Spider-Man 3 Director's Cut Petition

Umm I guess since you cant give details on what the crap footage is there must be none.

Well after the credits roll at the begining, there's about 2 or so hours of it.

SM3 has some good scenes etc, however a few money shots doesn't make a film, there are so many issues about story and the character development that don't fit within the trilogy or the film as a whole, it feels very rushed and incongruent. The character discrepancies will still be in the DC, as will the poor acting. Whilst som emore development will be in there, Id oubt we'll get everything that we need for this to be half passable, like eddy brock being more of a central figure, the butler being more than a plot device etc.

You can't make a good film by adding good bits to a bad film.

How was the acting in the film bad? I thought all the actors did the best job on this one. It seemed like they all really stepped up on this one. Now it does feel a bit rushed I will give you that but its still a great movie. The only thing I really would have changed was the way the symbiote got to earth. In the making of spidey 3 book grant curtis said that sam raimi really wanted to put a heroic scene in the movie and thats where the crane scene came in. I think it would have been more heroic for spidey to save the john jameson from his spaceship like he did in the cartoon and then that would be the intro for the symbiote. Other than that though Im happy with the film.

How was the acting in the film bad? I thought all the actors did the best job on this one. It seemed like they all really stepped up on this one. Now it does feel a bit rushed I will give you that but its still a great movie. The only thing I really would have changed was the way the symbiote got to earth. In the making of spidey 3 book grant curtis said that sam raimi really wanted to put a heroic scene in the movie and thats where the crane scene came in. I think it would have been more heroic for spidey to save the john jameson from his spaceship like he did in the cartoon and then that would be the intro for the symbiote. Other than that though Im happy with the film.

There was no flow of acting, they would draw heavily upon sterotypes and clihe's to get across a point, rather than subtlety. Tobey has never mastered the art of wisecracking, and the performance of dark spidey, in terms of tone and delivery of dialogue was attrocious, I was not convinced by the acting from Maguire or Dunst at all. It was them moving the story on to the next action sequence etc, with little thought put on the pieces in between.

The quality of the acting (along with the cheesy humor and melodrama) has remained the same throughout all three films.

To people who were bothered by those things, I suggest rewatching the previous films. I think people's memories of SM1 & 2, coupled with initial disappointment for SM3, are masking the fact that all three movies are very much alike in terms of acting, drama, and humor. I would suggest rewatching the first two movies before putting them on a pedestal above SM3 - they're really very similar.

Which isn't a problem for me, as I've enjoyed the entire trilogy.:cwink:

"Ghost Rider" gets an extended edition (17 minutes longer!).... Who gives a flying ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spidey 3 had better get one too!!!!
cool! Ghost Rider >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SM3

Im not a member of the sony boards but over there they had planned on mailing the petition out once we got so many signatures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"