Animation Spider-Man: Freshman Year

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score

Very curious about which rogues will be involved, if any.

If Vulture is considered his first true supervillain MCU, then the pool of villains is probably gonna be pretty small. But...I'd hope that they would use this as an opportunity to focus down to earth criminals. So people like the Enforcers, Hammerhead, the Big Man, Tomsbtone, the Maggia, etc... Heck we already saw Mac Gargan as a criminal in Homecoming, so maybe they can him pop up in here. Maybe even some D-listers like the Big Wheel lol

So this is a prequel? Not a real problem (besides the continuity concerns), but I do wonder the reasoning behind that.

So this is a prequel? Not a real problem (besides the continuity concerns), but I do wonder the reasoning behind that.

if this is part of the MCU, there is going to be a arc of Spider-Man getting in contact with iron Man to join his team for Captain America: Civil War.

The press release for the show confirms it’s in the MCU so I assume it takes place pre-Civil War.

Is this freshman in university or freshman in high school? If university, then that would leave open the door for many more villains because he would've been Spider-Man for longer.

Is this freshman in university or freshman in high school? If university, then that would leave open the door for many more villains because he would've been Spider-Man for longer.
Freshman Year High School.

This seems to be the style they’re going with:

FEAnQWdWUAMaMGP

Last edited:
Freshman Year High School.

I can see this ending up like Smallville where he battles all his major foes before getting a proper costume and using the full extent of his powers.

What happens if this goes several seasons? How can it still be his freshman year?

I can see this ending up like Smallville where he battles all his major foes before getting a proper costume and using the full extent of his powers.

What happens if this goes several seasons? How can it still be his freshman year?

Given it's title, I doubt it's gonna be several seasons. If I had to guess, it's probably only going to be 1 and done. Peter mentions in Civil War that he got his powers 6 months prior. Gonna be a bit hard to stretch out 6 months into multiple seasons.

What is Freshman mean? Mean as in he new at being Man? Hard to believe since in all movie shown so far he just still be boy with uncertain look. He need more silent anger behavior, just look at Winter Solstice or Henry Superman. He need inject this trait type. Very CHARACTER. Very KRYSTOL

Given it's title, I doubt it's gonna be several seasons. If I had to guess, it's probably only going to be 1 and done. Peter mentions in Civil War that he got his powers 6 months prior. Gonna be a bit hard to stretch out 6 months into multiple seasons.

Well they stretched out a single weekend across a whole season for season 9 of How I Met Your Mother.

So I'm going to assume Peter Parker will be sporting the homemade suit from Homecoming and not the traditional Spider-Man outfit.
01_43.jpg

I also agree low level villains are what we need here. My guess is guys like the Enforcers, Hammerhead, and probably Chameleon are who we will see here

Also betting this is where we get our Uncle Ben fix

So is Hudson Thames going to voice Peter in this as he did in What If?

I cannot believe they are using this style for Spider-Man. I wish a term or phrase was invented for it, liberal faux nazi pencil pushers? But it’s more like stylus pen.
This seems to be the style they’re going with:

FEAnQWdWUAMaMGP
ncannot

Sorry I am sure my comment will incite hatred, and animosity but I just meant that it feels like to be more true to the origin of Peter you’d almost just have to take Miles Morale as a substitute these days instead, but they’re going for a 1960s look which are true to their roots of the character so that makes sense in a manner. Though, we just live in a tumultuous and dizzying time it’s still almost more so like the 80s what with the prevalence of eclectic and ever changing styles culture wise it’s a little irksome and irritating.

Andrew Garfield outright described Peter as a working class kid from queens though that’s often derisive that term and description, I just wonder if this is really gen z Peter Parker adequately, it feels really more so what the multi conglomerate mainstream media would rather represent then what the character wholly does but like I said it’s still almost like the 80s more so then 60s.

I kinda dig it. It has a Ditko feel to it.

Agree totally. Very cool retro design...

I'll say it again though, it is a bit perplexing how heavily the MCU is starting to embrace nostalgia with their latest projects. Perhaps it's a reaction to the muted public response to some of their 2021 efforts...

I still wanna see some cutting edge efforts along with the tried and true. Hopefully response to She-Hulk, MK, and Ms. Marvel will be very positive.

If nothing else, I hope this show kills the "Uncle Ben doesn't exist in the MCU" talk and that we can all move on and never mention the lack of Uncle Ben again

- First of all, hello. Second maybe if there are more seasons (which is likely) explain what happens between the time of the movies and maybe they change their name depending on the season.

83ektaa39i381.jpg

- For example, season one will be Freshman Year where we will see his origins and what happened to him before Civil War.

- The second season could be called Sophomore Year where we see what happened to Peter after Homecoming and before Infinity War.

- And the third season could be called Junior Year where we see what happened to Peter after Endgame and before FFH.

- Doing that could explain a lot of unresolved stuff from the home trilogy and also explain how Peter fell in love with MJ.

- They can even do a season based on NWH, where it shows Peter's last year of school after Mysterio reveals his identity and before his friends are rejected by MIT and before the whole multiverse thing happens.

- This would be the start of new possibilities for the MCU's Spider-Man.

- And they also fill in the gaps between the movies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"