Spider Sense Question.

Seems more dramatic seeing his eyes when it comes on :) With a mask it would`t have the same reaction

In the first movie, when Peter catches MJ in the lunchroom, isn't that the Spider-Sense. He wasn't masked though.

they don't show it all the time cause they don't need too. everyone knows he has it. it doesn't show it when he fights cause that ring would desract you from the action on screen. that's it.....just the way they decsided to do it in the movie

Didn't we already have a thread on this and almost every agreed that it is shown well and can't be shown all the time because it would get too repetative?

yeah, that thread blind fury made, but this is acknowledging that the spidey sense is there but not as blatant when he has the mask on, and that's true.

I'm still going with my theory that it's the mask blocking his spidey senses. ;)

No I think it's just that everytime he has the mask on he is knowingly entering into a fight. When he has the mask off he isn't prepared for it and viola...spider-sense time.

Odin's Lapdog said:
it's definitely not on when he fights.

and i'm sure the mask comments were in jest.

Of course it is, he wouldn't have the level of dexterity he does if he didn't receive advanced warning that something was coming. It's totally instinctual. It might be somewhat subdued when he's heavily engaged in something, but it certainly is still there and continually active.

War Lord said:
Of course it is, he wouldn't have the level of dexterity he does if he didn't receive advanced warning that something was coming. It's totally instinctual. It might be somewhat subdued when he's heavily engaged in something, but it certainly is still there and continually active.

right on :up:

Odin's Lapdog said:
half and half it is then.

so it apparently warms him of harm to either himself or civilians that's fairly iniment.

but once addressed it no longer does so.

if he's aware of the harm before hand, it doesn't go off

and it doesn't go off when wearing his mask when perhaps in the middle of a spar where the threat has already been identified.

it's not sensitive to gas, nor does it warn spidey when he's going to actually harm himself.such as:

first swinging scene into board
swinging into building after rescuing mj
tripping on the street on raindrops scene
falling while web slinging twice
falling while attempting to jump across building

it's most active when danger is coming from behind, although i don't think it warmed him about the oncoming goblin bats in teh burning building that attacked him from behind.

it doesn't sense villains in their natural clothes or stop your friends from *****slapping you.

have i covered most of the points about it.

well then how did he know when to duck??? his spider sense had to go off, other wise he would had gotten cut up by them.

and remember after ducking down, i believe goblin kicked him in the face. so his spider sense warned him of one danger from behind, but once in motion of fleeing that danger, goblin in front of him sent another danger, but spidey couldn't avoid that kick.

your doing good with covering your points though :up: :)

I miss Blind_Fury too you guys but come on, this is kind of beating a dead horse.

Does he have Spider-Sense in the movies? It seems to me that he gets hit quite a lot which is surprising considering that his Spidey sense and reflexes in the comics are supposed to enable him to dodge bullets (if there is enough distance and time of course) and in the movies he seems to have trouble dodging peoples fists, which lets face it, are not as fast as bullets.

I feel an, "Ah Jeez, Not this S*** Again" moment coming on.

cmill216 said:

You always feel like that.

Perhaps you should have t-shirts printed :p

Why couldn't this have ended with Blind_Fury? Well, I'll say this much about you, Odin's Lapdog. You certainly are'nt reacting like he did. Which is nice.

wolfsfang said:
You always feel like that.

Actually, I don't always feel like that. But discussing the Spider-Sense and questioning its prescence in the films is like listening to a 50 Cent album: the same s*** over and over and over again.

Nebins said:
Didn't we already have a thread on this and almost every agreed that it is shown well and can't be shown all the time because it would get too repetative?
the other thread was how it wasn't used or highlighted enough.

This one is purely based on the fact he doesn't seem to use it in battle, pre battle, post battle while he is masked.

Nebins said:
No I think it's just that everytime he has the mask on he is knowingly entering into a fight. When he has the mask off he isn't prepared for it and viola...spider-sense time.
it's gone off while in costume before, i don't see the difference between being in nearly full costume and totally full costume. (talking about on the train)

cmill216 said:
chill, it's just an observation ;)

all that's being said is that it would be nice to have spidey's sense actually going off while in costume. Especially with the apparent venom entering.

I mean what is the big deal of spidey not being able to sense venom when he doesn't seem to sense anything with his mask on anyway.

CrypticOne said:
In the first movie, when Peter catches MJ in the lunchroom, isn't that the Spider-Sense. He wasn't masked though.
yes and yes.

I think that's the first official time it goes off although most people remember the flash moment more.

note again his back was turned on the event when his sense went on. Add that to the 'most sensitive from danger from behind' column

War Lord said:
IF say, you moved at the speeds that quicksilver and flash move out, one wouldn't need an extra sense in order to dodge harm since, first one would be mostly aware of these dangers from the other five senses and secondly one would be able to deal with them accordingly.

now granted spidey isn't as fast as the flash or quicksilver but given his reaction speed EVEN without his spider sense and own proportional speed, he might as well be to any given foe.

a punch from an average teenager with probably no fighting experience was dodged with enough ease for parker to actually realise what he was doing and amazing himself and that's pre any experience what so ever, no spider sense, just pure reaction.

saying this a normal human shouldn't be able to get near him and in the films luckily none ever does (which is one good thing about them), although then you can say that ock's reactions are at a human level but then you can say he's a strategist that takes this into account and plans ahead.

Saying this, film Spidey isn't immune to taking a beating.

Take the most heroic piece so far. It seems if parker is visually aware of the danger coming, if only for a nano second then his sense doesn't go off because his body knows he can deal with it (or at least assumes he can).

although it also seems that his spider-sense can't go off when he's exhausted or perhaps stuck in dialogue with others. Biggest example is while being Masked (uh oh), he gets taged from behind by ock while speaking to mj and gets heavily clubbed.

in short, personally I feel based on what is seen there's is more evidence to show it doesn't occur in a battle situation once the threat has been initially identified and visually contact confirmed, or at any time when his mask is on:(

but based from background knowledge from what we expect from the comic book media, then one can assume it's going off in battle, but based on purely film evidence and parker's actions in battle i don't think this is the case.

but i won't try and convince you, i'm just stating my case, you're free to have your opinions Jonty30, i won't nag

remind me, does it go off when spidey is flying towards aunt may and ock and aunt may rams her glasses into ock's face?

wolfsfang said:
Does he have Spider-Sense in the movies? It seems to me that he gets hit quite a lot which is surprising considering that his Spidey sense and reflexes in the comics are supposed to enable him to dodge bullets (if there is enough distance and time of course) and in the movies he seems to have trouble dodging peoples fists, which lets face it, are not as fast as bullets.
the only fists parker has trouble dodging are super powered fist which move and react faster than normal ones, and also metal tendrils which are run by mechanics which react faster than muscles do.

even then he manages to parry both ock's and norman's attacks at one point or another, just no where near as consistently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"