathon probably not. And I doubt they'll ever return to Marathon, it just wasn't that popular in the grand scheme of things, and most of it made it's way into the much more popular Halo anyways. They'd be more likely to return to Myth I think.

I was lead to believe that
MasterChief is just re-awakened from cryosleep after about 200 years and becomes the player character in Marathon.

that doesnt make any sense though, as Cortana is gone, the chiefs armor would be totally different (he was a Mark 4 cyborg in Marathon, and Chiefs armor is Mark 6), technology would have taken a huge slide downward from what they had, the aliens are all different, and the fact that the character in Marathon is actually the same character from the game Pathways To Darkness already makes it impossible for him to also be the Master Chief...they could remake Marathon, saying that in the new universe, it's Master Chief, but in the original game, it's totally impossible for the characters to be one in the same...

that doesnt make any sense though, as Cortana is gone, the chiefs armor would be totally different (he was a Mark 4 cyborg in Marathon, and Chiefs armor is Mark 6), technology would have taken a huge slide downward from what they had, the aliens are all different, and the fact that the character in Marathon is actually the same character from the game Pathways To Darkness already makes it impossible for him to also be the Master Chief...they could remake Marathon, saying that in the new universe, it's Master Chief, but in the original game, it's totally impossible for the characters to be one in the same...
They're as closely tied together as is possible when using different IPs. Marathon and Halo are even more similar than Bioshock and System Shock. Cortana may not be in Marathon, but there was definitely an AI that went rogue when connected to a large database.

every Halo game needs the Master Chief. thats just how I feel about new Halo games.

Yeah, I wouldnt mind seeing a Halo prequel with Johnson as the main character, like they're doing with the Contact Harvest book.

And Halo is more of a spiritual sucsessor to Marathon than being directly tied to it at all, and Bungie have said they're not in the same universe. A Marathon remake that picks up from the end of Halo 3 would be great though.

Yeah, I wouldnt mind seeing a Halo prequel with Johnson as the main character, like they're doing with the Contact Harvest book.

And Halo is more of a spiritual sucsessor to Marathon than being directly tied to it at all, and Bungie have said they're not in the same universe. A Marathon remake that picks up from the end of Halo 3 would be great though.

I never read the books, but now it seems the consensus is that the
planet at the end of Halo 3 is Onyx, not Marathon like it seemed previously.

I never read the books, but now it seems the consensus is that the
planet at the end of Halo 3 is Onyx, not Marathon like it seemed previously.

that's totally impossible, Onyx was totally destroyed at the end of the book, people saying that dont know what they're talking about...all that's left of Onyx is gravity and billions of sentinels

So maybe the
Sentinels... reformed?

the planet wasnt made of sentinels, it was, essentially, and inside out planet, with the sun on the inside, and reversed gravity...it was totally destroyed at the end of the book

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"