No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Why?

Wandavision Finale Spoilers
They never said he was meant to be Quicksilver, fans decided that. As some theorized, it was just meant to be a meta-joke. Leaks and scoops, especially coming from random sites and reddit forums, are not 100% guaranteed. Sometimes they are right but more often they are not. If anything, this should serve as a warning for people to temper expectations for No Way Home

Because the intention was clear. They wanted people to think he was Fox Quicksilver. They knew for a fact people would think it. And the fact that they went all out with the rug pull makes me lose some respect for them.

its not like he looked totally different to Fox Quicksilver and the audience just made wild assumptions. They knew what they were doing. They wanted the recognition. and i just think the defying got abit tasteless on marvels part.

so when it comes to Spider-man i really dunno anymore. The MCU spiderman movies are big on defying in itself.

Wandavision finale confirmed what I unfortunately suspected. It's not happening, people. This movie will be Peter on the run and nothing else.

I would be shocked if Evan Peter’s appearance was nothing but a meta troll move by Feige.

Welp.

That finale was a lesson in tempering expectations and maybe a primer that we ALL should not let our hopes and expectations for No Way Home get outta control because we'll very likely be disappointed.

I'm still confident it's happening.
Agatha makes the point to Wanda that she has no idea what she's caused (cracking open the multiverse, other realities, yadda yadda) And the episode further mentions it I believe. What that is is to be explored is NWH and DS2 as we know they're connected.
Stay patient. It's gonna play out imo.

Okay, but don't be surprised if you go see the movie and there's absolutely nothing multiverse related going on. I've already made my peace with it and I think you guys should too lest you react like Twitter is to the you-know-what reveal.

Identity crisis plot will still be interesting, and Alfred Molina being back is a treat, but right now those are my main reasons to watch this movie. No more, no less.

But I think EVEN if its still happening I think its very important we temper our expectations as to what to expect from those actors' appearances. I think we'd all LIKE them to have meaty supporting roles and banter with Holland but they very well could just be pop up cameos.

I'm still confident it's happening.
Agatha makes the point to Wanda that she has no idea what she's caused (cracking open the multiverse, other realities, yadda yadda) And the episode further mentions it I believe. What that is is to be explored is NWH and DS2 as we know they're connected.
Stay patient. It's gonna play out imo.

I took that as Agatha simply saying that Wanda was unlocking the true powers as the Scarlet Witch. Could it be more that that? Sure, but I doubt it.

TBH i still wouldn't be shocked if Toby and Andrew were involved. but to what way they are involved im even more suspicious. there does seem to be this defying expectation thing going on with Marvel these days.

I still think Andrew and Tobey are in this even with the revelations from WandaVision

I'm much more skeptical of Charlie Cox than Tobey and Andrew. I dont see Feige wanting to merge the Netflix stuff with what he carefully curated in the MCU even though everyone loves Charle's Daredevil. I think that rumor always has been baloney.

But do NOT get me wrong, I would scream like a 5 year old if it were true!

I still think Andrew and Tobey are in this even with the revelations from WandaVision
Eh. Still think some of you are setting yourselves up for inevitable disappointment, but you do you I guess.

My expectations are non-existent and will continue to be so until the movie releases and every rumor is discredited.

The show also ended with Wanda’s kids seemingly in danger, which possibly gives credence to the missing kids posters seen on set

If Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield have even a second of screentime in this, it will be as
a pizza delivery man for the former (because if the MCU isn't above making insulting erection jokes to pay off a mystery, they're not above making predictable geddit jokes) and Uncle Ben's killer for the latter.

I wish I was joking, but I could see them very well doing this after "Ralph." :dry:

I definitely still think they're going to appear in this film, but I will say this, if
they end up being throwaway characters for a "gag", I'll be pissed. I didn't have a problem wit the quicksilver reveal tbh and I found it funny to an extent. loved the finale itself too, but theres a huge difference between quicksilver, and the original Spider-Man actor from some of the most iconic comic book films in history. if Tobey and Andrew are in No Way Home, it better be not be for a joke.

Marvel certainly would throw them in as a gag. its fair to say its the sorta thing they probably would do. i doubt they will though... but then i sorta thought marvel were smarter then the rug pull they just did... but there ya go.

They better not. Honestly, if that's the case they shouldn't be in it at all.
Quicksilver is one thing, but not the original Spider-Man

on the whole though, I did think the finale of Wandavision was great. Seriously can't wait to see what Sam Raimi has in store for Wanda.

I said this in the previous thread a week or so back but
I never felt Evan Peters needed to be Quicksilver
in order to justify Tobey/Andrew being in this movie. Now mind you, I'm definitely keep my expectations tempered as I did with Wandavision but we'll se what happens :hyper:

I said this in the previous thread a week or so back but
I never felt Evan Peters needed to be Quicksilver
in order to justify Tobey/Andrew being in this movie. Now mind you, I'm definitely keep my expectations tempered as I did with Wandavision but we'll se what happens :hyper:
Agreed haha. and plus I think Sony is well aware of the buzz surrounding their involvement so I'm still pretty confident.

I wish I could have some of your guys' optimism, but I'm just wallowing in depression and pessimism. :funny: :csad:

Thing is. they so intentionally wanted the recognition from the X-Men movies. they didn't do much at all to separate his look and even his personality traits from the X-Men movies. which i think they did on purpose.

It felt abit cheap. like they should have made their mind up which one they were trying to sell here. if its not Fox Quicksilver. then make sure people know that. don't go 4 weeks of speculation where you got people thinking there was some possible crossover going on before you say nah in the final episode we reveal we ain't that bold to actually go through with that. we just made you wait because we wanted the appeal of the mystery.

And why that concerns me about Spider-man is that if this is how Marvel works. if this the frame of mind they have... then i ain't sure they are bold enough to actually crossover with the previous Spider-men without some kinda work around. or even a thought that less is just as appealing as long as the faces are there

Last edited:
I wish I could have some of your guys' optimism, but I'm just wallowing in depression and pessimism. :funny: :csad:

For me, it's not optimism. My expectations are firmly at ground level lol

This is one of the reasons I really don't think Sony should hold out much longer on revealing their involvement if they're in it. really establish whats happening with this film.

For me, it's not optimism. My expectations are firmly at ground level lol
You've made that quite clear, yes. :oldrazz:

Anyway, can't wait for the tidal wave of anger and disappointment to come from the Spider-Man fanbase come December.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"