• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Comics Spiderman Graphic Novel Suggestions?

Adam3482009

Civilian
Reaction score
With all the Batman graphic novels out, why doesn't Spiderman have any!?

It seems that most "graphic novels" of spiderman are reprints from his regular ongoing series. Why can't we have more stand-alone/creator renowned stories for other superhero characters besides Batman?

There is all of that plus a few graphic novels from a few years ago: Son of the Goblin and The Death of the Stacy's among them.

Great site Donald. I see it's grown even bigger than before (yes I've lurked these boards before lol). You've got a huge comics collection!

Anyway, I used to collect Spider-man comics back around '92-'99. They were fun to read but I eventually just got sick of writers always ignoring continuity (axing Ben Reilly, Kain, not talking about the daughter, ect.) that even then (as obsessively as I was collecting them) I just got sick of all the crap (especially right before/after the relaunch).

I look forward to reading some of the older Spider-man stories though. However, I'd prefer to find some good "Elseworld" stories.

The only ones I've heard of are:

Spider-Man: Reign
Spider-Man: Blue

Let me know if there are any upcoming or ones I missed?

Great site Donald. I see it's grown even bigger than before (yes I've lurked these boards before lol). You've got a huge comics collection!

Anyway, I used to collect Spider-man comics back around '92-'99. They were fun to read but I eventually just got sick of writers always ignoring continuity (axing Ben Reilly, Kain, not talking about the daughter, ect.) that even then (as obsessively as I was collecting them) I just got sick of all the crap (especially right before/after the relaunch).

I look forward to reading some of the older Spider-man stories though. However, I'd prefer to find some good "Elseworld" stories.

Spider-Man: Noir just got started, and that's been pretty good!

Aloha,
Thanks.
As the Capt. mentioned Spider-Man Noir is going on right now and I like it.Anything with Dr. Strange could be called Elsewhere so you have Strange Encounter. You might also check out Spidey/Red Sonja.
Spidey rules

All right, thanks!

I didn't expect to hear that an attempt was being made at another one.
I'll check out "Noir" and see what that's all about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"