Spider-sense question

Chris Wallace

LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
Reaction score
If you were unfamiliar w/the comics, would you think the spider-sense only alerted him to threats he couldn't see or wasn't aware of?

I don't think I've ever read a Spider-Man comic.. :(

-TNC

Usually, the Spider-Sense works when the writer REMEMBERS that he DOES have a Spider-Sense. David Michelinie managed to NOT use Spidey´s sense during eleven issues, simply because he forgot that he had this power!

Eleven issues? I didn't know that. But it has nothing to do w/the question I posted.

The spider sense is supposed to alert him about upcoming threats of any kind. He can use it for anything, from avoiding sneak attacks to dodging bullets (seriously!).

Except when they want to put Spidey in some kind of REAL danger. That´s when the Spidey sense is conveniently dropped.

Chris Wallace said:
If you were unfamiliar w/the comics, would you think the spider-sense only alerted him to threats he couldn't see or wasn't aware of?

If I was unfamiliar, yes, I would get that impression. Take the cafe scene...he didn't know Ock was going to throw that car at him and MJ!

Thank you, HOF, for actually addressing the question.

Heh...I'm not sure, I can't predict alternate realities now, can I?
But, if I was interested in it and actually played enough attention to every effect…I would say no.

But anyways, come on people, not this again?
Even if he does alert him of every danger or not, who said Spidey is fast enough to react to it all the time...or better yet, let me rephrase the question - who said Spider-Man is fast enough to react to all the different danger alerts coming at him in a row, like say...Goblin fists?

Well, based on the first fleshed out instance of Spider-Sense, the fight with Flash, I would believe that, when threatened, Spidey becomes hyper-aware of EVERYTHING around him

Spider-X-Treme said:
Heh...I'm not sure, I can't predict alternate realities now, can I?
But, if I was interested in it and actually played enough attention to every effect…I would say no.

But anyways, come on people, not this again?
Even if he does alert him of every danger or not, who said Spidey is fast enough to react to it all the time...or better yet, let me rephrase the question - who said Spider-Man is fast enough to react to all the different danger alerts coming at him in a row, like say...Goblin fists?
Ok-those of us in the know are well aware that the ability to detect danger is nullified if there are threats everywhere. It'd be like someone w/a metal plate in his head, a huge belt buckle, pins in his hip, a metal watchband, eight chains around his neck, a ring on every finger & a pocket knife going through a metal detector.

Dude, but it all really in fact is.
Geko just clearly pointed it out.
Peter was well aware of every attack Flash and his sidekick did and he was quick enough to dodge them all. While in a fight against the Green Goblin or Dock Ock he couldn’t, both being much faster and stronger than an average human beings and, in addition, Spidey still learning of all his powers in one case and having problems with them in an other…

Chris Wallace said:

Yes.

Chris Wallace said:

Yes, yes I would...:up:

I remember there was this one time he was trying to disarm a bomb, & his spider-sense was blaring relentlessly. He said something along the lines of "Like I didn't know this was dangerous!" But in the cartoons & movies, we only really see him getting alerts from unseen or unannounced threats.

I think the point is thou, that in the cartoons and movies they dont need to show the spidey sense when the threat is obvious, but that doesn't nessasarily mean it doesn't happen. Any form of visual entertainment has to rashion how much it shows; too much information is no information at all. where as books and comics feed off detail, it's what makes them rich - so the more detail given will enhance the experience.

Yes-I'm well aware of that. It's just that the result is an unintentional miseducation.

Chris Wallace said:

Yep.

Alexander said:
Usually, the Spider-Sense works when the writer REMEMBERS that he DOES have a Spider-Sense. David Michelinie managed to NOT use Spidey´s sense during eleven issues, simply because he forgot that he had this power!

BLASPHMEY!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"