Spider-Man: Unacceptable

Well, I just glad you didn't hate it.

When I was writing it, I didn't really think about the ending. I just go with the flow. And then I realised that I had brought Spot to such a level that Spider-Man finding a way to physically beat him would probably not seem right.

I know that a villain unintentionally bring about their own defeat is hardly an original concept, but I think it was the only solution. And really, the story wasn't my main focus, it was just getting Spot some recognition and as long as some people now see just what Spot could become, I'm pleased.

Thanks for taking the time to read it. Theads I make usually don't get a lot of attention, but then they're not anything I care if people don't read. But this thread is one I wanted people to read, and some have, so Thank You.

Way to go Still glad I got a chance to read this. Congradulations on finishing the story shocked and amazed how you ended it very creative.

hey DC i think you should seriously think about jumping on board the next season of the DTL.you would be a valued edition

I'll consider it, but my knowledge of comics is quite narrow. I probably have average knowledge of most Marvel characters, if that.

And I know practically nothing about DC characters.

And I didn't realise how long it had been since I wrote this, scary how fast time moves.

hey you dont need loads of knowledge.just a writing flair like you have.youd be welcomed and wed help you out with sorting out characters you might know and stuff

head over to the DTL Discussion Thread in Misc Comics and have a chat with people.theyll help you out

Just posting this to make sure the thread doesn't disappear in the clean up.

pretty good. i enjoyed it. you could use some help with your writing but pretty good. how come spot didnt just open a portal in front of spidey's web when he was being sucked into the giant portal near the end? just a question that would probably come up if this was like an official comic.

Seriously, this story fails in almost every component that makes a story great. It's like watching Spiderman 3 all over again. :dry:

Ouch. A simple "I didn't like it" would have done.

pretty good. i enjoyed it. you could use some help with your writing but pretty good. how come spot didnt just open a portal in front of spidey's web when he was being sucked into the giant portal near the end? just a question that would probably come up if this was like an official comic.
Good point. Ummmm, I guess my only answer to that is, I needed a way for Spot to be defeated. If he had taken the course of action you so rightly pointed out, he would have beaten Spidey. And we can't have that now, can we?

But there was a bit in there where he says that every time Spot takes the ground from under him, he'll just stick to another part and they would go back and forth, with neither taking the higher ground in the fight.

maybe instead spidey could should two weblines and they can attach to the outer rim of the portal. since the edges can slice through people, it seems feasible that his webs could attach to the portal from the inside.

I don't know, the idea of attaching a webline to a portal edge seems more like it would be disintegrated. Seeing as I said it's neither one world or the other.

Thanks for your input and ideas, I mean it. I'd never caught that mistake before and I hope it'll make better at final reading next time.

But the story is done now, it's over two years old and I've been trying to get started on another.

I know this thread is quite old now... however, I just wanted you to know that I enjoyed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"