Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be a controversial statement but I for one do not want to see free-roam. That's right I said it! Free roam games just tend to get really repetitive and ridden with glitches. Unless the game gets years put into it (which I doubt is the case here) it tends to disappoint. So I want closed environments and independent level design, or whatever you call it. Anyone agree?

1.For it not to be a movie tie-in
2.For it to be based on the classic comics
3.Taking a similar approach to the PS1 games
4.For them to get a voice actor who is witty and funny
5.A good plot/story
6.To implement the web slinging from Spider-man 2
7.If there are going to be side missions don't make them repetitive.

Bruce Campbell's voice over

That's it, I'll at least rent it for that, even if it's a steaming pile of crap

Well, Seeing as this spidey game is being made by the guys who made Prototype and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, i think it's a given that it will be free roam.

Free roam
Classic comic story line
Good voice work
Graphical overhaul
Combination of fighting style from the previous spider man games
Alternate costumes
unique missions/both civilian and story line
Living new York (actual sounds like cars, people, animals etc.)

I don't know why but I've had the strongest sensation to see a spidey game based over the old story lines that the game "separation anxiety" and maximum carnage, I'd like an actual venom and spidey team up with the actual ability to switch from venom to spidey at any time during the game (even in mid swing), I'd like actual individual power and skill sets as well as combination power sets.
The in game models I'd like to see the mcfarlane spidey, with the huge eyes. And I'd like to see classic venom, not the oversized one.
But that's just me.

I want it to not be based on the symbiotes maybe boss fights/cameos but not the whole plot. Maybe they can implement weather into. Rain, snow, wind, etc... That'd be cool.

Id like to see the Green Goblin be the main thing behind everything.

Im pretty sure i want them to stay with free roam as thats a big part of Spideys draw is how he moves through NY. I dont want the combat to be over the top.

I got an idea... why not take on the story of The New Avengers? Play as spidey going through those events. That would be really neat... although something tells me, because of the movies, we wont beable to see the other characters.

I got an idea... why not take on the story of The New Avengers? Play as spidey going through those events. That would be really neat... although something tells me, because of the movies, we wont beable to see the other characters.

That might be neat, but i think i want less cameos than what previous games have offered. A few is ok, but i want to make sure the game is focused on Spidey and his dilemma. I want the story to be personal to Peter Parker/Spider-Man, which is why id like to see Norman Osborn be the main villain in the game.

I wouldn't mind if it were based on the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon.

Activision has confirmed that a new Spider-Man game is set to drop next year. Thats all that is known at this point.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1011207p1.html

So what do you guys want to see in the next Spider-Man game?

I'd like it to not drop next year because it probably won't be very good.

I also agree with getting rid of free roam. Spider-man for the PS1 was a fantastic game. When we get a city, there is very little variety in the gameplay. Swing here, chase there, fight, swing again, etc.. Without free roam the game designers would actually have to use their imaginations and come up with unique and interesting events and missions.

Free roam would still be cool, but it just needs more indoor levels... Like stealth levels perhaps. NO SYMBIOTES AT ALL.... Something completely different... And i'd love to see him doing missions with other Marvel characters...

I think the hardest thing with another free roam spidey game, though, is that by now we've played SOOOOOOO many free roam new york based games, that it just feels like playing in the same level, over and over again... They really need to find away to make an open world new york feel vibrant and different, or make it marvel new york and take alot of creative liberties, or a completely different location altogether!

No NYC! We've had 4 Spidey games set in a free roaming NYC. Its time to move onto new locales. While NYC is a perfect example for the swinging mechanics, I felt its really limited the games and they've been feeling stale bc we are basically playing in the same setting each game. Id love to see Spidey actually travel and not be confined to one area

I'd love to see it set in the Marvel Universe NYC. As in the FF building, Stark Towers. Hell Kitchen with Daredevil going about his business. So far since Ultimate Spider-Man, we haven't had a true Spider-Man comic freerom experience. So why not give us that.

Completely change up the combat system. Make him a deadly fighter like in the comics. Give us a webshoot button (why taken out of WoS), and 2 different attack buttons. A single jump and charge jump. Better more "real" based web swinging. More web based moves. Much more random crimes. A second playable character, like maybe Black Cat or Daredevil. At least that way there both players can still reach the same areas the same type of way.

Make the city bigger and give it damage for once. Base it on a new story that means a large group of Marvel characters will be involved in the story. Give Spider-Man the option of joining their side, or doing the job himself. Or even make it a Peter Parker/Spider-Man game. As in, keeping your identity a secret while earning money from photos and saving people and stopping crimes as Spider-Man.

Give us a choice of earning good money with photos, or saving the day as Spider-Man. Introduce a new vigilante onto the scene that is slowly taking over Spider-Man's role in the City.

New Villians made of this game only. Make it fun to web swing around. Have battles while web swing that are actually good. Make him acrobatic and give him the classic poses like in the comics. Give us the ability to engage in a online mode where it's not only co-op, but also deathmatch. Make that a fun new addition that draws in the crowd.

****, why not make other Marvel character playable in Multiplayer? Allow us to build a character and select powers from differents characters and gain xp throughout the main story and multiplayer.

anything else?

Yeah Dusk, I think you left out the Kitchen Sink.:whatever:

I think Dusk actually has some pretty good ideas. Web of Shadows, if anything, proved that no matter how good the concept for a Spidey game sounds, the Spider-man 2 formula just doesn't cut it anymore.

I'd keep the free roaming in there, but like Dusk said, we're missing out on the potential to swing around the Baxter Building, hop onto the Avengers Tower, heck it'd even be awesome if there was a way you could come and go onto a S.H.I.E.L.D. hellicarrier and explore that. It's not impossible to do so, no way, its just about Activision not really caring how much effort's put into the game if they get a load of money for it.

Give us USM's heavily underrated combat, give us a plot that squeezes in a LOAD of boss fights, and give us unlockables worthy of a Spider-man game. The PS1 Spider-mans gave us a ton of great costume unlocks that actually effected the game, USM was the last to give us different costumes and even that didn't alter the game in anyway, no matter how hard you fought for the Black Suit.

If it's comic based, get Rino Romano to voice Spider-Man. If not him, then Christoper Daniel-Barnes. What's he doing these days?

Maybe they should base the game off of the Spectacular Spider-Man show. I love that show so i wouldnt complain if they went that route.

The 2 things that need to remain are, keeping Spidey in New York. Taking him out of NY is like taking Batman out of Gotham, just, no. Some sort a free roam, maybe they can scale it back some, but just make sure Spidey has full range of movement, not like the swinging from Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro.

Man, I hope they take their time. I have a feeling that this will be rushed.

Man, I hope they take their time. I have a feeling that this will be rushed.

Im sure it will be. I mean we just got a Spider-Man game last yr and here comes another. This falls under Activisions 'one yr' plan, which is to own IP's that they can release on a yearly basis. Plus the game will probably be developed by Treyarch or one of Activisions other crappy developers.

I thought it was that whole activison blizzard team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"