Spawn Thread

the last son

Superhero
Reaction score
Sorry could not find any other threads and I have recently got into Spawn and think this character is very intriguing and would love to see him done right on film. I read that a few years ago Macfarlane said he had a script that was close to being done. White said he would like to reprise his role which I am not against because I feel he has matured as an actor. Scary and creepy should be the vibe with action being a part of it but not the base of the movie. Anyone else with me?

I like it too but I want to see something rated R. WHite said he would like to push it past R maybe into NC-17 and I like that idea.

I just found the animated series on youtube. All I can say is wow is this amazing. This challenges BTAS for my favorite animated show. I'm halfway through. It's a shame only 18 episodes. Keith David is brilliant. The whole cast is. I want to see this on big screen

Finished the animated series and I;m shocked it didn't have a 4th season. Did the show have flaws sure. The biggest one being lack of action. I mean we never got to see Spawn let loose. We got close when he let off on that cyborg. But Keith David rocked as spawn. I give that show an A-

As a kid I liked the last movie but it certainly hasnt aged well. That being said I do think the character should get another shot on the big screen, but done really dark this time, kinda like the new Judge Dredd movie.

Yea I guess I didn't write it here but I as White said I would love to see a NC-17 spawn movie. Creepy and scary blended with occasional action but the first two need to come first.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/whi...attached-to-play-spawn-in-the-upcoming-reboot

Todd McFarlane:
I continue to write a page here and there… we’ve got a guy waiting in the sidelines who’s an Academy Award winning actor who phones every three weeks going “Todd, where’s the script? Where’s the script?"

He came out to the office, he gave me his pitch, I gave him my pitch and he was like “Huh? Fine, let’s do your gig” and the pitch I gave him was that we could then do ten of these for the next ten years and he didn’t have to be 22 for the rest of his life.

The plan would be to do the movie, bring the movie out and then go back on TV with the animation like we did the first time… we’ve got 90 minutes all set, ready to go, other than just sending it to an animation house. We’ve done all the voice recordings, we’ve done all the backgrounds…

If I had to guess what Oscar winner I think I would go with Jamie Foxx

Jamie Foxx just isn't big enough for the role. It's the same problem I had with White, he just didn't have the presence needed to make Spawn work.

Personally I´d say go with a big guy in a suit and do voice over with a good actor like Keith David. This has the added benefit of not having an actor demanding that the mask be constantly off so that people can see his face.

Academy winner? It can only be foxx, will smith(who I really doubt would play such a violent character, even though I wouldn't mind him, denzel Washington who is way too old personally, who yea I have to think foxx is who it is I love foxx but I can't really see him as spawn. Any chance he would change spawn's race? I hope not.

Yea I guess I didn't write it here but I as White said I would love to see a NC-17 spawn movie. Creepy and scary blended with occasional action but the first two need to come first.

Yeah, the animated series was closer to NC-17 than the actual movie. I would like to see a Spawn directed by Del Toro. Keith David does has the perfect voice, but I didn't like Jai White's physical portrayal. His Spawn seemed a little too bulky, and his head seemed too big, which threw me off. A taller, slimmer, yet athletic built actor would be a better fit. Mechad Brooks, who play T.K. on Necessary Roughness would be perfect physically as Spawn, with Keith David doing voice over.

Last edited:
This guy has been saying this stuff for YEARS... and nothing has come to fruition.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I think the Spawn movie was great when it originally came out. I can still remember all of the hype over the CG work that was done on his cape when he fell through the skylight. At the time, it was cutting edge. :)

I really do wish Todd would go back and create a dark and gritty version. Spawn has been one of my favorite characters for YEARS. In fact, it was one of the first comics that I ever picked up. Started collecting at issue 9, I believe. And as for the animated series, it was nothing short of phenomenal. It was what the movie should have been but really couldn't. And yes to the idea of giving Spawn the Darth Vader treatment (faceless person in suit, good voiceover...Keith David. )

Come on, Todd...your loyal Spawn fans await!

You'd think with the popularity of Spawn, studios would be all over this character, what w/CBM's being huge box office now.

I've seen some clips of that Jackie Robinson flick, and if they're going younger, Chadwick Boseman is my choice for the new Al Simmons.

I would really love to see this happen and really can't believe they haven't gotten the ball rolling on this project.

Spider-man, Batman, Superman, Thor...

What are the chances of a non-American playing the next Spawn?

I don't know if Spawn is that important for them to go the Aussie/Brit route. :o

Haha, he may as well just play every brother in the comic world. We can't even find anybody else. Anthony Mackie is basically Elba in disguise a la Kirk Lazarus.

After Django if given the right direction I'm starting to warm up to Foxx as Spawn

Anybody else been watching "Spawn Year"? Captain Logan just covered the movie (again):

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"