So The Costume's black.

G

Gylan Thomas

Big deal. It's just the classic red and blue painted black. Would any one else prefer to see the actuall black costume on the big screen? :down

I agree. But they don't have the big white spider on his chest or anything. It's just the original costume painted black. This suit everyone is saying is black, looks more like dark blue to me. Am the only person who doesn't like the new costume? If this is the same costume being used for venom I'll be dissapointed.

I dont like it either all that much, but hey im not making the movie im just paying to watch it :p, and i dont think they will use the same one for venom

I would be seriously disapointed if this was the venom suit.

Yeah I'd also find it a little bit of a let down if the suit in the poster is the suit they will be using as Spidey's Venom style costume. Needs to be like the real deal.

But why would it make sense that all of a sudden the costume that Spider-Man wears magically has its logo enlarged? I think the point is that the symbiote covers his existing costume . . .

I would like to see the Venom costume as all black, like the suit just covered Brock's body . . . it has to make sense logistically, and that's hard to do when you're trying to transform one medium (comics) to another (film)

why didnt you just post this in the opinions on the black costume thread :x

I'm fine with it, wait till we see it on screen and then judge..

SsM said:
why didnt you just post this in the opinions on the black costume thread :x
Because every Spider-Man fan wants to feel special.:o

i dont know if anyone else feels this way but;

the suit is taking over spiderman more and more throughout the movie, so therefore it will start to look more like venom more and more throughout the movie. Dont get so dissipointed because im sure that when or if brock wears it it will look alot more like venom. I actually laughed when i saw people actually thought this is what venom might look like. But remember when we all saw GG we freaked out like, "that looks nothing like what i expected!". So don't be surprised when you do see full on venom. He will definatley not look like this poster (venom). But GG is a perfect example of why Venom will be rami's version, not ours.

Everyone is fooled by the wallpaper... it is NOT black... the pix (wallpaper) is more in black and white then a color pix and if you play with the pix the real colors can be shown... you can even see some when you study it...

the venom suit shall NOT look like the real spider suit...
venom must look like he looks and if Peter Parker wears symbiot too, it can NOT be the orignal suit just in black.. that is just stupid!

if they do that, then they can cut symbiote&venom out of movie..
cause that will just ruin him!

GG was fine... he could have been done a lot better and so I hope they do not screw up that bad with venom!!

meaning even if Raimi has is own version, he cant have the spider suit black and use that as venom or as Peter /w symbiote that is silly!!

FredL said:
Everyone is fooled by the wallpaper... it is NOT black... the pix (wallpaper) is more in black and white then a color pix and if you play with the pix the real colors can be shown... you can even see some when you study it...

the venom suit shall NOT look like the real spider suit...
venom must look like he looks and if Peter Parker wears symbiot too, it can NOT be the orignal suit just in black.. that is just stupid!

if they do that, then they can cut symbiote&venom out of movie..
cause that will just ruin him!

GG was fine... he could have been done a lot better and so I hope they do not screw up that bad with venom!!

meaning even if Raimi has is own version, he cant have the spider suit black and use that as venom or as Peter /w symbiote that is silly!!

*SLAPS forehead**

FredL said:
you can even see some when you study it...
You need your eyes testing then even SONY has said its a black suit

I LIKE the costume :) its not perfect but it definatly grows on you after you stare at it for a while :p

I just hope to see a good film with a solid storyline and great acting like we had in the first two "Spider-Man" films. And I think that's what we'll get: the best Spider-Man flick.

It's not bad, but I think it's too early to judge. If I could see it in action, or at least in a different pose, then I could render my final verdict.

whenever i looked at the old-school black costume i think that its really slick, and very suave.

with the blue and red painted black, all i see is: klunky and lame.

i want the black costume to have the same vibe as it did with the comics.

Hate to break it to you guys, but the symbiote storyline will not be used for this film. They are going to use the Ulitmate Spiderman's Venom storyline where the Venom syrum was invented by the collaboration of Peter and Eddie Brock's fathers in a failed attempt to find a cure for cancer. I don't know if they are going to play off of the father's friendship or not, but the suit will definitely be from a chemical composition and not from the symbiote. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's how they're playing it.

I prefer that; it seems a little more plausible than "It's a creature from outer space!!!" & fits more in w/Spidey's mythos. Think about it; most of Spider-Man's enemies are, like himself, victims of lab experiments gone wrong.

burke122101 said:
Hate to break it to you guys, but the symbiote storyline will not be used for this film. They are going to use the Ulitmate Spiderman's Venom storyline where the Venom syrum was invented by the collaboration of Peter and Eddie Brock's fathers in a failed attempt to find a cure for cancer. I don't know if they are going to play off of the father's friendship or not, but the suit will definitely be from a chemical composition and not from the symbiote. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's how they're playing it.

I'm really liking that idea. I also think the outer space thing would be kinda non-beleivable(sp?) kinda.

Here's an update on the Cleveland filiming:

We went through some driving tests in the parking lot of Burke Lakefront Airport today. They did confirm that shooting will take place for an armored car chase sequence. That should be pretty cool!!

I think the original Symbiote costume from the comics would have been awesome. Check out this manip that someone made of what it would look like:

spidercustom20mw.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"