No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

See it in IMAX 2D!!
It depends on what format NWH is released here in my country, so I'm hoping for 2D yeah. ^^'

There are only three IMAX theaters here, but thankfully there's one about thirty minutes from where I live, so we'll see what happens. NWH seems to have been shot entirely in IMAX, so not sure how likely either option will turn out.

I don't think Strange would cast a spell like that being that's playing far too much with people's memories. It would be taking away from their own personal lives in some capacity and I figure doing something like that is why Wong was saying it's too dangerous.

Sure, but tampering with peoples minds is already morally questionable. I fee like the reason Wong warned him it was too dangerous was because he's never performed a spell like that on this level and the type of repercussions were unknown.

These young guys forget that back in the Spider-Man 3 hype days topher venom was all the rage and we couldn’t wait for news or a glimpse of his venom. Yes he wasn’t perfect but the hype for topher venom was on par with endgame . I was there.
Absolutely. There's a good reason that film set the opening weekend record and Topher Venom was part of that. Wasn't that near the height of Topher's popularity? I'm pretty sure around that age I was coming home from school and putting on That 70's Show every day.

Any chance this gets delayed if the IATSE strikes, causing Hollywood to shut down?

Any chance this gets delayed if the IATSE strikes, causing Hollywood to shut down?

I wouldn't think so.

I'm not so sure about the union rules, but maybe the actors wouldn't be out promoting the if a strike goes in December ? :huh:

I'm just guessing, but I don't think a strike would necessarily mean a delay in the film.

I don't about the IATSE issue that much so I can't speak to what it may mean to potential releases if a strike happens.

These young guys forget that back in the Spider-Man 3 hype days topher venom was all the rage and we couldn’t wait for news or a glimpse of his venom. Yes he wasn’t perfect but the hype for topher venom was on par with endgame . I was there.

I remember being on my way to work the day the SM3 Comic-Con trailer leaked. I was a 16-year old day camp counselor and I was like 30 minutes late to my kids because I couldn't stop replaying the Venom reveal. There was definitely plenty of hesitancy at the time, but I think the prevailing feeling was that Raimi would make it work. Plus the confirmation that he was modeled after Ultimate Eddie and that he was meant to be a dark Peter had a lot of us interested.

Of course, it didn't all quite pan out like we thought it would. But back then the hype was real.

who the hell are you calling a young guy??? I was in high school when SM3 came out. The Eddie Brock I knew was from the 90s cartoon and Topher Grace was NOT it

then the movie came out and before I even got around to seeing it not even counting everything else wrong with the movie it was just hearing that Venom is only at the end and only there for like 15 minutes
Sure, but tampering with peoples minds is already morally questionable. I fee like the reason Wong warned him it was too dangerous was because he's never performed a spell like that on this level and the type of repercussions were unknown.
yeah, that is true. "sorcerer supreme" is not a title held exclusively by Strange, right? Wong is another SS?

Absolutely. There's a good reason that film set the opening weekend record and Topher Venom was part of that. Wasn't that near the height of Topher's popularity? I'm pretty sure around that age I was coming home from school and putting on That 70's Show every day.

Yep I definitely was ha. I was so pumped to have Forman as EB/Venom lol

The IATSE strike won't effect films already completed. It only effects ones in some level of production. I believe reshoots and such on this are done already, so no this won't have any bearing on Spider-Man at all.

who the hell are you calling a young guy??? I was in high school when SM3 came out. The Eddie Brock I knew was from the 90s cartoon and Topher Grace was NOT it

then the movie came out and before I even got around to seeing it not even counting everything else wrong with the movie it was just hearing that Venom is only at the end and only there for like 15 minutes

yeah, that is true. "sorcerer supreme" is not a title held exclusively by Strange, right? Wong is another SS?
Calm down buddy. Wtf. Didn’t even quote you. Freaking relax. I was just saying how people were hyped for venom during the sm3 days when topher was going to play him. Sheesh .

Yup. That’s what I’m saying. Back then even tho topher grace venom wasn’t ideal casting people couldn’t wait to see or catch a glimpse of him in trailers and marketing . The first poster came out and people debated heavily if venom was in Spider-Man’s eye. It was that crazy lol.

I really think that Topher was cast as Eddie because he kind of looks like Tobey and that gelled with the whole Anti-Peter approach they were going for.

There's only 1 Sorcerer Supreme at a time and technically there's no one is it at the moment. Strange never officially became SS, yet anyway.

I really think that Topher was cast as Eddie because he kind of looks like Tobey and that gelled with the whole Anti-Peter approach they were going for.
always figured they were going for an, Ultimate Spider-man, Eddie look...
upload_2021-9-23_12-44-28.pngupload_2021-9-23_12-44-43.png

I don't think Eddie was part of any comic design. i think Raimi just wanted Eddie to be the opposite of peter. similar age. ect ect.

To Raimi he was just an evil spider-man. so Eddie had to be opposite peter.

Calm down buddy. Wtf. Didn’t even quote you. Freaking relax. I was just saying how people were hyped for venom during the sm3 days when topher was going to play him. Sheesh .
you didn't quote me but you say "these young guys" and then go on to talk about Venom and SM3 which was a conversation I was in.

There's only 1 Sorcerer Supreme at a time and technically there's no one is it at the moment. Strange never officially became SS, yet anyway.
oh really? that's strange no pun intended. I dunno why I thought there could be multiple SSs and that Wong also had that title

always figured they were going for an, Ultimate Spider-man, Eddie look...
View attachment 49325View attachment 49326

You're correct. They even went as far as to call him Eddie Brock Jr., which originated from the Ultimate Comics.

Now that I think about it, there were users on here back then that that were disappointed with Topher and desperately speculated they were gonna bring in Eddie Brock Sr in a future movie to be a proper Venom lol.

You're correct. They even went as far as to call him Eddie Brock Jr., originated from the Ultimate Comics.

Now that I think about it, there were users on here back then that that were disappointed with Topher and desperately speculated they were gonna bring in Eddie Brock Sr in a future to be a proper Venom lol.

These are always my favorite. Brock Sr. in a SM sequel. Norman in a TASM sequel. Lex Sr. in a BvS sequel.

It’s like no, they just cast the young skinny guy as your favorite villain. It is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"