Spidey costume changes

Sean Adisano said:
hmmm, didn't see the bricks. but yea, spider same.

spideyback.jpg

spideyback2.jpg

well, there they are, there the bricks are. thanks for the close up Orlando Spider :up: :)

Hey Sean, long time, not type... (schoolwork's been a b.)

Anyway, howsabout we use the red with white webbing portion that covers the shoulders as a ruler, looking at "blocks" the white webs create on the red fabric. Look at how far out the legs stretch in SM2. Out to the further outside "blocks", right? Where the shoulderline of the red fabric meets the arms.

Now, look at SM3's Spider. The first legs are evenly lined-up with the webbing above and the second legs only stretch out to the center of the second-to-last "block". The topmost legs are indeed pulled in tighter. Good eyes, "Turd McFurden".

I wish they would've made the webbing and chest spider darker.

i remember reading that each suit cost $22,000 to make....i dont get why it would cost that much

It cost that much to do screen printing for the suit that they did in the first movie.

The second movie suits were made with a process called dye sublimation. that only requires about a tenth of the cost of the original.

Screen printing the spidersuit cost so much because there is several levels of color, blue/darks through lights, then red/darks through lights, the bricks, the color changes within the bricks, etc. It's alot of work and alot of die, thus alot of money.

Hope that sheds some light

Sean Adisano said:
listen i said this up in another post ^ , the spidey 3 pic is at an angle. the legs LOOK closer due to the angle, but they aren't. look closely, the legs extend over the same back portion as they do in the spidey 2 pic.

as for the zipper thing, in both pics its on 2 different sides. i couldn't tell you what they are but i noticed them too.

The zippers are how to get in the costume. They are on both sides. There is also another one right below the "belt" on the back.

TrueBeliever said:

Anyway, howsabout we use the red with white webbing portion that covers the shoulders as a ruler, looking at "blocks" the white webs create on the red fabric. Look at how far out the legs stretch in SM2. Out to the further outside "blocks", right? Where the shoulderline of the red fabric meets the arms.

Now, look at SM3's Spider. The first legs are evenly lined-up with the webbing above and the second legs only stretch out to the center of the second-to-last "block". The topmost legs are indeed pulled in tighter. Good eyes, "Turd McFurden".

Yeah I can see it now. The back spider is slightly different.

Just alittle bit of info. The spiders are actually the same. They're made using a type of latex. How the sit on the body of the actor depends on how they're glued. Since they're flexible, it can vary.

So again, the shape of the spider is the same, it's just whoever glued it onto the suit spaced the legs closer/wider.

We might see some variation with this in different shoots if they don't stay consistent

TrueBeliever said:

you are right TrueBeliever, the spiders legs are closer together in spidey 3 pic. thanks for showing me the error of my ways ;)

Orlando Spider said:
I HATE THIS ****ING SPIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why did they have to change this spider, i can't believe that they have left this crappy redesign in, URRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ps, i'm a spider-man one back spider fan

also the spider's legs in the spidey 3 costume is different theyare closer together in the third one at the top than they are for the second costume

The Spidey suits are awesome. It's too bad the Spidey we see most of in the film is mainly CGI. Like that awesome night swinging shot in SM2. Damn that was a nice close up, but it wasn't the real deal.

The suit looks as awesome as ever. I think the only difference to other suits is that the brick pattern is present on the spider emblem on Spidey's back, and it wasn't before...

Wow, I never noticed any changes till just now.
Can anyone post the front of the outfit from each movie side by side
and under it post the back of each outfit from the mocies side by side?

Ok guys , i think i might have found another difference? lol The soles of the feet I know it doesnt really matter. But in the second film im positive that teh cgi version was RED feet(sole), the costume actually had a black feet (sole) Ill try to find some pics:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"