• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Spider-Jay420's Collection Thread

Rest assured, they are safe and in storage for the time being.

And I do want to sell some stuff, but I am in a different state then they are. I'll need an assistant to go through and individually take pictures and ship them out for me. Someone who'll work for...well, free.

are you done collecting? Moving? just taking up too much room so you're storing some? what's the deal here...........

You gotta at least at do a kick a** mini display at your new condo. Looking forward to seeing that. Thats too much good stuff to stay in boxes.

are you done collecting? Moving? just taking up too much room so you're storing some? what's the deal here...........

No. Moving my stuff out of my condo in MI. I gotta put in storage while we lease it and I don't have enough room for it in FL. I probably have about 20 or so long and short boxes filled with mostly comics and all my loose Legends. I also found I have a bunch of the old Toy Biz Animated Spider-Man figures all MOC packed up in boxes I never even opened from when I moved out of my folks house. Star Wars on the green and orange cards, Spider-Man movie figures, Batman movie figures, just a bunch of stuff.

It's gonna be a while, but eventually a lot of that stuff is going up on eBay.

I gotta throw some pics up of my empty shelves. Some before and after shots.

:woot:

Seeing all your guys stuff inspired me to show mine off. Sorry for the bad picture quality, but enjoy!
09-28-07_0835.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

will ad more in a bit

nice mate!!! love how u got spidey hanging on a web

So way back in April, I asked my LCS guy to order me a DCUC Flash and it finally has arrived...6 months later. Of course, I found one at TRU, which now resides in a box with the rest of my Justice League :csad: so I don't need 2.

So, again, I am putting it out there. Does anyone want it? I'm picking up it next week and I'll just eBay it if none of you Hypers want it, I just though I'd give you guys first crack. I gotta pay him 15 bucks for it, add another 3 for shipping and it's yours!! Or I'll ship it loose for the $15 and call it a day.

Let me know.

Lookin' good, Longshot. You got a nice collection going on too. But, ML is the best toy line to come out in the last 10 years or so, how could you not be into them??

thanks

yeah marvel legends are cool especially when you display them like you did.

but i was in to Dc Direct and got to Marvel Legends late. SO I only got F4 and some Avengers and X-men.

But now just to buy the ones you have will cost a fortune.

I use to see ALL of them in Toys R Us and walmart and I couldve bought them but now Ebay has them double the price or more:csad:

Thanks dude.

Yeah, it helps when you were there from the beginning. There's no way I would have this many figures if I had to go back and get them now! The stuff you have looks cool though. That Giant Man was a pain in the ass for me to get. Congrats on him!

So, uh, The FLASH ?? .... DCUC?

anybody?

:awesome:

Last edited:
I got rid of my Flash, so he's gone.

Anybody want the 80's Iron Man that came with Maria Hill?

Trade or ca$h, whatever works...

New stuff:

I found sue and Johnny and Skrull/Kree at TRU. Retail baby!

100_0401.jpg

102_4821.jpg

It'll be nice to put them all together.

100_0402.jpg

100_0404.jpg

100_0403.jpg

100_0405.jpg

I miss my flight stands.

100_0399.jpg

Spideyboy, I'm ready if you still wanna trade my Kree for a Super-Skrull.

Iron Man is available too.

Hey Spider Jay,

Are you going to collect the DC Universe Classics???

I might jump on that coz I missed out on Marvel Legends but now DC Universe Classics is getting up there in price:doh:

And also what strings do you use and how did you stick them on top to make your figures fly???

Like Sentry and Ms. Marvel, where did you tie their strings on their body and what did you use to make them stick on the roof of that rack???

I'm not much for DC. I've got the Justice League's "Big 7", but that's it for me.

As far as suspending figures, I'm very simple. I just use thread and tie the ends into a slip knot. One loop around an ankle or a shoulder, the other around a thumb tack. That wood on the shelves is corkboard, I think. It's real easy to push a tack in there. Hell, most of the time the tacks are barely even in the wood, slap a piece of tape over the thread to hold it, and you're done.

Ms Marvel's got a loop just above her boobs, and another around her ankle.

Sentry's is around the top of his cape and another around his ankle too.

With the flight stands, I just taped the hell out of them. Each stand probably had about 7 or 8 layers of tape over them.

Cheap, fast and easy. That's how I roll.

Thanks for being a fan.

Cool thanks for the info.

DC Universe Classics collectors should pose their figs like you did with Marvel Legends.

I mean they both have the same articulation but they just stand them with the same generic pose.

I would expect if from DC Direct coz they are more like statues no articulation but very detailed.

However the DC Universe Classics line can compete with Marvel Legends in articulation and people who has them still pose all of their heroes the same way standing up with their arms to the sides.:csad:

So again great job on making your figures look like "actual" super-heroes!!

Thanks Longshot.

Yeah, I always believe Use that articulation as much as you can. That's what it's for. It's such a waste to have a bunch of great, well articulated figures and have them all standing in a row. Action, baby!!

But it's weird because here comes my double-standard. With the DC figures, I like them better just standing there. I could've taken my Justice League and posed them all actiony, but they look more appropriate, to me, in a row. It's weird.

The DCUC artic is good. But I prefer the Legends' better. I don't like the DC "Swinging crotch joint", whatever it's called, and the mid thigh swivel kinda bugs me too. I thnk the Legends are better designed.

Yeah it's true DC characters looks more super heroic just by standing up-right

that is why I got the DC Direct Alex Ross Justice figures which meant to look iconic just by standing.

But now they have DCUniverse Classics and to me it just doesn't look right for them just standing with all those curves unlike DC Direct which looks good "just standing" because of it's "smooth exterior." DC Direct's Justice are more like statues so it does look good just standing.

As for the DCU Classics, well they wont look good in a Spiderman pose, or a Nightcrawler pose, or even a Wolverine, Cap. America, or Hulk pose...

...But at least we can have them on an awesome flying pose :cwink:

How do you guys recommend storing the Marvel Legends figures? Currently I have my figures in packaging, (I would display if I could bring myself to open them). Right now all my ML figures are all over my bookshelfs and desktops (in packaging) and I just moreso want to protect them lol, and reclaim my home-office space, lol.

I also have some Build A figures...

What I wanted to do was just bubble wrap all of them and then buy individual boxes for each figure/box set.

I love the collections/ poses/etc...lol

What I wanted to do was just bubble wrap all of them and then buy individual boxes for each figure/box set.

I love the collections/ poses/etc...lol

That sounds like a great way to me. I just laid mine on top of each other in boxes, but your way sounds better.

That sounds like a great way to me. I just laid mine on top of each other in boxes, but your way sounds better.

I used to do that with my Star Wars collectibles...lol...

...I'm going to try the bubble wrap/box way...but I think it'll be kinda costly...Who sells boxes, wrap, and tape fairly cheap?...lol

...I wanted to buy mailing boxes, but aren't they kinda expensive?

I don't know. Any shipping/moving store will be expensive. I'd try Walmart or Kmart or any other Marts near you.

As far as boxes go, I got a bunch of boxes behind Target and TRU and grocery stores. Be careful though, some will have crud and slime and disgusting **** on them, but if you can navigate through that, there will be good boxes in there. Big ones though, not to individually box figures, but like, all X-Men or Avengers in the same box. That's what I did.

after thinking about it some more, your MOC ML's, I don't think you really need to bubble wrap them. I'm sure you have some comic long boxes around, right? I put a bunch of my MOCs in those. I just stacked 'em against each other like Tetris, wave one in a box, wave 2 in a box, like that. The bubble wrap, to me, just seems like an unneeded step.

Last edited:
I don't know. Any shipping/moving store will be expensive. I'd try Walmart or Kmart or any other Marts near you.

As far as boxes go, I got a bunch of boxes behind Target and TRU and grocery stores. Be careful though, some will have crud and slime and disgusting **** on them, but if you can navigate through that, there will be good boxes in there. Big ones though, not to individually box figures, but like, all X-Men or Avengers in the same box. That's what I did.

after thinking about it some more, your MOC ML's, I don't think you really need to bubble wrap them. I'm sure you have some comic long boxes around, right? I put a bunch of my MOCs in those. I just stacked 'em against each other like Tetris, wave one in a box, wave 2 in a box, like that. The bubble wrap, to me, just seems like an unneeded step.

Thanks!

Tetris...lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"