Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - Part 81

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now what actor could they possibly cast that makes a bigger impact than RDJ?

Not so much the actor/actress, but whom the actor/actress is playing.

Just wait and see them cast MJ as a guy, imagine the meltdown that would occur

I'd laugh and then cry. Probably both.

giphy.gif

Remember from the leaked emails, Peter Parker needs to be straight in the movies? It's one of his character traits set by Marvel.

OMG, imagine if Peter was homosexual and gwen and mj were men. Harry was a girl. The wars with social justice warriors and sexism claims. The internet would be annialahted!

OMG, imagine if Peter was homosexual and gwen and mj were men. Harry was a girl. The wars with social justice warriors and sexism claims. The internet would be annialahted!

Me if this ever happens:

vRtiO3s.gif

Social media would shut down definitely 😂 😂

Like honestly since we're discussing unlikely things. Whonwould still watch the movie if Goblin was the villain?

I absolutely would. He's the best Spider-man villain IMO.

Like honestly since we're discussing unlikely things. Whonwould still watch the movie if Goblin was the villain?

I would. We're still yet to see a definitive Goblin on the big screen (although I'd probably watch almost anything Spidey related)

part of me wants him to be the villain just to see him done right

I probably would, but not rush to watch it or anything. I'd groan, a lot, but then I'd eventually see it.

I'm hoping for Ock to be the big bad for the third solo film, but I wouldn't be against Goblin being the main villain so long as Ock also is.

I do remember that being the plan for Raimi's first film.

Last edited:
If they're doing multiple trilogies, I'd like to see the first trilogy (high school) have new villains not entirely connected to one another (Kraven, Scorpion, Mysterio, Vulture etc) who all wind up in the Raft. The second trilogy (college) would focus on Stormin Norman/GG as it's overarching big bad, with the likes of Doc Ock, Rhino etc being somewhat linked to Oscorp (Maybe have Ock be an Oscorp scientist, Rhino/Sandman be Oscorp experiments etc). The last two movies (adulthood) would have Doc Ock as the master planner in the raft rallying up the Sinister Six, all united by their hatred of Spidey.

I wouldn't mind the first two trilogies having reinventions and new versions of more obscure-B lister villains, first movie starting small (Spot, Big Man, the Enforcers, Jack o'Lantern, Molten Man, Hammerhead, Tombstone, Hydroman or heck even Hypno Hustler if you wanna reach into obscurity), second movie being medium (Vulture, Chameleon, Mysterio, Spider-Slayers, Scorpion, Hobgoblin, Sandman) and third being high level (Goblin, Kraven, Ock and as much as i am not a big fan, Venom)

part of me wants him to be the villain just to see him done right

To me goblin was done right in spider man 1. I never hated his suit like so many people did and he acted like the goblin. I would like to see the classic look though but not yet. Give us another villain first. 5 spider man movies and we have gotten green goblin 3 times and also had harry greatly involled with the whole dad goblin thing in spider man 2. I think I would rather see hobgoblin first but even that wait. Give use like shocker, Hydro man, Kraven, Mysterio, vulture but only if there is another villain to go with him. I also would like to see Ock again and we have only had him once compared to goblin 3 times.

I think they'll use the Green Goblin, eventually. The smarter thing to do is to utilize Norman Osborn for the first 2 movies without actually showing the Goblin. Build the character up as a baddie without the costume. When he finally puts on the green and purple in the second or third movie it will be that much more of an impact. Plus, we've had Goblins in 3 out of the 5 movies. Snowboarding Franco counts guys, whether you want him to or not! :o

What I don't want to see is Ultimate Goblin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back