Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 103

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy

:
Shocker-2.png

And this guy:
xspider-man-homecoming-shocker-donald-glover.png.pagespeed.ic.lMGVFXjUFo.jpg

Are both wearing Shocker-esque clothes. Bokeem Woodbine (the first pic) is confirmed to be playing Herman Schultz

So bookem is the real one and he's the one that gets an actually costume? But how do y'all know that other pic is fake. Those gauntlets look nothing like the ones in the pic you posted earlier

So bookem is the real one and he's the one that gets an actually costume? But how do y'all know that other pic is fake. Those gauntlets look nothing like the ones in the pic you posted earlier
'cause Alanta Filming & Marvelous Realm confirmed the old leaked pics from September to be fake. As for the new one, that came out of the official Vulture attack box-set from Hasbro. But interestingly enough, there doesn't appear to be any Shocker figure on the display itself or on the packaging.

Shocker's suit looks better than I expected (given that I thought he'd just look like he did in the trailer), but still not good.

-Take away the shoulder pads.
-Take away the silver color above his lenses and make the yellow part inbetween dark brown like in the comics.
-Make the area from his collar to the black/blue lines on his upper body the same yellow pattern as his mask.
-Make the red part of his upper body dark brown.
-Make his pants dark brown.
-Make his gauntlets look like those in the fake photos and have them shoot vibration blast, NOT electricity!

I guess if the blue part is actually black, it'd look fine if they took away the shoulder pads and made the red part dark brown.

:up:

It really is a shame how all the design choices to come from Homecoming have been meh at best to me.

• Spider-Man's suit could look so good if not for those unnecessary additions.
  • Vulture's design is okay (though I initially despised it) but a far departure from the 616 and even Ultimate design (despite it being Blackie instead of Adrian in USM).
  • Shocker has some things that make him familiar (i.e. the pineapple pattern) but odd choices of coloring and just design in general make it really underwhelming.
This movie is gonna be something.

So the minimates were revealed and oddly enough, they made a figure of Schultz in the hoodie costume as opposed to his actual costume:
Toy-Fair-2017-DST-Marvel-034.jpg
_

There's also this guy:
Toy-Fair-2017-DST-Marvel-035.jpg

That's almost certainly the Tinkerer. Only characters that are missing are the Homemade suit & the Toys R Us two pack with Iron Man & Happy

Who is the girl with the red hair? MJ?

Hey Harry, can you send me the link to the page that you got those minimate pics from

Does he base it on a real woman named Agnes?

Yeah I think you're right, and then at the end of the movie she is taken hostage by Vulture so Tony wears the Spider-Man suit to disguise as Peter so he can save her.

Maybe Aunt May is actually Aunt Mary Jane. :o

Well maybe MJ stands for May Jane Parker.

*Oh Yeah by Yello starts playing in the background*

If Tom Holland had been anything like Michael J Fox, then it could be a re-enactment of the scene from "The Secret of My Success" with that theme playing, where his aunt is chasing after him and there are all these shenanigans going on in different bedrooms with everyone thinking they're sneaking into someone else's room.

So when exactly does Shocker get his costume? Is it after he attacks Peter at Midtown? Before? Maybe he has it during the Spidey/Iron Man team-up scene against him & Vulture early on & he downgrades to something more casual when he goes to Midtown so he doesn't look weird. Also, why are the Shocker gauntlets so different from the ones in the promo art?

I wonder what happens to Schultz at the end of the movie. He's probably gonna be part of the SS lineup so perhaps a mid-credits tag?

They're still trying to do Sinister Six? I thought they gave up on that.

Clearer look at Shocker's suit:
c8aONNLP.jpg

Marvel-- please let Spidey make some jokes about his costume. He looks so ridiculous (in a good way) he's just begging to be made fun of by Spidey.

That looks like trash.

I mean, Shocker was never meant to be 100% serious--he was always the butt of the joke--but **** that blue and orange on the already goofy looking yellow is just awful.

And why does he have 80s Transformers actions figure parts for gloves???

how do we know that toy is Aunt May? does it say it on a label or something?

That looks like trash.

I mean, Shocker was never meant to be 100% serious--he was always the butt of the joke--but **** that blue and orange on the already goofy looking yellow is just awful.

And why does he have 80s Transformers actions figure parts for gloves???

Thank god I'm not the only one! It's almost as bad, if not, as bad as Diamonback's costume in Luke Cage.

diamondback-green-hammertech-suit-luke-cage-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back