• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Spider-Man 2: The End Swinging

itsleroy

Civilian
Reaction score
Okay so - remember how in the first two Spider-Man films we always had like a minute of Spider-Man swinging, doing a bunch of cool acrobatic moves and stuff? Did we ever get an explanation for the stunt double waving his hand after letting go of the strand of web?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch the last scene of Spider-Man 2. It's so obvious, how did the editor not catch this mistake? I don't think Peter Parker was saying hi..

I just watched the scene on Youtube and didn't spot what you're talking about. But, since the entire sequence is CGI, if it's there, it was intentional. Maybe they were paying homage to the 60's cartoon opening where Spidey swings by waving at the camera. In the movie it could've been Spidey waving at onlookers or the choppers that are following him.

There is a really bad bit of physics during the SM2 end swing. At one point he lets go of his web line and basically flies around a corner, very tellingly it's this little bit they cut from the scene when they re-used it at the start of SM3.

Last edited:
Whether they did or not, I don't really think it took away fromt he greatness of that end swing.

I've probably seen this movie a hundred times and never notice this stuff.

.. In the end swing. Come on guys, when he flies out from the side of the building holding the web, he waves his hand!

Well, this is odd..

.. Am I the only one whose ever noticed this?

Maybe. That means you got.. the special eye! :wow:

Haha I just really checked the scene after reading this thread.. now it looks like he stares right at the camera, at one point. And other stuff, too -- but maybe it's just my mind..

Well he's not waving. No one waves like that (As a gesture toward someone). It might've been a glitch with the CG Model that they didn't want to re-render. It can take days to weeks to render those two seconds. They probably figured it's such an incredibly minor thing.. Who cares really?

Between the theater, DVD and YouTube, I've probably watched that sequence over 100 times and have never come close to noticing this. :confused: :dry:

I also noticed that around the 4:22 mark, he winks at the camera. 4th wall breaking?

Looks to me like he's waving at the firetrucks

To me it's like he's going 'agh! I got some of that web stuck to my hand! get off!'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"