The Amazing Spider-Man Aunt May Reboot?

Artistsean

Monkey Boy
Reaction score
In the movie Spider-Man, Aunt May was an elderly source of love and advice. They sort of side stepped what Aunt May used to be in the comics, an Aunt who worried about poor Fragile Peter. Who hated Spider-Man, and was a source of worry for Peter, her finding out he was Spider-Man, her health problems, her reminding Peter of Uncle Ben.
I have heard some one mention how they were glad they didn't use the way Aunt May was originally portrayed in the comics, too annoying.

So how should she be portrayed in the movie reboot?
She they have her be the Aunt always worried about Peter?
Worrying about him watching such violence on the news because he is fragile?
Or maybe Ultimate Aunt May, who is sort of the strict disciplinarian?

What type of Aunt May do you want, what part of the Spider-Man story should be be?

Last edited:
I definitely think Raimi got it right with Aunt May. The plotlines of Aunt May hating Spider-Man would make people not like May herself and essentially as she's very important to Peter, she should be important to us and likeable.

I think maybe she should have a stricter disciplinary side, especially since Peter seems like he might be very young in this, but making her hate Spider-Man would be a bad idea. Essentially the sweet eldery sage mother but give her a bit of a disciplinary side would be the best way to go with May in this.

Aunt May did not hate Spider-Man in the comics. How could sweet old (fragile) Aunt May hate anyone? She mistrusted Spider-Man. Probably thought he was a vigilante, trouble maker, dangerous (especially since Peter took pictures of him) or somesuch.

But not hate. But Definitely not Trust, and deffinitely NOT his biggest fan as she comes off in the Raimi verse.

I prefer the sweet ole fragile Aunt May, a true lady who is so sweet how could ANYONE not like her. Fragile, in poor health and finances, that adds to the worries and feelings of responsibility for Peter due to the loss of Uncle Ben.

The loss of Uncle Ben has affected Aumt May's health (worry) and definitely her financial situation.

She is a constant reminder to Peter that with Great Power comes Great Responsibility. And especially the consequences of NOT using his power to protect the innocent.

Besides, it sets up a potential GREAT storyline of Aunt May's discovery of Peter's secret... and possible death arc.

Aunt May & Uncle Ben don't have to be portrayed as being elderly all the time.
Aunt May should be a couple of decades younger than what Rosemary Harris was in the original trilogy & not british unless she came to New York on the Titanic:hehe: but then that would be impossible since the Titanic sunk in 1912.:o Whether they use a younger or older Aunt May maybe she could be the child of an immigrant who married the american Ben Parker which would explain her having a british accent but they don't have to purposely make Aunt May british.

Making Aunt May younger would definitely help if they ever hooked her up with J. Jonah Jameson like what happened in the comics or so I have read online.

Besides, it sets up a potential GREAT storyline of Aunt May's discovery of Peter's secret... and possible death arc.
Damn, that was another great piece of work, loved that story.

I think Aunt May should be like she was in the JMS run. That was my favorite version of Aunt May ever. I absolutely hated her character in the comics before that run.

So Hate was too strong a word for what I meant.
In the original comics Aunt May disliked Spider-Man, but what i was actually wondering was should they use the version who was always worried about Peter?
Worried he didn't get enough to eat? Not wanting him to watch a scary movie because it would give him nightmares, always saying how fragile Peter was. And always trying to set him up with MJ. Having Health problems?
Since Peter will be in High School, is that the version they should go with?

Or should they go with a tougher Aunt May, giving Peter a strict cerfew and grounding him and such? Like in the Ultimate Comics?

Or should they go with the Raimi version? The kind loving Aunt May, giving Peter advice, full of love, and maybe even liking Spider-Man?

May they can use a combination of two of these or all of them? I think it might be too soon for her to find out he is Spider-Man. But they should leave that option open.
One thing I read recently was Aunt May kept feeling faint and didn't want Peter to know because he would worry so she hid it from him.
That sounded a lot like Peter, not wanting Aunt May to worry so keeping things from her. I think they should show parallels to Peter and Aunt May in the movie, to show that they are similar.

On a side note, even though its not what I created the thread for, I do want to hear some talk about Peter's parents. Or at least a photo of them in the Parker house.

For the sake of doing something different, I'd say the Ultimate version but mixed in with the still loving one. She can be firm, but also be supportive and help Peter when he needs it.

I never like the comic or the 90's animated version of Aunt May. She was annoying.

Reminded me of my own grandmother. Worries too much.

She should get her own superpowers...from the devil...and fight werewolves.

No, she needs to be Carnage.

73331250582152728147473.jpg

:awesome:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back