World Spidey Suits & Suit Creation methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the kinds words on the pose and the boy!

As for this print, Brad is remembering correct. This print was a second for the reason of it being heated too long @ the printer and coming out too light (he told me it was about 80% of the color it was supposed to have). What you are seen that gives it such a distinct impression is I actually took the time to fabric paint (Tulip brand Slick Black) over the honeycomb pattern. That took simply FOREVER!!!!! I'm very happy with the results though. It adds a little bit more dimension, and also kinda looks alive.

All the parts shown here are from Brad, although I did insert something between the eye mesh and the frames to give it more of that "lense" look

thanks for the kinds words on the pose and the boy!

As for this print, Brad is remembering correct. This print was a second for the reason of it being heated too long @ the printer and coming out too light (he told me it was about 80% of the color it was supposed to have). What you are seen that gives it such a distinct impression is I actually took the time to fabric paint (Tulip brand Slick Black) over the honeycomb pattern. That took simply FOREVER!!!!! I'm very happy with the results though. It adds a little bit more dimension, and also kinda looks alive.

All the parts shown here are from Brad, although I did insert something between the eye mesh and the frames to give it more of that "lense" look
Ok I see..So you painted the frabric on the honeycomb pattern sections which are indeed the sections where I did notice the most impressive results.The pattern looks nice, the fabric looks nice, and the color stands out even in sunlight. I like it because it really does look like the real thing or the actual pattern that was used on the movie suit... Ive seen other spidey suits made by other suitmakers but most of them you have to be in a dark area in order for the colors to blend in well and look nice..or even the Honeycomb patterns dont go well with the suit and are not that noticeable.

But this is one suit that looks really really nice in sunlight or would look nice even night time. I also like how the Honeycomb pattern stands out and looks nice in sunlight. I guess it does pay off when you really put hard work and effort into a spidey suit to make it look even better especially if it was a second piece and you end up with better results than what it looked like before. Nice job Crimson Spider ;)

Last edited:
A mask... nothing new.. Just a pic.

DSC08273.jpg

:)

Brad that new model looks great - I look forward to seeing that on pap-err, I mean spandex.

Did anyone ever figure out how they did that honeycomb texture on the SM3 symbyote suit? Was that just silk screening?

Brad that new model looks great - I look forward to seeing that on pap-err, I mean spandex.

Did anyone ever figure out how they did that honeycomb texture on the SM3 symbyote suit? Was that just silk screening?
Thats what im wondering also..Crimson Spider's suit that he recently posted looks identical to the Honeycomb texture used in the Spiderman 3 Symbiote costume..the only problem though is that the movie suit I think had some CGI screening at certian spots..I think.:whatever:

Looks Nice ;)..Hey Brad can you also place these kind of Frames and Lenses on the Symbiote costume if someone requested them..just wondering if you made them or had them:

b-crouch.jpg

They're actually a set of Fetts frames. I dont have anymore of them.

Hey guys..I know this isnt an Iron Man Thread but I usually look at one of those threads sometimes here on the Superhero Hype Boards to see what other Replica costumes aside of the Spiderman, Batman or Dark Knight they actually make..here is something very interesting I found on how a Iron Man Armor Suit is actually made..The cool thing about it is that it is actually made with fiber glass and other Sylicone sculpted methods similar materials that are used to make a Batman Replica suit...Ive seen a finished one with a finished rich coated paint of hot rod red and Yellow..Ive displayed a photo of a finished Iron Man suit armor..I think it looks really cool.. just something that I found really cool and interesting thats all.

NEW 2009 SCULPT OF THE
TMP IRONMAN
Wearable Armor or Lifesize Display.

The hard work on the new generation 3 armor sculpt of TMP Ironman is comming to an end. Due to alloe of PM and contact regarding availibilty of this armor we decided to offer a Limited amount of number to a special price.

But first here are the photos of the new sculpt.
ironmanlatejuly009.jpg

ironmanlatejuly001.jpg

ironmanlatejuly006.jpg

Really Nice ;)

_fanmande_armor_2.jpg

ARMOR DETAILS:

The armor will be mainly constructed from Solid glassfiber work with rich details all over. The armor will come finished painted either in the original mark 3 colours or custom paint colors wanted.

The difference with this suit vs previouse is that this was not focused on a wide sizerange specter. This was sculpted to look like the original and size whould follow the sculpt not the other way arround. This ressults in the suit will fitt a smaller group of people. Estimate size can be up to 6.4 tall but you got to have a slim / ateletic build. Ideal size is arround 6 feet and arround 30-34 Waist size.

GOOD NEWS FOR SHORTER PEOPLE.

Regardless of ideal size, Shorter people will look better in this version vs. the older generation 1 and 2 armor. For people size arround 5.8-5-10 can still wear it, BUT NOTE it will of course not look the same as a person 6.2 tall. But if the wearer uses high sole boots + heel sole inserts inside the boot then you can be raised up to 5-6 inches at max. Then you gain the extra length on the legs. Another thing is that the chest is is about 1/3 less bigg vs the gen 2 armor. Also the midsection legs and helmet is more streamlined and not so bulcky and buffed up as the previouse versions.

Last edited:
Cool IM suit. It'd be really cool if someone with that suit and a Spider-Man suit made a good fan film together. Idk, I'm an independent film maker so it seems like a fun idea to me.

The Symbyote suit looks like they took a wire frame made of rubber and glued it to the material. And it also has this shimmer to it, almost like it's coated with something. Fan suits look good, but no one seems to be able to find out what else they did.

I have these Nike shoes that have a black rubber honeycomb pattern on them that looks similar to the movie suit. Whatever they did might work for the spandex.

Everyone hear Disney bought out Marvel today?
Shame... last thing I want to see plastered before Spiderman 4 - Disney.

Everyone hear Disney bought out Marvel today?
Shame... last thing I want to see plastered before Spiderman 4 - Disney.
Are you serious? Thats stupid.. Now that looks awful for Marvel..and your right..why did it have to be before the filming of Spiderman 4 and all these other good Marvel movies hitting theathers in 2010, 2011, and 2012 like The Avengers, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man 2, Spiderman 4 5& and 6..Man thats going to look stupid for Marvel...it's like that rumor that came out a while back that DisneyLand was going to buy out Six Flags Magic Mountian: California because they were filing bankruptcy..This is not good :csad:

If only Disney could take over all the Fox films - I mean there's not a lot of room left for them to fall in quality.

I guess there will be a few more characters at Disneyland when next you visit...also just imagine the Spiderman ride!!

I guess there will be a few more characters at Disneyland when next you visit...also just imagine the Spiderman ride!!
That's Awful..I cannot imagine Spiderman walking around a Disney Park or even having the Disney Pictures theme displayed on one of the newer Marvel Movies that yet to come out.. like Spiderman 4. That just doesn't go well. It's like mixing Warner Bros with Disney and having Batman or even the Joker who is a destructive terrorist walking around a Disney Park or instead of having the WB them title out in a Batman Movie and instead it would say Disney Pictures production...Leave Spiderman at Universal Studios where he belongs and Leave Batman at Gothem City at Six Flags where he belongs :(..Ok guys im sorry I will get back to the Spidey Suits and suit Creation Methods Now.

Last edited:
They won't have the Disney theme. It's owned by the company, doesn't mean they'll make it into a kids cartoon. It would be a horrible public relations mistake to do that and honestly, Disney isn't stupid. It's odd and awkward to think Marvel is going to be owned by Disney, but if anything it'll only make it better.

Besides, Universal is kind of a boring park compared to Disney World. Now we can see Indiana Jones, Star Wars and Spider-Man all in one place, like a giant movie theater coming to life.

They won't have the Disney theme. It's owned by the company, doesn't mean they'll make it into a kids cartoon. It would be a horrible public relations mistake to do that and honestly, Disney isn't stupid. It's odd and awkward to think Marvel is going to be owned by Disney, but if anything it'll only make it better.

Besides, Universal is kind of a boring park compared to Disney World. Now we can see Indiana Jones, Star Wars and Spider-Man all in one place, like a giant movie theater coming to life.

Yep.. having no theme parks or representation at the parks was a waste of a good product & loss of marketing opportunity.

The most fun thing at Universal I remember was the Terminator 2 3D. Other stuff was fun too, but in my opinion it just can't compete with Disney MGM park.

It'd be really great if they made a live action Spider-Man show (not a musical) - a stunt show like Indiana, using the movie quality suits and having lots of top-notch gymnastics and martial arts, showing the kind of work that goes into bringing Spider-Man to life on screen and stage...when they're not too busy making him CGI.

I know if I got to see that as a kid or even now I'd certainly be excited. It's a great opportunity.

The most fun thing at Universal I remember was the Terminator 2 3D. Other stuff was fun too, but in my opinion it just can't compete with Disney MGM park.

It'd be really great if they made a live action Spider-Man show (not a musical) - a stunt show like Indiana, using the movie quality suits and having lots of top-notch gymnastics and martial arts, showing the kind of work that goes into bringing Spider-Man to life on screen and stage...when they're not too busy making him CGI.

I know if I got to see that as a kid or even now I'd certainly be excited. It's a great opportunity.

Whooo... now you're talking... a live stunt show. That would be be very cool.

Looking at the SM films I think they missed the ball on the action a lot of times. They over use the CG so much and use that "we'll do it in post, let's pretend we have to" excuse.

For example, there's tons of gymnasts and martial artists that can do "impossible" moves that would look very Spider-Man-esque, like Tony Jaa.

Having someone that can do a double flip or run up walls and ect. would blow people away. Videos like that on youtube always get people talking.

A pic of a leg Im currently working on....

DSC08303.jpg

Brad

Some more pics in different light...

DSC08300.jpg

DSC08301.jpg

Brad.

Hey I Have A Hunch...Shoot Me If I'm Wrong But Are Spiderman0884 And SPIDEY4FUN Two Of The Same Persona????hmmm :s

Oh yea, good looking on the suits Brad, I should start to post some in the thread once I get my website up the scratch!

Hey I Have A Hunch...Shoot Me If I'm Wrong But Are Spiderman0884 And SPIDEY4FUN Two Of The Same Persona????hmmm :s

lol.. actually we live on different continents and he's 5 inches shorter then me....lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"