Homecoming Spider-Man - The Opening Scene

James.Bartlett

Civilian
Reaction score
So, with the 2017 Spider-Man getting closer, we are aware that this time around it won't focus on Peter's origin story.

So, how do you want the reboot to start? What scene do you want to see straight of the bat?

Personally, I'd like to see either an amazing swinging montage or a battle with a villain - preferably Shocker. That could be cool.

What would your ideas be?

I want a HUGE opening action sequence. Make it about 10-15 minutes long... Just throw us into Spider-Man's world, let us know he's established in the MCU and already taking down baddies.

Huge action sequence. I would love for the movie to open with Shocker robbing a bank and Spidey swinging in to stop him.

Last edited:
I want a HUGE opening action sequence. Make it about 10-15 minutes long... Just throw us into Spider-Man's world, let us know he's established in the MCU and already taking down baddies.
This.

Similar to The Dark Knight, we see a bank robbery, except it's Spider-Man! After Spidey grabs all the money from the counters, another Spider-Man comes around from the back with a few bags of money and they start running towards the door. Suddenly, another Spider-Man,the true Spider-Man, comes through the front door, says something witty, and kicks the other two imposters' asses. In the next scene we see the two Spider-Man handcuffed and being lead into a police car, and both of them have their masks off.

The two imposters were none other than Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire.

Last edited:
Similar to The Dark Knight, we see a bank robbery, except it's Spider-Man! After Spidey grabs all the money from the counters, another Spider-Man comes around from the back with a few bags of money and they start running towards the door. Suddenly, another Spider-Man,the true Spider-Man, comes through the front door, says something witty, and kicks the other two imposters' asses. In the next scene we see the two Spider-Man handcuffed and being lead into a police car, and both of them have their masks off.

That would be epic.

:pal: That would be hilarious! now I REALLY want to see this.

Agreed on the opening fight scene, then have Peter sneek into school afterwards late throught the window.

I would like it to start one of two ways. 1. We just get straight into action like asm2 with the chase scene. But switch it to some random fight with a c or d list villain who needs no backstory and then move onto things.

2. We start with peter slinging around or sitting at a rooftop and we do a voice over thing and we get origin bites told and show to us here. And then we have it he was heading to school and go on.

Now that you've reminded me Webhead, I'd actually prefer the movie start off with a flashback narrated by Peter, explaining the field trip-bite and Uncle Ben's death.

Then we can jump into the action

Last edited:
Totally we don't need to spend a hr on the origins. But still I am sure marvel would want to put there stamp on origin. And we can cover the bite try to get money and ben dying within a 3 to 5 min opening bit. On top of peter like I said maybe stopping some c or d lister. And we get the whole power and responsibility deal tossed in.

To be a contrarian - I'd be up for something low key but entertaining. Maybe Peter at the Bugle handing over shots of Spider-Man from recent weeks/months. It could be a way to show the audience very quickly what he's been up to without dedicating any significant screen time for his backstory. An action scene could follow on afterwards.

The flashbacks could be shown in opening credits similar to The Incredible Hulk.

Totally we don't need to spend a hr on the origins. But still I am sure marvel would want to put there stamp on origin. And we can cover the bite try to get money and ben dying within a 3 to 5 min opening bit. On top of peter like I said maybe stopping some c or d lister. And we get the whole power and responsibility deal tossed in.

Or go the Daredevil route and show the origin over 3 movies in appropriate flashbacks

It would be cool if he took down Herman Schultz, Alex O'Hirn, or Flint Marko, or all three in the opening. So, they aren't their super villain selves yet, but normal crooks who get thwarted by the webhead and like "Spectacular Spider-Man", we find out Hammerhead is secretly working with Norman Osborn and Norman is trying to figure out who got radioactively bit by a spider at Oscorp so he figures if he can create some super villains, he'll get answers and since those three already have a vendetta against Spider-Man, they become Shocker, Rhino, and Sandman through genetic experiments and modifications.

As for the opening credits, I think something akin to Raimi's "Spider-Man 2" would be ideal where he used Alex Ross paintings to retell the origin story.

1. Opening titles
2. There's a bank robbery
3.Shocker and a gang of thugs are holding hostages
4. The police arrives and there's a massive shoot out
5. Then Spiderman arrives and takes down the gang of criminals
6. He throws a Spider tracer at Shocker as Shocker runs away
7. The Hostages are saved
8. Spiderman tracks Shocker down to an old abandoned building
9. There's a fight between Spiderman and Shocker
11. Shocker is defeated and arrested
12. Peter arrives late for School

Takes place in the first 20 minutes

How would people feel if they skip a large chunk of The origin and open the movie with Peter arriving at his house to get News Uncle Ben getting killed and the first 5 minutes is Peter catching the Killer and then the titles roll and there's a 5 month time jump

I don't think we need to drag origin stuff over many films. Either be in opening credits like tih or like I said open the film on a flash back narrated by peter. Or flashbacks interspliced with current things happening to peter.

To be a contrarian - I'd be up for something low key but entertaining. Maybe Peter at the Bugle handing over shots of Spider-Man from recent weeks/months. It could be a way to show the audience very quickly what he's been up to without dedicating any significant screen time for his backstory. An action scene could follow on afterwards.

I like this idea. Low key but entertaining.

For example, I really enjoyed how the tv show Daredevil started--Matt was seen in a confessional and did a monologue that lasted a few minutes and at the end asked for forgiveness for what he was about to do. Build up some tension and use the audience's anticipation of wanting to see Spider-Man as an advantage for the script.

Or go the Daredevil route and show the origin over 3 movies in appropriate flashbacks

That's my preference. Properly placed flashbacks can do wonders for a film or tv show. I really enjoyed how TSSM and Batman Begins handled that idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"