• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Spider Sense Question.

Odin's Lapdog

Avenger
Joined
Jun 17, 2003
Messages
32,655
Reaction score
0
Points
31
After thinking about it, i've realised that unless i'm mistaken, Parker's spidey sense has never gone off while fully masked.

the emphasis of the 'Sense' going off is a zooming in on the eye (most likely the left eye) and the weird noise in the background.

Taking this into account and also remember both movies, Do you think it will actually go off during a battle scene or at least when fully masked where you can't see his eye?

if so, do you think it will be pictured in the same way?

or more than likely, do you think it's going to be left out of actual combat.
 
It doesn't work when he has the mask on, I guess.
 
Wesyeed said:
It doesn't work when he has the mask on, I guess.

I DONT THINK IT WORKS WITH THE MASK ON EITHER.
 
of course it works when the mask is on, the spider sense has nothing to do with his mask. i think they mainly only show the spider sense when his mask is off is because you get the full affect of it when it does a close up on his eyes. during battle (with mask on) its probably constantly going off, which is why he's dodging attacks and blocking blows. having the spider sense always being shown in the movie would really take away its great effect during really BIG spider sense parts.
 
it's definitely not on when he fights.

and i'm sure the mask comments were in jest.
 
^ whats not on during fights...his spider sense???
 
well its got to be going off on some level during battle. maybe not a drastic alert but a little ringing in his head to show him where the next hits are coming from.

in the SM1 movie book, it explained into depth on the spider sense. it said that his spider sense is constantly going off and that he can chose to ignore it.

in my opinion, of course his spider sense is going off during battle. they don't show because they feel its probably not needed while he's flipping around and throwing punches. just my guess as to why not, but i'm happy with the way they've been using the spider sense so far.
 
???

the sparring was well and truelly over before he took off his mask and thought the train was going to crash.






the only time it may have worked mid spar was right in his first fight with flash, when he does that double backflip when flash tries to attack him from behind?

am i right about that one?

infact, that was technically before the sparring started,
 
Odin's Lapdog said:
???

the sparring was well and truelly over before he took off his mask and thought the train was going to crash.






the only time it may have worked mid spar was right in his first fight with flash, when he does that double backflip when flash tries to attack him from behind?

am i right about that one?

infact, that was technically before the sparring started,

you had flash try to punch him from behind, and spider sense goes off, not sparring yet. then when facing flash and blocking a few punches, flash's friend comes from behind and try's to grab peter, and then spider sense goes off which we hear and peter does the double black flip, which in my opinion was already during a spar.
 
Sean Adisano said:
well its got to be going off on some level during battle. maybe not a drastic alert but a little ringing in his head to show him where the next hits are coming from.

in the SM1 movie book, it explained into depth on the spider sense. it said that his spider sense is constantly going off and that he can chose to ignore it.

in my opinion, of course his spider sense is going off during battle. they don't show because they feel its probably not needed while he's flipping around and throwing punches. just my guess as to why not, but i'm happy with the way they've been using the spider sense so far.
considering he's facing his victims for the majority of the time, i would like to hope his spider sense wouldn't need to be going off, since he'll be well aware of what danger is around him, i mean no one else needs it (superhero wise). I mean you don't have to be careful when standing by a cliff you are purposely standing at the edge of, it comes with the territory.

but that comes down to viewers choice.

For the unknowing movie audience, it's not so apparent.

even though, that's not really the point since there has yet to be a scene with his sense going off while his mask is one, which is at least would be what you would be expecting to happen if you knew you're powers were going to cut out mid swing, twice.
 
Sean Adisano said:
you had flash try to punch him from behind, and spider sense goes off, not sparring yet. then when facing flash and blocking a few punches, flash's friend comes from behind and try's to grab peter, and then spider sense goes off which we hear and peter does the double black flip, which in my opinion was already during a spar.
I mean sparring with the 'current danger'

when the new danger of flash's friend comes in, then it goes off again but it doesn't go off for flash or him for the rest of the bout.


but heck, i'll give it to ya
 
Odin's Lapdog said:
considering he's facing his victims for the majority of the time, i would like to hope his spider sense wouldn't need to be going off, since he'll be well aware of what danger is around him, i mean no one else needs it (superhero wise). I mean you don't have to be careful when standing by a cliff you are purposely standing at the edge of, it comes with the territory.

but that comes down to viewers choice.

For the unknowing movie audience, it's not so apparent.

even though, that's not really the point since there has yet to be a scene with his sense going off while his mask is one, which is at least would be what you would be expecting to happen if you knew you're powers were going to cut out mid swing, twice.

good point, but to argue that statement with the web failure scenes, he's web gave out on him, and so did other powers.

the first time his web failed, he fell and crashed hard. still had his strength. he jumped to the edge of the building, still had his jumping power. but why didn't he just crawl down the building instead of taking an elevator. we don't know for sure if his crawling ability maybe went too.

then the seound web failure, once again fell very far down and hit the walls and the dumpster hard. still had his strength. then crawled but then lost it, no crawling, then couldn't see.

so if he's losing certain powers at certain times during those two web failure scenes, could it be possible that at both times his spider sense maybe wasn't working too.

once again, i'm just grasping here, i'm not saying that thats what really happened, just saying...
 
Odin's Lapdog said:
I mean sparring with the 'current danger'

when the new danger of flash's friend comes in, then it goes off again but it doesn't go off for flash or him for the rest of the bout.


but heck, i'll give it to ya

true that it never went off for flash again, but like you just told me in another post, why would it need to go off if he's facing him and can see whats coming.

so both of us should get half and half for our comments :)
 
Sean Adisano said:
good point, but to argue that statement with the web failure scenes, he's web gave out on him, and so did other powers.

the first time his web failed, he fell and crashed hard. still had his strength. he jumped to the edge of the building, still had his jumping power. but why didn't he just crawl down the building instead of taking an elevator. we don't know for sure if his crawling ability maybe went too.

then the seound web failure, once again fell very far down and hit the walls and the dumpster hard. still had his strength. then crawled but then lost it, no crawling, then couldn't see.

so if he's losing certain powers at certain times during those two web failure scenes, could it be possible that at both times his spider sense maybe wasn't working too.

once again, i'm just grasping here, i'm not saying that thats what really happened, just saying...
Not all his powers gave out, don't forget a fall like that would do serious damage to an individual (three potentially fatal falls actually and one half super leap), so his higher endurance was still working. And his spider sense also worked when he needed it the most when int eh coffee shop with mj.


i wouldn't risk crawling in his condition, best to play it safe.



true his spider sense should also go but it should at least tell him before it goes so he doesn't end up hurting himself, like a quick 'OH ****' before it hits the fan, ya know.

it could go either way. His spider sense is pretty much always used to a writer's discretion anyway in the comics, i dont see why it would be different in the films, but at least in the films it does happen when his mask is on.

:o:o
 
Sean Adisano said:
true that it never went off for flash again, but like you just told me in another post, why would it need to go off if he's facing him and can see whats coming.

so both of us should get half and half for our comments :)
half and half it is then.


so it apparently warms him of harm to either himself or civilians that's fairly iniment.

but once addressed it no longer does so.

if he's aware of the harm before hand, it doesn't go off

and it doesn't go off when wearing his mask when perhaps in the middle of a spar where the threat has already been identified.

it's not sensitive to gas, nor does it warn spidey when he's going to actually harm himself.such as:

first swinging scene into board
swinging into building after rescuing mj
tripping on the street on raindrops scene
falling while web slinging twice
falling while attempting to jump across building



it's most active when danger is coming from behind, although i don't think it warmed him about the oncoming goblin bats in teh burning building that attacked him from behind.

it doesn't sense villains in their natural clothes or stop your friends from *****slapping you.


have i covered most of the points about it.
 
I agree with those who say he faces most of his villains head-on, so the sense isn't sounding off. He's also more vulnerable (emotionally and psychologically) during those spidey-sense scenes when his mask is off - when he's being bullied, and when he's powerless and being hit on by MJ.

However, I do hope they put more emphasis on his Spidey sense in the next film - to contrast with the fact that Venom is able to bypass Spidey's sense.
 
but they have yet to address whether parker is conscience of this ability of his or not.

so how would he know whether it#s being activated or not
 
Odin's Lapdog said:
but they have yet to address whether parker is conscience of this ability of his or not.

so how would he know whether it#s being activated or not
I think he IS conscious - and they've shown him as conscious. His acknowledgement of his spidey sense is his reaction to it. When Flash tried to punch him, he wasn't all "what's that buzz?" - He dodged the punch. That had to have taught him something - he definitely figures it out in the parade scene in the first movie - when he gets the sense, and then Goblin shows up.

He learns its power in the first movie, and knows what it is in the second, I believe. That's why he grabs MJ and ducks when the car comes flying in the window (an excellent scene, might I add).
 
although one could say the initial dodges occur and he's taken into shock about it, and the rest of the time he's in awe about the speed at which he's moving in

there are plenty of things that you are doing now that you aren't aware of, as soon as you read this you are going to be aware that you are breathing and blinking and it will no longer be a subconscience action since you'll be consciencely thinking about doing them and will gain conscience control over those actions.


also reflex actions like a sneeze or a yawn, you have no control over what you're body does, it just happens, one can say that's how his sense acts sometimes, without conscience effort
 
Odin's Lapdog said:
although one could say the initial dodges occur and he's taken into shock about it, and the rest of the time he's in awe about the speed at which he's moving in

there are plenty of things that you are doing now that you aren't aware of, as soon as you read this you are going to be aware that you are breathing and blinking and it will no longer be a subconscience action since you'll be consciencely thinking about doing them and will gain conscience control over those actions.


also reflex actions like a sneeze or a yawn, you have no control over what you're body does, it just happens, one can say that's how his sense acts sometimes, without conscience effort
An excellent point - but I still believe the parade scene showed him his power to predict at the last half-second. He wasn't required to have a reflexive saving action in that scene - he gets the buzzy Spidey sense feeling, and then Goblin shows up and confirms it. He wasn't required to jump out of the way or dodge a bullet in that scene - he was given the time (not a lot of it, but more than a half-second) to put two-and-two together.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,620
Messages
21,774,201
Members
45,610
Latest member
picamon
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"