Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone pick and play the Wii version yet? I have the PS3 version but am curious to the differences as I also have a Wii and might want to play that version too. So... anyone have it and wanna say something? Like how the combat and swinging are or the number of boss fights and with which characters?

Any review would be appreciated.

Gameplay, characters, and villians are the same. The graphics are much better than SM3 ever was, and the swing mechanics seem to be fun. One big kicker though, is that the Wii version has six unlockable costumes that the other versions don't have.

Gameplay, characters, and villians are the same. The graphics are much better than SM3 ever was, and the swing mechanics seem to be fun. One big kicker though, is that the Wii version has six unlockable costumes that the other versions don't have.

*Hopes for DLC*

Hmmmmm, six unlockable costumes you say? Perhaps once this game starts showing up used I'll pick it up. I enjoyed SM3 on Wii, graphics were awful and the swinging got a little wacky but it was still fun to swing around with the Wii controls as Spidey. Thanks Brainiac 8, I'll go give it a rent or eventual buy! Six costumes... why the heck isn't that in all versions?!

The Wii might have 6 unlockable costumes, but it doesn't have the Hero feature the other versions have. So you can't summon characters like Wolverine, Luke Cage, etc.

No problem Shocker.

Maybe DLC some time down the road. From what I understand the Wii version is great. While graphically horrible, SM3 for the Wii was a fantastic swinging simulator. I just enjoyed playing it to swing around alot. It was a blast.

No problem Shocker.

Maybe DLC some time down the road. From what I understand the Wii version is great. While graphically horrible, SM3 for the Wii was a fantastic swinging simulator. I just enjoyed playing it to swing around alot. It was a blast.

WOS isn't as great though. Swinging might be fun, but you only do it with the Wiimote now. No two hand swinging. As sucky as SM3 was, the swinging was fun.

That's too bad that they changed the swinging mechanics. The only reason I played SM3 as much as I did was specifically for how fun the swinging with the remote and nunchuck was.

Now, with my third playthrough, I clearly see a major problem. It's not the camera, nor repetiveness, nor voice acting (actually I love Spidey's voice), it's easiness. The game doesn't have any challenge! Fighting is fun, but what's the point when you can beat everyone with just tiniest amount of skill. Enemies aren't a threat to you. You just swing to the location, beat everyone without any good opposition, and repeat. That wouldn't bother me, if enemies fought back! Argh!

7 1/2 drops to 6 1/2 or 7-.

Now, with my third playthrough, I clearly see a major problem. It's not the camera, nor repetiveness, nor voice acting (actually I love Spidey's voice), it's easiness. The game doesn't have any challenge! Fighting is fun, but what's the point when you can beat everyone with just tiniest amount of skill. Enemies aren't a threat to you. You just swing to the location, beat everyone without any good opposition, and repeat. That wouldn't bother me, if enemies fought back! Argh!

7 1/2 drops to 6 1/2 or 7-.

I know. I only died 1 time the entire game. ONE! Not counting the other time I died for fun just to see what would happen when I did. That's a record for any Spidey game I've played, or any game I've played.

So just rented this and it was awful. God awful. I had so much high hopes for this but it let me down big time. :(

I'm not sure if the actual experience is any better, but trying to watch footage from walkthroughs on this game is painful. The dialogue and voice acting is really sub-par. The plot's nothing to get hyped over. Gameplay looks very awkward, as well. Is this even worth renting?

No, I'm still contemplating taking it back and trying to get my rental money back.

Just finished playing throught it and I cant defiently see where the complaints about repetitiveness come from. You can only fight so many thugs and then tech warriors and them symbiotes. I love the upgrade system and how Spidey plays. The animations are good and he had a good movelist. They really did good here.

After 4 games set in a free roaming NYC, I think its time to move on from there. They've really done this to death and its beyond stale. They need a new location for the next Spidey game. I think tehy use NYC simply bc the buildings are an easy way out for the swinging mechanics and it makes sense but they need to think outside the box. Id love to see Spidey fighting in a tropic region or snowy mountain area. Use the trees and surroundings for the swinging. They could even through him in an alternate universe or create a fictional city. He doesnt have to be stuck in one area throughout the game, but he could be given different missions across the globe. Id love to see "levels" mixxed into the free roaming world instead of just swinging around to various outdoor missions. They need to switch things up bc its looking like the same basic game with new missions.

Last edited:
Just finished playing throught it and I cant defiently see where the complaints about repetitiveness come from. You can only fight so many thugs and then tech warriors and them symbiotes. I love the upgrade system and how Spidey plays. The animations are good and he had a good movelist. Tehy really did good here.

After 4 games set in a free roaming NYC, I think its time to move on from there. They've really done this to death and its beyond stale. They need a new location for the next Spidey game. I think tehy use NYC simply bc the buildings are an easy way out for the swinging mechanics and it makes sense but they need to think outside the box. Id love to see Spidey fighting in a tropic region or snowy mountain area. Use the trees and surroundings for the swinging. They could even through him in an alternate universe or create a fictional city. He doesnt have to be stuck in one area throughout the game, but he could be given different missions across the globe. Id love to see "levels" mixxed into the free roaming world instead of just swinging around to various outdoor missions. They need to switch things up bc its looking like the same basic game with new missions.
Yeah everyone is right when they say that this game is repetitive.I remember fighting a crapload of symbiotes after symbiotes dying to continue story mode but imo the fighting system in this game is very different from the other Spidey games that have come before and it's alot of fun.I was disappointed after beating the game and there were no new costumes or rewards but still it's cool to watch Spidey and Black Cat kick symbiote arse throughout NYC.7/10

Yeah everyone is right when they say that this game is repetitive.I remember fighting a crapload of symbiotes after symbiotes dying to continue story mode but imo the fighting system in this game is very different from the other Spidey games that have come before and it's alot of fun.I was disappointed after beating the game and there were no new costumes or rewards but still it's cool to watch Spidey and Black Cat kick symbiote arse throughout NYC.7/10
yeah the combat was the best part of the game and the best in any Spider-man game. It helped keep the endless battles from being boring. Loved the integration of the black suit although I dont remember Spider-man ever having those tendril attacks with it. It did help to keep things interesting. Its the game's format and layout which was the problem. Id give it a 7 also. Its worth a rental but definetly not worth full price

I was really hoping this would be on sale for black Friday. Oh well, guess I'll still have to wait a little longer.

Meh. I'm definitely waiting 'til Chrimbo to pick this up.

Should be cheap[er] then!

Saw this at GameStop today and I just thought I'd bring it up--did anyone actually play this game? Was it any good? Just curious, because I could go for a good Spider-Man game

It's ok. It gets really repetitive after awhile and some of the missions are pretty boring. The best part about it is the combat system which imo was just crazy and fun, switching between the red and black suite for different combos and moves was fun.

Some of the boss fights were pretty good. Overall the game was a let down, there's a fair amount of marvel characters that appear only as cameos and not bosses (which annoys me). The bosses that are in the game are also cheaply recycled when you fight them the second time with little differences from the first fight.

But if you're a hardcore Spidey fan (and spidey video game fan) like me then you'll enjoy it a little. You'll find that it's a mediocre game that had a lot of potential.

I passed on it, and it was really hard for me to. Spidey is still my fav superhero. Damn i want a good Spider-Man game.

I loved it. Best gameplay (the Spidey combat was perfect), good story, it just didn't have alot of variety in the gameplay. I thought it was the best Spider-Man game so far. It just needed more variety is all.

I know. I only died 1 time the entire game. ONE! Not counting the other time I died for fun just to see what would happen when I did. That's a record for any Spidey game I've played, or any game I've played.

Well part of that is the fact that you can play through all powered up. Of course it's going to be easy, try and do it without picking up any of the upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"