Spider-man 3: The comparison Poll

It does not look as good as the previous two...

a few reasons.

1) The change that Sandman killed Ben is enough to take the steam out of it for me.

2) Raimi didnt want Venom in it, and it seems to show. Eddie Brock is in most of the film, and near the end he becomes Venom. More than Likely venom will be beaten by Spidey in the final fight, which im guessing will happen mere minutes after Venom comes into existence since, again...Eddie is Eddie through the majority of the film.

Now, these concerns may be for naught...maybe he will become Venom in the very end and part 4 will be all about Venom, instead of what appears to be a rush through his character. Maybe Sandman killing Ben will be handled well...but for part 1 and 2 there were no worries at all...the movies looked good and I wasnt sitting at the computer hoping everything works out in the end.

spidermanhero12 said:
spidey3 will be the best of the franchise and will beat the first two, no doubt about it. spidey3 will be the best spider-man movie ever!.
Wow, someone has high expectations....

From what I've seen so far Spidey 3 definently looks darker than the first two, but I'm not too sure about better. We're going to have to wait for May 4th to see if it surpasses Spidey 2.

Some good thoughts. The last 2 people that posted bring up excellent points. Although i don't mind the venom, uncle ben killer thing we still have to be prepared if spider-man 3 isnt as good, that way it wont be as huge a dissapointment. I do think it "looks" the best though.

lordofthenerds said:
Wow, someone has high expectations....

From what I've seen so far Spidey 3 definently looks darker than the first two, but I'm not too sure about better. We're going to have to wait for May 4th to see if it surpasses Spidey 2.
the first movie made $114 million opening weekend and had loads of action along with a great storyline and origin. the second movie was amazing and had great battles and the train sequence was very exciting plus the story was entertaining and very interesting. the third movie looks to be the best because of the villians, the story, the new characters, the black suit and bringing these villians and characters to the big screen will of course make the franchise even better in every way.

the love triangle of the movie will be a big twist because peter and mj love eachother so much and is a heart warmer to all of us fans, gwen comes and interupts that who also is attracted to peter. the visual effects in this movie will defenitley blow me away. plus these characters have grown up since the first and second movie which will be very interesting to see. this will be the most cgi in a spidey movie which is a great thing.

In the action stakes, it looks like this one will mop the floor with the previous two. Which is great considering how awesome Spider-Man 2's action was.

As far as characterization and story goes, that is really up in the air right now. Could go either way.

Yeah, I still have the question in my head, of how the hell are they going to pull this movie off? Talk about a lot of ground to cover. Of course that's also what I'm excited about, it's easy to handle a movie with one villain. This is just a whole new ball game, and I want to see how they play it.

It does look better. The good and the best thing about all this, is that the same crew that did the previous ones are making this. They're very intelligent and knows what we want to see, cause we already gave thumps up up! to the second one which is, in my opinion, the best superhero movie to date.

Don't know how good this one is going to be, I need to see the final trailer, with snippets of all the action sequences. So far we have 4: 2 with Sandman, 1 with Green Goblin #2 (perhaps 2 fights?) and the Venom one. We had 3 with Doc Ock, add the love triangle, the black suit, Norman Osborn...THIS WILL KICK @SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D!

I was more pumped for the release of Spider-Man 2 than I am now for Spider-Man 3. I was just blown away by that trailer for S2 that premiered during "The Apprentice" but nothing has gotten me as excited so far from what I have seen from S3. And keep in mind, I have seen not only the official trailer, but the leaked comic con one as well as the leaked trailer with the Ant Farm watermark on it and the clear shot of Venom at the end.

I'm sure the movie will still be really good but so far it doesn't look as good as S2, IMO. There seems to be too many characters in this one, someone will get shafted with screentime and character development. I just think they should have saved Venom for another film. I don't like Raimi introducing Gwen this late in the series. Couldn't he have just used Betty Brant as the new romantic interest caught in between Brock and Parker?

I don't like the idea of Flint Marko being involved in the death of Uncle Ben. I wish we could have gotten the spider-man symbiote costume from the comics. Plus, Peter's emo haircut looks awful and so does Harry's costume as The New Goblin. I also wish we could have gotten a symbiote suit that mimics clothing(judging from some pics I've seen where you can see the black costume underneath his clothes, this does not appear to be the case).

It's for the above reasons and the fact that I wasn't blown away by the Spider-Man 3 trailer that I think Spider-Man 2 will remain the best in the series.

It looks absolutely terrific... but I don't see it topping the amazingness of Spider-Man 2.

Mainly because I'm biased as hell and just don't see any superhero movie ever topping Spidey 2, personally, but hey... I'm willing to be surprised. ;)

FlawlessVictory said:
I was more pumped for the release of Spider-Man 2 than I am now for Spider-Man 3. I was just blown away by that trailer for S2 that premiered during "The Apprentice" but nothing has gotten me as excited so far from what I have seen from S3. And keep in mind, I have seen not only the official trailer, but the leaked comic con one as well as the leaked trailer with the Ant Farm watermark on it and the clear shot of Venom at the end.

I'm sure the movie will still be really good but so far it doesn't look as good as S2, IMO. There seems to be too many characters in this one, someone will get shafted with screentime and character development. I just think they should have saved Venom for another film. I don't like Raimi introducing Gwen this late in the series. Couldn't he have just used Betty Brant as the new romantic interest caught in between Brock and Parker?

I don't like the idea of Flint Marko being involved in the death of Uncle Ben. I wish we could have gotten the spider-man symbiote costume from the comics. Plus, Peter's emo haircut looks awful and so does Harry's costume as The New Goblin. I also wish we could have gotten a symbiote suit that mimics clothing(judging from some pics I've seen where you can see the black costume underneath his clothes, this does not appear to be the case).

It's for the above reasons and the fact that I wasn't blown away by the Spider-Man 3 trailer that I think Spider-Man 2 will remain the best in the series.
marko being involved in unlce bens death is suppose to be one of the huge twists of the movie and is also is suppose to set the tone for the film which is revenge. peters emo haircut looks great because it adds effect to how dark the symbiote is making him and harrys suit is great because he is just out for revenge on peter in which he thinks peter killed his father.

why save venom for another film though? this is the exact right time to introduce venom and besides he s a fan favorite and i am one of venoms biggest fans. this movie looks to be the best of the series and defenitley will be watch the trailer again and it will prove why this film will rock.

the trailer sure blew me away. gwen does not have a big role in this film but she will have a bigger role in a sequel and it is a great time to introduce her. sam is the best at doing these spidey movies and i defenitley think not only will this be the best spidey movie but it will be the best superhero movie ever.

spidermanhero12 said:
marko being involved in unlce bens death is suppose to be one of the huge twists of the movie and is also is suppose to set the tone for the film which is revenge.

I realize this and I still don't like the idea of Marko being at all involved in Uncle Ben's death. Can we at least have one villain that doesn't have a personal connection to Parker? And if it's such a huge twist, then why is it revealed in the trailer?

spidermanhero12 said:
peters emo haircut looks great because it adds effect to how dark the symbiote is making him

So, part of the symbiote's evil effect is making you wanna change your hair to the menacing emo hairstyle.

spidermanhero12 said:
and harrys suit is great because he is just out for revenge on peter in which he thinks peter killed his father.

So, because Harry is out for revenge, it automatically makes his suit great?

spidermanhero12 said:
why save venom for another film though?

Because Peter/Spider-Man dealing with Harry and Sandman is more than enough for one film, IMO.

spidermanhero12 said:
this is the exact right time to introduce venom

I disagree, there are already too many characters in the movie.

spidermanhero12 said:
gwen does not have a big role in this film but she will have a bigger role in a sequel and it is a great time to introduce her.

Sounds like Raimi can do no wrong for you. Introducing Gwen this late in the series, to me, is pointless. I'd much rather see Betty Brant get more screentime.

spidermanhero12 said:
sam is the best at doing these spidey movies and i defenitley think not only will this be the best spidey movie but it will be the best superhero movie ever.

Despite some of the things I don't like about the film so far, I'm sure the movie will still be really good. I still think though that Spider-Man 2 will be tops in the series.

^ by what we have seen and heard about this movie, the story, the characters, the villians, the symbiote, harrys suit, peters symbiote haircut. everything will work out. i am positivley sure this movie will rule the first two.

spidermanhero12 said:
marko being involved in unlce bens death is suppose to be one of the huge twists of the movie

How can it be a huge twist when they showed it in the trailer??

Doc Ock said:
How can it be a huge twist when they showed it in the trailer??
probably because that is what sets the tone for the movie or maybe sony just wanted to reveal it in the trailer.

spidermanhero12 said:
probably because that is what sets the tone for the movie or maybe sony just wanted to reveal it in the trailer.
...So that makes it not be a huge twist when everyone knows its going to happen. Its a plot device, and a lazy one.

lordofthenerds said:
...So that makes it not be a huge twist when everyone knows its going to happen. Its a plot device, and a lazy one.
there are probably more twists in this film though so that means that this would be only one of the twists.

spidermanhero12 said:
there are probably more twists in this film though so that means that this would be only one of the twists.
*slaps hand in face*

lordofthenerds said:
*slaps hand in face*
*blinks* j/k:woot: but seriously it is plot device that is used to set up whats to come in the film. though i do not think it is a lazy one.

spidermanhero12 said:
*blinks* j/k:woot: but seriously it is plot device that is used to set up whats to come in the film. thoygh i do not think it is a lazy one.
Then we beg to differ...

It doesnt look better but it looks just as good. I prefer to think of the Spidey movies as a whole and not seperately.

If done right, this whole 'Dark Peter' story could blow the 'Power Loss' of Spider-Man 2 out of the water. I have confidence that Sam will not screw up his trilogy.

Though Venom may have been forced on him, Sam will find a way to make it all work out, and deliver a great film.

Morzan said:
If done right, this whole 'Dark Peter' story could blow the 'Power Loss' of Spider-Man 2 out of the water. I have confidence that Sam will not screw up his trilogy.

Though Venom may have been forced on him, Sam will find a way to make it all work out, and deliver a great film.
exactly what i have been thinking.

Difficult to say. The previews look good, the story lines seem to be going good places (except maybe Sandman being the killer...I'm not sure if I'm going to like that), but for some reason trilogies seem to trip up in the third installment and often rather spectacularly. Much of that can be directorial change, though, so SM3 may prove its worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"