World Spider-man's shoes....

Cyrusbales

Avenger
Reaction score
This has been bugging me for ages...

Spider-man's outfit covers his legs and feet right, what does he do with his shoes? Becuase it doesn't look like there are shoes underneath the costume? Also, couldn't badguy's just stamp on his toes? Not to mention if he were to stand on something etc? Just a thought, but it does bother me somewhat.....

Cyrusbales said:
This has been bugging me for ages...

Spider-man's outfit covers his legs and feet right, what does he do with his shoes? Becuase it doesn't look like there are shoes underneath the costume? Also, couldn't badguy's just stamp on his toes? Not to mention if he were to stand on something etc? Just a thought, but it does bother me somewhat.....
its a boot.

In the movies, it isn't though, it's like a continueing part of the outfit

As weird as it may feel, he could be wearing the suit under his shoes. Man that would hurt.

I always thought his feet were covered with the same material as his costume, because he needs the thinner material to cling to walls. Boots would create too much of a barrier. Unlike in the movies, in the comics, Pete can't cling with shoes on.

So I guess he just has to keep his feet from getting stepped on, and with his Spidey-senses, he can probably do that pretty well most of the time.

surely he stubbs his toes a lot and stuff? He does do a few clumbsy teenager things from time to time

They're basically just padded socks. Anything else would interfere w/his wall-crawling. As such, they don't bunch up underneath his shoes. Now Superman's boots...
As for the toes, keep in mind that he has hyper-reflexes, superhuman coordination AND spider-sense.

But spiderman can get hit a lot, his spidey sense isn't the most accurate detector, so surely a villain would be able to take out his feet!

Cyrusbales said:
But spiderman can get hit a lot, his spidey sense isn't the most accurate detector, so surely a villain would be able to take out his feet!
It's accurate. But he can't dodge everything. And since nobody has bothered trying to stomp on his toes it's kind of a moot point. And if they did, it would hurt no matter what he was wearing.

Better to risk that than to risk losing his grip on a wall 40 stories up.

oh yeh... never thought of that.. that kinda stuff doesnt really cross your mind when your watching it lol

Chris Wallace said:
Better to risk that than to risk losing his grip on a wall 40 stories up.

How long must his spider-like hairs be to grip through his suit aswell? Surely someone would notice, "hey peter, how come your got really hairy hands!"

Cyrusbales said:
How long must his spider-like hairs be to grip through his suit aswell? Surely someone would notice, "hey peter, how come your got really hairy hands!"

ha well in the comics its never said that he has hairs and his clinging ability was never explained, peter thought it was some bio-magnetic ability and that the molecules of his body would become attracted to that of any surface

GrtRsponsibilty said:
ha well in the comics its never said that he has hairs and his clinging ability was never explained, peter thought it was some bio-magnetic ability and that the molecules of his body would become attracted to that of any surface

But in filmic terms, he has, but they're not long enough to go through his suit:huh: :huh: :huh:

true and with the raised webbing on his fingures they'd have to be really log but if i remember correctly in the first movie they unrolled when he wanted to climb a wall

GrtRsponsibilty said:
true and with the raised webbing on his fingures they'd have to be really log but if i remember correctly in the first movie they unrolled when he wanted to climb a wall

well he's always sticking to walls in the movie without unrolling his suit, :(

sorry i meant the hairs, the first time he crawls in the alley way we see his hairs unroll in a close up shot

GrtRsponsibilty said:
sorry i meant the hairs, the first time he crawls in the alley way we see his hairs unroll in a close up shot

But then again, they still don't look long enough to me:( kinda nitpicking, but it's actually curiosity, rather than anything negative.

They're just soles, and I guess thin ones at that. Add to that his superb balance and reflexes and you've got a guy who may seem like he can stick his feet to the walls.

Spider-Girl™ said:
As weird as it may feel, he could be wearing the suit under his shoes. Man that would hurt.

yeh in SM1 there was a clip of him running on a building in the alleyway, taking his shoes off when you could see his full costume... he wears his suit under his clothes (including shoes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"